Thread: IP35 Pro dead?

Thanks

IP35 Pro dead?

Hi everyone,

It seems like my IP35 pro is dead, and I want to check to see if anyone else has ideas on what could be wrong before I go out and get a new motherboard.

The power went out yesterday for about 10 hours (plane crash in Palo Alto, CA) and when it returned the PC wouldn't power on with the soft power switch. Tried cycling the hard PS switch and unplugging the power cable a few times to no avail. Opened up the case to look inside and I saw that the 3VSB led was on when the power supply was on and connected, but nothing else. The POST LED array would not come on nor would the green power led on the board. I tried using the external soft power switch and the soft power switch on the board. I also tried clearing the cmos several times both ways (jumper and external switch). I checked the CMOS battery voltage and it still seems good (> 3V). I disconnected everything except a single stick of RAM, CPU, video card, and the 4 necessary power connections (main ATX, the 8 pin to the MB, the 4 pin to the MB, and the 6 pin PCI-E to the video card) and I had no change. The only response I get from the board at all is turning on and off the power supply changes the 3VSB light on and off.

I tested my power supply by shorting the PS ON pin, and that worked fine, and I also tried a separate known-to-be-working power supply (though it only had a 4 pin power connector instead of the 8 pin) and had the same results.

The computer was running fine for two years, though I swapped RAM somewhere in the middle.

The components still connected are:
    Intel Q6600
    NVidia 8800GT
    Corsair XMS2 DDR2 2x2GB 5-5-5-18 PC6400/800MHz
    Antec Earthwatts 500W

I used to run the Q6600 at 3.0 GHz, but I'm assuming that my many CMOS clears would have reset that. I don't remember what I had my RAM voltage set to, but I do remember before when it was set incorrectly that the computer would still power on, but it wouldn't post. In my case now I can't get the PS to power up by using the MB, which seems like it's beyond RAM.

Anyone have any ideas before I chunk this MB which has served me pretty well?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

Re: IP35 Pro dead?

Tried a different PSU?
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks

Re: IP35 Pro dead?

Quote Originally Posted by format View Post
    Tried a different PSU?
    Yup. I have another PSU in my HTPC which I tried out, but I got the same result. It only has a 4 pin (instead of 8 pin) secondary ATX power connector. Still no repsonse whatsoever other than the 3VSB light.

Thread Information