Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fatality AN9 32x, No Bios, 9.0. Error Code

Thanks

New Fatality AN9 32x, No Bios, 9.0. Error Code

It's OFFICIAL !!

I'm the unluckiest son-of-a-b.... to have dipped his toe into the waters of early adopters release kit. If you see me coming run the other way as lightening will be hitting twice!

Is it me or is kit getting fussier as the last two builds have been nothing but trouble & I've only been doing it for 15 years plus. After 7 months of hell with the Fatality AN8 you think I would have learn’t. I’m hoping that that I get a solution sooner on this one, or I won’t be responsible.

What chance do I have if I can't assess the bios to respond to the error post code 9.0. relating to POWER ON SEQUENCE = {Complete uGuru initial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job} & error code 9.9. relating to POWER OFF SEQUENCE = Complete power off sequence.

Having being unable to enter the bios with two ps2 & one USB keyboard I followed the advice in the manual & removed all kit accept RAM, CPU & test GPU [8mb Matrox]. Still no joy after several CMOS clears & battery removal.

Here's a List of kit I bought TODAY [ I'm that close to going to DFI & leaving Abit kit if any one cares - at Abit].

Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo
    BFG nVidia 7950 GX2 1gb GPU
    OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800mhz GOLD edition EL dual channel 1GB ram
    Western Digital 74gb Raptor HD
    Western Digital 120gb HD
    etc........as signature

Please be aware that I haven't connected the majority of the listed kit as I previously stated.

Any suggestions as to how I can progress these error codes appreciated before I tear a strip of Abit on Monday.

Cheers and have a better weekend than me!

Optical10

Thanks
    it's probably that OCZ RAM

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by optical10
    It's OFFICIAL !!

I'm the unluckiest son-of-a-b.... to have dipped his toe into the waters of early adopters release kit. If you see me coming run the other way as lightening will be hitting twice!

Is it me or is kit getting fussier as the last two builds have been nothing but trouble & I've only been doing it for 15 years plus. After 7 months of hell with the Fatality AN8 you think I would have learn’t. I’m hoping that that I get a solution sooner on this one, or I won’t be responsible.

What chance do I have if I can't assess the bios to respond to the error post code 9.0. relating to POWER ON SEQUENCE = {Complete uGuru initial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job} & error code 9.9. relating to POWER OFF SEQUENCE = Complete power off sequence.

Having being unable to enter the bios with two ps2 & one USB keyboard I followed the advice in the manual & removed all kit accept RAM, CPU & test GPU [8mb Matrox]. Still no joy after several CMOS clears & battery removal.

Here's a List of kit I bought TODAY [ I'm that close to going to DFI & leaving Abit kit if any one cares - at Abit].

Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo
    BFG nVidia 7950 GX2 1gb GPU
    OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800mhz GOLD edition EL dual channel 1GB ram
    Western Digital 74gb Raptor HD
    Western Digital 120gb HD
    etc........as signature

Please be aware that I haven't connected the majority of the listed kit as I previously stated.

Any suggestions as to how I can progress these error codes appreciated before I tear a strip of Abit on Monday.

Cheers and have a better weekend than me!

Optical10
    Why don't you just RMA it instead of flaming Abit for their motherboards, just RMA it and you'll get it replaced. If of course there is anything wrong with the motherboard, there might be some other hardware problems of course.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    Hi ExceededGoku

As I just bought this Mobo, ram etc TODAY I think RMA is a bit much don’t you. At these prices and aimed at the enthusiast crown don’t defend a multi-million £ Manu, they can defend themselves with quality control, testing etc.
    Don’t get me wrong I would be less critical if I hadn't just RMA'd [after 7 months of hell] my last Abit Fatality AN8 SLi mobo & as BUFF points out its probable the OCZ ram, but if its the case WHY don't ABIT do more testing and list the incompatible / compatible HW [alah Microsoft certified], much more credible for customers.
    Having run my own retail franchise I'm more than aware that as I firm gets bigger the more detached it gets from its punters [unless they spend on customer feedback programs - like Dell & Microsoft}. So as I haven't been afforded that option by Abit yet [feedback} and this is the official Abit support forum I think am allowed to flame a little for me and the other early adopters of this board. Plus it keeps Abit on their toes.
    As I said above SAME DAY RMA's don't cut it with me.

Obviously I'll report if BUFF suggestion works, but who has spare DDR2 ram floating around. I'll return to the shop [Sunday, when after 4 hours build last night I should be enjoying the Wimbledon final], replace the ram and hope it works. Quiet a round trip if it's not the ram.

Thankz for listening

Optical10

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by optical10
    but if its the case WHY don't ABIT do more testing and list the incompatible / compatible HW [alah Microsoft certified], much more credible for customers.
    Abit do usually have a compatability list but there is just too much kit & not enough time for it all to be tested, especially in the case of something like RAM that has frequent revisions.
    There's a known problem with that RAM with a lot of boards that's requiring new BIOS from manufacturers.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks
    You do not require spare RAM to test the motherboard.
    All that is required is for you to remove all other components excluded the CPU.

Power on the board and see what code is generated. If you see any other code than 9.0. you know its the RAM. If it still stops at 9.0. it only leaves three pieces of harware.
    -PSU
    -Motherboard
    -CPU

I noticed you haven't listed the CPU, can you let me know the spec?

Thanks

Unhappy New Day, New Mobo

Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean
    You do not require spare RAM to test the motherboard.
    All that is required is for you to remove all other components excluded the CPU.

Power on the board and see what code is generated. If you see any other code than 9.0. you know its the RAM. If it still stops at 9.0. it only leaves three pieces of harware.
    -PSU
    -Motherboard
    -CPU

I noticed you haven't listed the CPU, can you let me know the spec?
    Hi Sean & fellow members

Here todays events. Got up early to beat the queue at my local PC store Aria Technology PC in Manchester [good 2 hours round trip, I live in the sticks]. Obviously returned all the New kit I bought on Saturday back for testing, here is the list:-

1. Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo [NEW].
    2. AMD Athlon 64 4600 Dual Core 2.4GHz 512kb L2 cache AM2 940 pin [NEW].
    3. OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz GOLD edition EL dual channel 1GB Ram [NEW].

They tested THEM for about half an hour and concluded it was a faulty mobo. I left the shop with replacement Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo and the original NEW ram and CPU from Saturday that they tested in shop. Got home to reassembly CPU, MOBO & RAM into my 7 month old but hardly used [due to all my problems with the old AN8 Fatality] into my:-

4. NZXT Lexa Chassis
    5. Akasa AK-P650FF BK 650 watt PSU
    6. BFG GeForce 7950 GTX2 GPU.

By the way I did ask the techie at Aria if my PSU was OK and he said as he had tested with a 450 watt in the workshop I should have enough power.
    Any way it was academic as low and behold the same post code error reoccurred with this new replacement mobo. So I'm confused, it now seems that the test in the workshop at Aria couldn't have been carried out on a fresh mobo and the existing ram and CPU or they just replicated my error code 9.0. In the shop and concluded that a new mobo should cure the problem without proper investigation [I guess that’s what you get with an hours wait for service and only 20 - 30mins testing time].

I obviously decided to return the whole package back to the shop this afternoon [another 2hour round trip] and ask for a refund, which I'm glad to say they agreed too. I then took the opportunity to go to a older more established PC shop in Manchester [as I was so near] to inquire of their experiences with this new mobo. They in Know uncertain terms told me to keep my cash until:-

A. The mobo had more reviews with common-a-garden DDR2 ram [i.e. 6400 not 8500 as in the only review I can Google at http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/...conclusion.htm "Geil/Corsair DDR2 / Abit Fatality AN9 review Mobo"]
    B. Get some Abit technical confirmation on Ram, CPU and PSU tested in their labs or via compatibility list like AMD do.
    C. Start a POLL on forums to gain a consensus.

Seems I'm going to have to wait until this mobo is mainstream until I buy as I can't afford to run around [hell it's been 7 months since I've had a fully functioning power rig [my faithful NF7-S, my laptop will have to do].

Unless.......Abit UK.......Sean & Micky {@ Abit UK] get together and make Christmas early to an eager punter. LOL, I'll beg if you what me to, pretty please test a Abit Fatality AN9 32x SLi mobo,
    AMD Athlon 64 4600 Dual Core & Compatible DDR2 PC2-6400 800mhz dual channel 1GB ram [or what ever works within reason] & I’ll pay for your time & trouble, get it couriered from Abit UK when your done.

I can't think of another way to restore my faith in cutting edge Abit mobo's. It seems I'm to early on this one.

Awaiting your suggestions & thanks for listening [it's better out than in]

Emmanuel [Optical10]
    Last edited by optical10; 11-07-2006 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks
    ooh I wonder if this means an AN9 will turn up in Arias bargain basement ...?

it's your OCZ RAM mate, get some Crucial ...

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks
    I do not believe the problem you had was memory related. A code 9.0. is normally related to a CPU or bios issue. I will investigate the problem further and post my findings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF
    ooh I wonder if this means an AN9 will turn up in Arias bargain basement ...?

it's your OCZ RAM mate, get some Crucial ...
    Hi BUFF

Bet your bottem dollar it will as they didn't even check all the bits were in the returns box, I remember on my 2nd return trip to include the bits, which they where clueless too so check the bins carefully [LOL].

Yeap i guess you may be right as I did get a C.1. if I remeber when on the 2nd mobo I did a reset like the manual said rather than a cold restart after the 1st 9.0. error if you follw me, [see also this only review for this mobo and ram test online I can find http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/...conclusion.htm] but theirs no way i'm going down the 8500 ram route, 6400 enough for my palette, price wise! I'm hoping Sean can eliminate the bios [which I put in 2nd place to the ram] as suspect, with the CPU coming in last after falling at breaches brook...[see I haven't lost my sense of humour Abit].

thankz optical10

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABIT Sean
    I do not believe the problem you had was memory related. A code 9.0. is normally related to a CPU or bios issue. I will investigate the problem further and post my findings.
    Thanks Sean

Appreciate your efforts now your on the case. I replied to BUFF post ahead of yours to concure that the OCZ ram needs to been eliminated as I briefly remember [sorry I didn't mention before, it was in the heat of the battle] a C.1. error code [as I don't have the maunual now I'm not sure if this was the right code - but anway the code I got was memery related error]on the 2nd replacement mobo after doing a reset rather than a hard reboot, as the manual recommends with just the CPU, RAM installed.

Hope this helps your investigations.

Optical10

Thanks

Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X mobo bios OCZ 6400 Gold Issue

For those still following & future punters here is a summery of the NON-BOOTING error post 9.0. on the Fatality AN9 issue. Today I received an email from Sean Senior Technical Support Representative @ OCZ Ram Technology saying.....

"This motherboard is currently marked as “incompatible”. Please read the thread below for more information. Unfortunately there is very little we can do, as this has been determined to be an issue with the BIOS on the Abit motherboard."

The thread he mentioned is here: http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22133

I replied this way thinking it was the same Sean @ Abit in my post..... [COINSIDENCE]
    "Sean

Great, at least were making progress. Yesterday I moved my attention to Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC6400-C4 (800), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP.

1. Have you any test on this ram compatibility with the latest Fatal1ty AN9 32X AM2 NF 590 SLi bios?

2. Have Abit TW [HEAD OFFICE] sent OCZ a reference mobo yet as per the forum tread you sent me?

3. Why IS MICRON PASSED ram MENTIONED IN THE FORUM LINK YOU SENT ME IMPORTANT TO GAIN COMPATABILITY WITH BIOS'S?

4. Is there an up to date list of compatible ram etc for this mobo, it seems this will stop all this extra work for us?"

I'm sure I won't be able to quote the Corsair Ram query reply from him here due to expletives, [how unfortunate]LOL .thankfully included Micky @ Abit UK as I don't have Sean @ Abit email, yet. Sean can you coordinate your answer about the Corsair Ram with Micky mickey@abitcomputer.co.uk please.

I'll post the jist of the concluding [hopefully] part of this thread as BUFF seems your advice was good about the ram, but as Sean @ OCZ mentions I need to be sure the BIOS on the Fatality AN9 likes CORSAIR or GeiL pc6400 DDR2 also before I commit.

ps BUFF - Seems you can't fault Scottish advice with ram & the application of the world famous GLASGOW KISS as demoed by the great Zidane in front of a reputed 6 billion World Cup TV viewers - just a pity he didn't listen to the instruction on were on the body to plant said kiss, LOL

Cheerz Optical10

Thanks
    The OCZ forum office is located in the USA so ABIT USA would be sending them a board. At the moment I am trying to get some OCZ memory so that I can run some of my own tests.

Hopefully a bios update can be written in order to overcome the memory issues. I am still awaiting the full test reports for the FAN9 SLI but I have tested this board with CORSAIR XMS2-5400 (675). At the moment I do not know if the board will support the XMS2-6400 but i will let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks

AM2 CPU on F-AN9 only allows 667mhz not 800mhz Ram speed?

Hi Sean.....according to Corsair tech, I quote from the corsair forum post http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...&highlight=an9

"in a nut shell the CPU will not run the memory at 800 MHz, only 667Mhz is supported. You have to be running a FX CPU to run at 800 Mhz."

Is this true, surely not as I've allows mentioned that a Athlon 64 4600 Dual Core 2.4GHz 512kb L2 cache AM2 940 pin was going to be used on this mobo & how can this mobo support EPP - Enhanced Performance Profiles enabled Ram which I believe is 800mhz only?

Tell me this Corsair techie is confused [more like has lost the plot].

Thankz Optical10

Thanks
    At the moment the moment there isn't enough information to find out what the problem is. I will keep you up to date with all my findings

Registered+
    Thanks

Fatal1ty AN9 32X SLI and OCZ2P8002GK

I have same issues with mobo and mem in the title.
    I have got into the bios by just inserting 1 stick of memory into slot 4, furthest black slot from cpu.
    It is then a case of restarting until monitor is powered up then getting into bios and dropping memory to 533hz speed.
    You should then be able to use the 2 sticks of mem.

IT IS A PAIN TO GET INTO THE BIOS and requires a lot of patience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information