Thread: n90 or k750i, any idea which has the better cam?

Thanks

n90 or k750i, any idea which has the better cam?

Both 2MP cams but that doesn't mean all that much as quality of lens and type of sensor can make a huge difference.

I can't remember all the details but IIRC its cmos sensors that are the "worse" variety, and i assume the sony phones would have the better kind but its only coming with a cmos sensor. but is that really a bad thing? i do want it as the best possible cam quality possible plus mp3 player is a bonus and i can live with it. for nights out i'd like decent pics but as i'd have my phone anyway its too much stuff to bring a separate camera everywhere.

anyway theres this carl weise lens talked about with the nokia, but i have no idea that that means. its being sold as a plus point but will it give better quality pics than the sony? has anyone spotted any test shots from the nokia phone anywhere on the net. seen some k750i cam pics in reviews and they seem ok. i tried a 02 x4 for all of a day , supposedly 1.3mp cam but the quality was appalling, focus was bad and grainy, pictures were too crap to keep.

I'd prefer to sort out phone asap but i can live with waiting a couple months. i don't think i really need the capacity of the n91 and do prefer flip phones(or have done so far).

Thanks
    oh yeah, and does the nokia have flash built in? in the review for k750i they all mention the add on flash module, so not sure if it has one built in like hte k700 i had.

Thanks
    The N90 certainly has a built in flash, along with auto-focus and macro mode. Haven't seen any example photos from it floating about the internet yet though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    The N90 certainly has a built in flash, along with auto-focus and macro mode.
    Yeah, the K750i does too. I'm going for the Sony as I am sick of nokia's and this one also looks a little larger than the Sony. But i must say they both look good. The N90 is a few weeks off release is it not? While the Sony is out now. If i decide i want the n90 instead i will ebay my sony and buy an n90.

Pop along to www.mobile-review.com for a monster review of the K750i. They say it's the best quality camera AND mp3 phone at the moment, but that could change in a week. I think you will be VERY suprised at the photo quality in the sample shots. A huge leap for the last generation of pointless mobile cameras. Quite printable if you ask me and perfect for a night out etc.
    Last edited by autopilot; 24-05-2005 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks
    Well, I reckon the Nokia N90 will be quite an expensive phone anyway.

It's got a lot of features that the K750i hasn't, like 3G, a ridiculously high resolution screen and smartphone functionality.

Thanks
    couldn't be bothered waiting anymore. been waiting for a decent phone for ages. i was planning on getting the 3.2mp samsung cam phone, been available in korea for like a year now, was supposed to be here in january, 3 diff places said stock in jan then it got pulled. i love it when the uk gets nothing good the samsung has their 5mp version of the phone out soon or possibly out now over there.

ordered from mobileshop as its quite a bit cheaper, more text's and double mins and texts for 3 months. they said stock is due on thursday so hopefully will have it pretty soon. oooo, better find me somewhere with the 1gb pro duo cards in stock, anyone seen them in stock anywhere?

Thanks
    • mt50's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asrock 945DVI
      • CPU:
      • E6300@2250mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2gig ram
      • Storage:
      • 120gig IDE(storage) 80GIG sata(os)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8600GT 256mb
      • PSU:
      • 380w antec
      • Case:
      • antec nsk4400
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15inc tft/19inch widescreen tft
      • Internet:
      • 20mm virgin
    ebay is quite cheap for duo cards, scandisk for around £85 inc.
    or a 512mb one for just under £40(which i'll be going for)

Thanks
    Moby Memory are reliable for memory if you don't trust eBay.

Thread Information