Thread: Please can i have some advice on contract & phone

Thanks

Please can i have some advice on contract & phone

Hi all

It's come to the time of year where i upgrade my phone. I've been on a £20 a month contract with o2 for around 5 years now and i've been fairly happy with it as the monthly charges have been ok and i've been able to get a good phone upgrade every year. Currently i have a samsung D900 which i love apart from the camera which is rubbish in anything other than daylight, ideally i'd like a phone with a good camera that i can use on nights out.

Also it's come to the point now that i'm using more minutes and need to change my tariff and i was thinking of changing to something that was £25 a month with more anytime minutes than i currently have. I looked at o2 and they have a tariff that seems reasonable but i would also like the LG viewty as my upgrade, but the cost of the phone upgrade is £90, which is more than i'd like to pay.

The other option i've got at the moment is to switch to t-mobile as they do a very good £25 a month tariff with the LG viewty at about £50. I say about £50 because the person i spoke to in the shop said there was a bit of leeway in the price. I'm not too keen on changing provider but the t-mobile tariff seems better and they would both be 18 month contracts.

So my questions are, would o2 give me a similar price on the viewty in the shop if i haggled a bit, or would it be a good idea to go with t-mobile, or are there any better phone & tariff combinations that i should look at, preferably with a 12 month contract? Ideally i'd like the viewty because of it's camera and i like it's design, nothing else has really seemed as good.

Thanks in advance

Andy
    Last edited by kasavien; 18-12-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks

Re: Please can i have some advice on contract & phone

hell yeah haggle. especially if you say your unhappy with the phone and package. they'll want you to stay and should give you a free tariff upgrade and/or the phone you want....might be 18month contract but still.

if they dont play nice, move to the best offer! 3 has doggy network coverage, but that depends on where you are. orange might have settled. i was with them just over a year ago when they bought wannadoo (i think) basically their customer support went t*&ts up because they were dealing with mobile and broadband. the others seem to be alright. currently with virgin, £25p/m 200 x network mins and 250 txt. it's alright for me, but if you've been with someone for 5 years - i'd push that point to get a better deal.

good luck

Thanks

Good news! i rang o2 today and they're putting me on a contract at £25 a month 600 anytime minutes and 1000 texts and the LG viewty free on an 18month contract it was rather easy too so maybe i could have gotten more off but i didn't want to push my luck. I think i'm getting more than i actually need since i only use around 15minutes and 40 texts a month apparently but i wanted the viewty because i need a half decent compact camera too Hopefully the viewty will be as good as it looks!

Thanks

I'd be interested in your "review" of the Viewty!

Thanks

How did you go about getting that contract? Just ring them and ask for it or in store?
    Im very interested as orange dont do good data charges

Thanks

They offered me the contract because i was going to go elsewhere, t-mobile have a comparable plan for £25 a month but the phone was extra, i told them this and the guy said that obviously they would like to keep me as a customer and he offered the contract as an incentive to stay with o2.

Thread Information