Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 25

Thread: Looking to buy Abit FATALITY AN9 32X Socket AM2 SLI is it worth buying???

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Looking to buy Abit FATALITY AN9 32X Socket AM2 SLI is it worth buying???

    Hi everyone

    i need alittle help!!!

    at the moment am running

    OCZ (OCZ2G8002GK) 2GB (2x1024MB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 CL 5-5-5-12 Gold XTC DUAL
    Abit KN9 SLI MCP55P SKT AM2 nForce 570 SLI ATX
    2 x Maxtor 6G160E0 160GB 7200 RPM SATAII/300 8MB Cache
    2 x Point Of View 7600GT 256mb DDR3 PCI-E
    AMD AM2 DUAL-CORE 4200

    the Abit KN9 SLI MCP55P SKT AM2 nForce 570 SLI has been a nightmare since i bought it and was determand to solve the problem but faild. So i was going to risk abit again and going for the Abit FATALITY AN9 32X Socket AM2 SLI i see that pple have had issues with the earlyer moddles and wondered if the new versions of the board where alot better and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction to a better board PLEASE help me!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire Uk
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD

    a suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by splatymatty View Post
    Hi everyone

    i need alittle help!!!

    at the moment am running

    OCZ (OCZ2G8002GK) 2GB (2x1024MB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 CL 5-5-5-12 Gold XTC DUAL
    Abit KN9 SLI MCP55P SKT AM2 nForce 570 SLI ATX
    2 x Maxtor 6G160E0 160GB 7200 RPM SATAII/300 8MB Cache
    2 x Point Of View 7600GT 256mb DDR3 PCI-E
    AMD AM2 DUAL-CORE 4200

    the Abit KN9 SLI MCP55P SKT AM2 nForce 570 SLI has been a nightmare since i bought it and was determand to solve the problem but faild. So i was going to risk abit again and going for the Abit FATALITY AN9 32X Socket AM2 SLI i see that pple have had issues with the earlyer moddles and wondered if the new versions of the board where alot better and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction to a better board PLEASE help me!!!
    Depends mate:

    As you aware im a intel user rather than an AMD man, however depends on what you want the motherboard to do. IFyou want just a very very solid games m otherboard then the nvidia 570 abit version, will be great for you. However to be honest if you want to OVERCLOCK forget the fatality, go with another abit board. The fatality version on ANY board is designed for GAMERS only NOT for overclockers, infact any serious overclockers sneers at teh fatality brand, and the wendel character himself. Remember Wendel is a GAMER not an overclocker so he knows games, but as far as hardware...need i say more.

    To sum up

    FATALITY only if your a gamer

    HINT: by the sounds of your spec your have ALL the need (apart from your cpu) to convert to intel and do SERIOUS overclocking (if indeed thats is what you wish to do) You could go the following route

    SELL your AM2 chip and Board and use the money to buy a Conroe and another abit motherboard. It makes sense as the intel cpu clocks faster uses less power and is therefore cooler i.e better overclocks on your abit board

    If you go intel I would suggest a IN9-32 MAX board they come out very soon and I will have the reuslts for you on the same day of release into the UK. Or you could purchase the AW9D-MAX BOTH boards are superb overclockers and are rock solid stable. Please note since the I932-max uses the NVIDIA 680i CHIPSET you cna OVERCLOCK the CPU separete from your RAM, this means you dont reallyneed fast memory to overclock.

    However if you only wish to game then please stick with the AMD board and chip.

    Having said the last line ifd you think about it if you can overclock to high speeds= higher temps it would stand to reason that the board will be MORE stable at stock speeds also.

    Sorry it is not quite the answer you are looking for,

    Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    WOW so quick in replying thnx. yea at heart am a gamer and dont like to tweek around any more with setting. The last time i overclocked i had a very bad experiance so left that. But my main issue is this board stabble as the 1 am running at the moment is PANTS and dont want to go down that road again wondering if i should risk abit again or take another make all together (sorry abit)????.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    Depends mate:
    The fatality version on ANY board is designed for GAMERS only NOT for overclockers, infact any serious overclockers sneers at teh fatality brand, and the wendel character himself. Remember Wendel is a GAMER not an overclocker so he knows games, but as far as hardware...need i say more.
    h
    Wow..
    You really know about how the general overclocking community feels.
    I was about to rant about how much of a rip off they are, because they're no different, just branded Fatal1ty. I suppose they are good for gaming though.

    Good to see a 'Abit OC Expert' being in touch with the community. A lot of people who are in a paticular industry forget to keep in touch with the end user.
    Last edited by torched_geek; 10-01-2007 at 02:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire Uk
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD

    confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by torched_geek View Post
    Wow..
    You really know about how the general overclocking community feels.
    I was about to rant about how much of a rip off they are, because they're no different, just branded Fatal1ty. I suppose they are good for gaming though.

    Good to see a 'Abit OC Expert' being in touch with the community. A lot of people who are in a paticular industry forget to keep in touch with the end user.
    Hello torched.



    Neverless, you seem to think I am an employee of abit, I am actually an independant user i happen to be a extreme overclocker and I swear by abit motherboards, plus I win an o/c competition every now and then, hence the logo. I just happen to prefer abit motherboards (due to bad experiences with DFI and ASUS) and I stand by the company. I am not in anyway an employee of abit. I have been a fan of abit since the IC7-MAX3 (one of their best boards)

    IF you have any questions on a technical nature I will be happy to help.

    Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    could anyone point me in the direction or post a link off what memory the Abit FATALITY AN9 32X Socket AM2 SLI i tested with just want to know if the bits i have at the moment will support this board and put in my positon is this board worth getting for a hardcore gamer ?

  7. #7
    Late Night Ninja! CrazyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,510
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    44 times in 43 posts
    • CrazyMonkey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4N98TD Evo
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4.1ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 Dominator @ 1700mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Vertex 2E - 1TB Hitatchi
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 460 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02R-WRI Ltd.Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7, XP, Server2008 RC1, Gentoo
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer LED - 22" Belinea - 19" Samsung - 19" IIyama
      • Internet:
      • 50 MB Virgin Media Cable
    Im in exacly the same boat as you matty, except i went the Intel route.
    I purchased a AB9-Pro and from then on my pc life has been hell

    Thankfully SCAN are being SCAN and they are collecting my board. Im not sure to get a Abit AW9D-Max or a Asus.

    @ your post, Custom Pc gave the Fatality an excellent write up CustomPC used 2gb's of Corsair XMS2-8500 and from what i have read had no problems.
    I quote from the mag-
    " With its flashing light and distinctive colour scheme the fatality ensures your pc will seem fast and it offers the performance to back this up."

    But they also say " Whiny fans and dodgy PCI slot placement work against it."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire Uk
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD

    abit board

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    Im in exacly the same boat as you matty, except i went the Intel route.
    I purchased a AB9-Pro and from then on my pc life has been hell

    Thankfully SCAN are being SCAN and they are collecting my board. Im not sure to get a Abit AW9D-Max or a Asus.

    @ your post, Custom Pc gave the Fatality an excellent write up CustomPC used 2gb's of Corsair XMS2-8500 and from what i have read had no problems.
    I quote from the mag-
    " With its flashing light and distinctive colour scheme the fatality ensures your pc will seem fast and it offers the performance to back this up."

    But they also say " Whiny fans and dodgy PCI slot placement work against it."
    Can you wait around two weeks mate, as the I932-MAX WILL be out, with two pci-slots and is prmoisses to be a very very good motherboard.

    If i were you i would wait for that buddy

    Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

  9. #9
    Late Night Ninja! CrazyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,510
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    44 times in 43 posts
    • CrazyMonkey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4N98TD Evo
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4.1ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 Dominator @ 1700mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Vertex 2E - 1TB Hitatchi
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 460 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02R-WRI Ltd.Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7, XP, Server2008 RC1, Gentoo
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer LED - 22" Belinea - 19" Samsung - 19" IIyama
      • Internet:
      • 50 MB Virgin Media Cable
    Umm what kind of motherboard is it? 975x? or what. Im also not too keen about buying newly launched products as ive had bad experiences with it in the past, also Abit haveny exacly impressed me with my current (now on its way to scan) board.

    Any links to pics/info would be ace, ill also drop you a PM with this incase you dont read it

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    yea got any spec on the motherboard u are on about would be nice to have a peak at it and the spec might be worth the wait maybe??

  11. #11
    ABIT UK ABIT Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    17 times in 15 posts
    Not long to wait the board will be available from Monday or maybe at the weekend.

    http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/mothe...775&DEFTITLE=Y

    The motherboard is SLI compatible, Quad core support, Vista support, WIFI enabled and much more.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire Uk
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD
    Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean View Post
    Not long to wait the board will be available from Monday or maybe at the weekend.

    http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/mothe...775&DEFTITLE=Y

    The motherboard is SLI compatible, Quad core support, Vista support, WIFI enabled and much more.
    I will have this motherboard today Sean.

    I will have and post THE TEST results on Monday

    Please could everyone hold off looking at other boards until then.
    So then you can decide for yourself. Beleive me I will be pushing this board as far as my equipment allows.

    Cheers all

    Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire Uk
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    8 times in 8 posts
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    Im in exacly the same boat as you matty, except i went the Intel route.
    I purchased a AB9-Pro and from then on my pc life has been hell

    Thankfully SCAN are being SCAN and they are collecting my board. Im not sure to get a Abit AW9D-Max or a Asus.

    @ your post, Custom Pc gave the Fatality an excellent write up CustomPC used 2gb's of Corsair XMS2-8500 and from what i have read had no problems.
    I quote from the mag-
    " With its flashing light and distinctive colour scheme the fatality ensures your pc will seem fast and it offers the performance to back this up."

    But they also say " Whiny fans and dodgy PCI slot placement work against it."

    There is a new uopdated version of that board called the IB9 pro which promises to correct any failings you may have had. Abit will be posting me this board soon, and I will have real-world stress tests and overclocking results soon.

    Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    ok dude will hold off till u have had a bash on it just seen the price tag on it (OUCH) look forward to ur post on it

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    plus forgot to say this new board is only for intell? is it

  16. #16
    Late Night Ninja! CrazyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,510
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    44 times in 43 posts
    • CrazyMonkey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4N98TD Evo
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4.1ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 Dominator @ 1700mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Vertex 2E - 1TB Hitatchi
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 460 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02R-WRI Ltd.Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7, XP, Server2008 RC1, Gentoo
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer LED - 22" Belinea - 19" Samsung - 19" IIyama
      • Internet:
      • 50 MB Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by splatymatty View Post
    ok dude will hold off till u have had a bash on it just seen the price tag on it (OUCH) look forward to ur post on it
    Whats the price? i need to know now or its the AW9D-MAX- If you cant post here for some silly reason drop me a PM and i will be very gratefull!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Fatality AN9 32x, No Bios, 9.0. Error Code
    By optical10 in forum abit.care@HEXUS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-04-2008, 02:04 PM
  2. 1Gb XFX 7950GX2 + 750W Xclio Modular SLi PSU Combo £316 inc!!!
    By silentphoenix in forum Retail Therapy and Bargains
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 19-08-2006, 02:41 AM
  3. Fatality AN9 32X and micron IC's
    By scotland21 in forum abit.care@HEXUS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-07-2006, 10:30 AM
  4. Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
    By sparkypaul2005 in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 09:37 PM
  5. Teeny Weeny mp3 Player
    By 0iD in forum Consumer Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •