Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OSX on sub notebook (MSI wind)

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: OSX on sub notebook (MSI wind)

Quote Originally Posted by keef247 View Post
    that's a bit over the top. as for cutting off hands again over the top.

I mean within reason... for example then so you'd download stuff if it wasn't a crime yet over here but was illegal somewhere else... course you would but don't you think if its for sale over here that's for a reason?
    I mean just because you could download it without legal problems doesn't mean it wouldn't not be illegal does it. It just means we haven't got the law to prosecute you yet.

that's crazy... your condoning piracy with a "if you won't get caught its ok" attitude...

no-one has provide proof of a UK source stating the legalities the mac EULA vs the US one...
    Ok think of it this way, i put in one of my EULAs (which obviously i don't write myself been a dev monkey) if you use this for more than 20 hours a day, i get to own your sister.

Its in the EULA, it must be law? No because its unfair and an illegal practice.

Ok, lets say in small print, after selling the product i say if you use it for more than 20 hours a day, you owe me 100x the original sale price.

again, its in the EULA, is it law? Hell no, its an unfair contract.

So, putting something in your EULA dosen't make it law, don't know how much more simply i can put it!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Apple make significantly less money on software than they do on hardware though, so there's absolutely no benefit in opening up their operating system.

MS don't make the hardware though, so don't have much control over the quality of components put into people's systems.

Agreed to some extent. The drivers will be higher quality, yes, but that doesn't mean they'll be better drivers. Video drivers for Windows machines are much more well developed, I suppose this could be to do with Direct X but I don't know much about that.

Do you think you prefer Apple running a very tight ship with lots of control?
    I really fail to see how this is pertinant to the original idea that it would be anti-competitive to enforce, needlessly your hardware for the OS.

I'm also guessing that your not an analyist. Apple's share inflation of late is largely due to iPod and iPhone, the hardware sales of apple computers is really little. Given that by far the biggest players in this game are software houses its interesting that apple insist on not directly competing with MS.

And it might not be because its an inferior product, it might simply be a case of rather going for the little niches.

Either way, my original comments are from a developer, not a users, point of view about the company. They really don't offer anything like as much as any other vendor out there. They also seam to play dog in a manger like sun used to during the late 90s....... But this is way off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I really fail to see how this is pertinant to the original idea that it would be anti-competitive to enforce, needlessly your hardware for the OS.
    How is it not pertinent? Microsoft allow windows to be installed on a large range of hardware, which reduces the amount of control they have over that hardware. Apple control exactly what hardware goes into the computer, so why then, should they not have control of the software that goes with it?

I'm also guessing that your not an analyist. Apple's share inflation of late is largely due to iPod and iPhone, the hardware sales of apple computers is really little. Given that by far the biggest players in this game are software houses its interesting that apple insist on not directly competing with MS.
    Are you an analyst? I never made any comparisons between sales of computers and sales of iPods and iPhones. I said that apple make more money on hardware than they do on software.

And it might not be because its an inferior product, it might simply be a case of rather going for the little niches. Either way, my original comments are from a developer, not a users, point of view about the company. They really don't offer anything like as much as any other vendor out there. They also seam to play dog in a manger like sun used to during the late 90s....... But this is way off.
    That's a subjective view. I think they offer more than other vendors out there.

4. Received thanks from:

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I said that apple make more money on hardware than they do on software.
    I'm guessing that may have something to do with them intentionally crippling their software to ensure it only runs on their own hardware, and the extremely bloated markup on their hardware stops them from achiving any large volume of sales on that either. If Apple made their Operating System accessable to all x86(_64) users their software sales would easily increase well beyond the sales of their hardware. They don't think they have to compete with anyone else on the market, that's why someone cited them as being meglomanical earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

because when you install it it gives you the choice to agree or disagree to the terms LIKE ANY OS
    HENCE why if you don't agree setup ceases and you have to send back your copy stating why yada yada yada. basically anyone even a complete n00b knows what windows is for and what mac is for.so why make such a ridiculous statement. thats like making out you didn't know vodka is alcoholic till your drunk lmao.doesn't make it an acceptable excuse.

all this if i'm honest utter bollox about how it needs to be "tested" is pathetic.
    if that's your way of life then I'm sure you'll condone rape and all sorts of new found illegal actives yet to have a closed loophole. i expect you think doing drugs isn't illegal if no-one knows you did it and didn't get caught
    Are you reading what's been written and reflecting on it at all? Because frankly you appear to have downed several bottles of laxitives and everything is going in reverse. Read the damn Act, read what people are saying, and stop spouting industry pesudo-legal propoganda nonsense. Most of all, start making some God damned sense.
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

so in otherwords be a sheep like you and support illegalities and piracy.... nay thanks.
    If only you stopped to think how rediculous you sound right there.

i'd prefer to agree with what i believe in
    What you BELIEVE in is irrelivant, this isn't a theological debate. This is a discussion of actual law, not pesudo-law.

instead of jumping on friend points bandwagon along with butting in trying to make out you have a CLUE what your on about when you DON'T.
    I've taken a look at the Act, have you?

have you ran an illegal osx? NO...
    Why would I want to run an inferior version of an operating system?

have you red up on it.i doubt it.have you gone through it and seen all the info on the rights etc that even the hackers support.
    obviously NOT.
    You really haven't read anything I've written, have you? Go back, read, see extracts I've pointed to, check them out, the laws are available online for cross referencing.

so you have no right to criticize without facts
    *la sigh* as above.

Pretty much everything you've written in this thread is along the lines of ZOMGHAXLOLZWTF!!11!!!!
    And frankly it's getting tiring, having to repeat myself time and time again because you just don't bother your hole reading what people are saying and sticking to your propoganda-based assumptions about copyright law, which is quite frankly a load of horse ****e with exactly NO basis on reality at all.

Thanks

actually idiot i've ran osx illegally on a mates mac and set it up so i full well know the process etc etc... hence why I'm not condoning it... so what yeah you could have a 1400 quid mac for a 600quid hardware price... fair enough if it was legal and legit yeah that'd be great we'd all love that but the fact is a loophole is NOT going to make it right.
    Whilst yes, aidanjt and i have proved how deep the vains of idoicy run through us on many occasions. And in a way i hate you for this.... But:
    he's right.

Now your first response, once again shows how little you understand this. Would you ask a mugger for legal advice or a lawyer?

The lawyer has never stabbed someone, yet understands the legal implications of stabbing someone better than the mugger...... Get where this is going.

Now, we are in Great Britain. As such the laws we obey are not the same as the US. Agree?

We can use things fairly. If i buy a flat head screw driver, i'm allowed to open a tin of paint with it aren't i? I've paid for the screw driver, and the paint. Its my decesion. Just because they also sell paint tin openers dosen't mean i have to buy one. It would be folly to allow the screw driver people to put a EULA in there that said "no paint tins can be opened with this screw driver", if you could prove that a well made screw driver should be able to open paint tins without any problem, they would also have to honer warranty...

9. Received thanks from:

aidanjt (12-08-2008)

Thanks

ITS NOT A LOOPHOLE

TheAnimus's Response EULA:
    By Reading this the issuer is entitled to harvest the reader's organs for beer money.

I want your kidneys please.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

wtf has that got to do with a EULA. we have an apple uk don't we ... yes.
    well then we also have a uk EULA... and if we don't then we'd be bound to the same one as the us..
    i love how no-one has bothered to provide proof of this quite frankly bs "loophole" all you've done is said its there...

i however have provided links and quotes from the eula/hackers versions etc which even state how you need legal distro along with mac hardware for example...
    Oh well, if some American intardweb site says so it must be true. We don't need courts or legislation at all anymore then!!1! We just need a big fat EULA to put our baby print on, on our birth certificates.

your all saying this and that but none of you have provided proof any of the times i've asked.
    you just use freedom examples... the difference is this isn't free. the eula on osx states that if you don't comply to what it asks you to read on bootup to return the disc etc... same with windows and linux... nothings changed... the only difference is mac's eula states about the hardware being mac only...

why is this so hard for you to understand lol it's not like the information isn't there right in front of you....
    Ok, I'm going to say this for the last time, THE TERMS IN AN EULA's ARE NOT THE LAW. Anyone that believes this fallacy is giving WAY too much power to corporations. If you don't agree with this talk to your MP and support the removal of Fair Use from UK law so we can all get ass raped by greedy manical corperations together along with the Americans. But I'm fairly sure he'll laugh you out of his office.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    ITS NOT A LOOPHOLE

TheAnimus's Response EULA:
    By Reading this the issuer is entitled to harvest the reader's organs for beer money.

I want your kidneys please.
    Are you sure? Mine are well used.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Check out Boot132, you can create yourself a boot CD or USB stick that allows installing of OSX from an original disc.

EULAs are licence agreements and not the law as well. I believe MSI Wind runs OSX quite well, just a small amount of hassle to get the onboard sound working.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Check out Boot132, you can create yourself a boot CD or USB stick that allows installing of OSX from an original disc.

The current main problem is that the wifi card fitted to the wind does not currently work with OS-X, the only way to sort this is to instal one that is OS-X compatible (dell 1390 £15 on ebay). While you fitting the wifi card you might as well shove another gig of ram in there (£10 ebay), as you cant get at either without taking the wind apart. I have just completed both these tasks, took 15 minutes, and am now typing this on my OSX based wind I still need to look in to the sound issue, it does have sound but think the problems are to do with the use of headphones / mic. I was surprised that the keys used to control wifi, sound, etc work in OSX.

It's good to be bad pauldarkside's Avatar
    Thanks
    • pauldarkside's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4770K & Corsair Hydro H80i
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Force GS 128GB, Crucial M500 480GB, WD Black 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional HX850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 780T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity @ 78Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Flibb View Post
    The current main problem is that the wifi card fitted to the wind does not currently work with OS-X, the only way to sort this is to instal one that is OS-X compatible (dell 1390 £15 on ebay). While you fitting the wifi card you might as well shove another gig of ram in there (£10 ebay), as you cant get at either without taking the wind apart. I have just completed both these tasks, took 15 minutes, and am now typing this on my OSX based wind I still need to look in to the sound issue, it does have sound but think the problems are to do with the use of headphones / mic. I was surprised that the keys used to control wifi, sound, etc work in OSX.
    As a result of this thread, I picked up a Wind clone on Sunday along with an additional 1GB stick, had a larger hard drive delivered this morning and I'll hopefully have the 1490 popped through the letterbox tomorrow. Just running through the installation process right now - couldn't wait for the wifi card to arrive so I'll add that when it does

I'm not too bothered about the lack of mic/headphone support. Have to say I'm pretty impressed so far and it'll make for a great test machine especially when I've got it dual booting.
    My only concern is should I hide my true identity? A costume maybe?

0iD: Plus weeing in it every now & again does it good
    scaryjim: 10" is just a little large to hold comfortably in one hand, which makes it a lot harder to tap, swipe and generally interact with.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

right so licenses are all lies and made for a laugh... okkkk then.
    its part of the license when you install that you conform to the aggreement with the terms of use.the same as windows with using say a oem with 4machines you can't they need their own licenses so wtf are you talking about. all you keep doing is giving stupid examples to things with freedom and comparing them... mac DOESN'T have the freedom of buying a screwdriver etc.its OSX for MAC... strange that isn't it this isn't windows and even windows has restrictions like how many times you can install and register and the amount of machines per license. its nothing new so why do you seem to think because its "mac" its fine to break legality's...

as for flibb i bet you really paid for that copy of osx... i think not... because unless your really a dev guy who already owns a mac and has modified the legal iso within mac and added the driver support then burned it onto a disc... (making it again illegal so pointless)
    DIDN'T think so...
    you prolly just downloaded iatkos or toh or kaylway didn't you like the rest of the pikeys.

say what you want but i highly doubt you'd have bought a mac just to "see" if you could get this working... oh and 2 copy's of osx 1 for each machine.HA i highly doubt that.

a mac is needed to modify the disc imagine for use on other x86 platforms... you probably just went straight onto google for torrents didn't you...
    Your continious personal attacks, assumptions, lack of coherency, lack of basic knowledge of law that GCSE Business Studies kiddie should know, refusal to listen, and blatent spewing of nonsense has lost you all credibility. I, for one will no longer bother wasting my breath to explain where you're going wrong.

Thanks

in other words i was right then.
    No keef. You have utterly missed every point that has been given to you by people in here, you are clearly just not reading what's been wrote.

Take a step back, reread over the thread and try to take a fresh look of it. You're typing without thinking at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

in other words i was right then.
    Oh for the love of God.

you didn't pay and you are using a hacked pirated iso.
    Already said I don't use OS X, never have, don't particularly care to either. You not only made an assumption, you blatently ignored facts already disclosed to you.

obviously are cause you obviously couldn't admit you hadn't done your research there then.
    No, I just don't. Again, you not only made an assumption, you ignored prior established facts.

fact is no-one unless they have a mac let alone the skills is going to goto all the hassle of modifying a legal disc and creating a hacked iso with all the patches manually added
    As already pointed out, you can use Windows to modify a retail copy of OS X. Again, you've made assumptions and completely ignored already established facts.

so basically you along with the rest have just grabbed a torrent havent you. how pathetic.
    Again, no. You've yet again made a baseless assumption and ignored already established facts.

you give it all that yet when your caught out you have jack to say and run away.
    Caught by whom?.. And caught doing what?.. I've tried explaining to you, you don't listen, so there's not point talking to you, that's all there is to it.

i think its you who's on the gsce's kiddo.
    Oh snap! How original!.. More personal attacks too, brilliant. At least I was pointing out the fact that GCSE Business Studies students should know what we're all telling you.

as for all this test machine bollox that's all it is.your telling me you throw money around just too "see" if it works.
    People who develop software do exactly just that.

yeah sure you do.I'm sure you did the above and bought a mac and modified your 1st legal copy then your second for use on the wind... DOUBT THAT very MUCH.
    As above, you can modify within Windows.

i bet you think actually using it is "testing" don't you.
    Define 'using', using is part of testing.

that's just a sly way of making out its not illegal fact is you'll be using the machines so yeah test my ass
    Again, more baseless assumptions you've already made, and have already been dismissed.

Do you seriously think repeating the same fallacies over and over again will make you right? Or are you just trolling? Because that's how it's starting to look.

Anyway, that's it, the end.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information