• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit

help this fat boy become slim

hey, had to make a good title topic.

i need to lose wieght, im 6'1 and nearly 17 stone i'vr put on a serious amount of weight these past 3 years and im ready to get rid of it. i joined a gym and lost 1 stone 5 pounds but i won't be happy until i get back to my 13 stone.

i got a large frame (im not just saying this) so i think around 13 will be the correct target.

sometimes i can't go gym beacuse i need to work, but im going to buy a skipping rope and do joging while i'm not able to go to the gym.

but the problem is with eating what do i eat?

Thanks
    Well Its not practical but I was 18 stone, joind the army and in a year I lost five, TA maybe?

Consider a 5 minute run, experience says it works! Of course you build up as you improve.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Of course you need cadio vascular excerise. If you really wanna lose weight fast, the rowing or running are best (uses the most muslce, therefore most calories).

A good circuit to do is start of running (or whichever you choose) until you're knackered, get your breath back, then do a circuit of weights, by the time you've been around you'll be ready to do the cardio again. by the end of that, you'll stink and be damn tired, but you'll lose wieght very fast.

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull
    Of course you need cadio vascular excerise. If you really wanna lose weight fast, the rowing or running are best (uses the most muslce, therefore most calories).

A good circuit to do is start of running (or whichever you choose) until you're knackered, get your breath back, then do a circuit of weights, by the time you've been around you'll be ready to do the cardio again. by the end of that, you'll stink and be damn tired, but you'll lose wieght very fast.
    i'll give this a try keep you tips coming guys

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you eat junk food, dont.

if you drink alcohol, dont (possibly the worst thing you can do if you are trying to lose weight, regardless of the type of alcohol).

eat plenty of fruit and veg.

cut down on anything greasy, remove any fat from meat before cooking, remove skin from chicken etc.

fish is good for you.

water is your friend. drink plenty.

walk everywhere, even places that might seem too far, next time, they wont seem as far. make a point of walking for 20 mins a day at least. get a stepometer/pedometer, try and do 10,000 steps plus your other exercise.

20 mins cardio every other day, and once you can do that with no probs, try and do the 20 mins cardio every day. get an exercise bike or rowing machine.

do all that and the weight will drop off you.

but before you do any exercise, see your doctor and make sure you are ok to do it.

the key is, a complete change of lifestyle.

good luck

Thanks
    I forgot to add, Ifyou are heavy running can place a lot of strain on your knees ankles.

Start lowimpact with something like walking, chuckskull has a good comment. If you are truley as big as you think you are ten 20 mins every therday will be a big strain on your heart, tkae iteasy to begin with.

Thanks
    I'm the total opposite to you but I needed to gain weight as I was ridiculously underweight! But I went to see a dietition who helped me plan out my eating, i.e told me when to eat, what to eat and general things to help me feel fit and healthier. I also joined th gym and started weight training (2years ago now) I've since then put ove 2 stone. I seem to eat a lot better, i.e cutting out not healthy foods. I admit I still eat lots of chocolate and crisps and stuff but with a handful of allergies, you have to have some treats. Just not too many!

Good Luck and muchos respect for trying to loose weight, it must be much more difficult to loose weight than to gain it (for most people) but me its the other way round, probably due to my fast metabolism.

So perhaps try a dietition?

Kinobe

Banned
    Thanks
    i dont know if this applys to your case, but if you loose at lot of wieght quick arnt you left with loose skin?

i used to live with my dad, and would just eat at the correct times in the day and lost a stone very quickly, like 2 weeks, since i have moved out i have put it back on and now am 13 stone again rofl

Thanks

to lose weight fast

hiiii, its really gud to lose extra be coz itz d cause of many other problems.I had lost 10lbs in 2wks. I am now at around 18 lbs. Acc. to me doet pills are the effective way to lose weight, diet pills eliminate you hunger and force your body to burn the extra fat and help you to reduce fat in a healthy way

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    Jogging is the best way to lose masses of weight, I jog for around 20 - 25 minutes at a time...

People always beat around the obvious and do silly things in the name of losing weight, like drinking 8 liters of water...erm no, jog.

LOL! Its free and you can in theory do it anytime and theres no need to pay for any of useless expensive weight-loss pills that I'd imagine are just placebos.

I fail to see the benifits of drinking such masses of water as someone recenlty posted a website detailing the misconception of the benifits surrounding the consumption such masses of water on its own.

I'd like to point out that I occasionally do a two mile run, its hard, VERY hard at first, but then you get used to it.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Drinking 8 liters of water is a great way to lose weight. If you feel sick constantly, you wont be eating much will you

Staying hydrated is very important, but like everything you can over do it.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Staying hydrated is very important, but like everything you can over do it.
    I think that's called 'drowning' lol.

I'm in the same situation - i've gained a lot of weight in the last year spurred on by being bed ridden for about 4 weeks early in the year (very ill) where I think I got into the zone of comfort eating and basically couldn't move much.
    So i'm now a blobby sod. I've bought a running machine and i'm _trying_ to motivate myself into jogging against an incline as this is less stressful on my back and is bloody hard work. That hardest part in weight loss is motivation for me - i never feel like excercising (part. after work) but feel great after doing it (albeit tired). I love the buzz y'know?

And yes, drinking is the worst thing to be doing - you just can't drop off weight whilst drinking and the effect of it's worse as you get older. Quitting the booze is probably the hardest thing I face - not that i drink a lot, it's just that i do it too bloody often!
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    I think that's called 'drowning' lol.

I'm in the same situation - i've gained a lot of weight in the last year spurred on by being bed ridden for about 4 weeks early in the year (very ill) where I think I got into the zone of comfort eating and basically couldn't move much.
    So i'm now a blobby sod. I've bought a running machine and i'm _trying_ to motivate myself into jogging against an incline as this is less stressful on my back and is bloody hard work. That hardest part in weight loss is motivation for me - i never feel like excercising (part. after work) but feel great after doing it (albeit tired). I love the buzz y'know?

And yes, drinking is the worst thing to be doing - you just can't drop off weight whilst drinking and the effect of it's worse as you get older. Quitting the booze is probably the hardest thing I face - not that i drink a lot, it's just that i do it too bloody often!
    You're in pretty much the same position as me. I have a gym membership but when it come to dragging myself down there and actually doing something i can never be bothered.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    You're in pretty much the same position as me. I have a gym membership but when it come to dragging myself down there and actually doing something i can never be bothered.
    Yeah too right - although last night I got on the running machine and managed a (whole) 12 minutes slog uphill. God i'm unfit lol I used to do 30 with ease! What I'm doing is forcing myself to do it as soon as i get in of an evening - before i can sit down and ease into lazzee boy mode.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Herr Doktor Oetker, ja!!! pollaxe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used to follow the blood group diet (Eat Right For Your Type). A scientist friend of mine says it's based on incorrect assumptions but it definitely helped for me. The weight fell off.

However, as with any diet/exercise regime the key to it is really wanting to do it in the first place. You sound motivated and really, there's no mystery or magic to it. Eat healthily, exercise more and drink a lot of water. Take it steadily, set realistic goals, weigh yourself no more than once a week (same time of day if possible and without clothing) and aim to lose a little and often rather than a load suddenly. You may find if you hit the gym your appetite increases (it always does for me) but avoid the doughnuts and keep an image of what/how you want to look at the end of it. It's supposed to be better to eat six small meals during the day rather than 3 big ones. Cut down on any alcohol too. A training partner really helps, you're more likely to stick at it if there's more than one of you and it gives you someone to talk to as well.

Good luck and stick with it!

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Yeah the partner thing is a good one - if there's two of you going to the gym it becomes a social (and perhaps competative!) thing and it's a little harder to 'opt out' when feeling lazy. I have a wife who prods my fat belly and calls me names - same thing really

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information