Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P182 Front Panel Audio Problems

Thanks

Re: P182 Front Panel Audio Problems

Quote Originally Posted by hwfolk View Post
    Well I don't actually know what the ground cable is. I just removed the front panel ports to the mobo (usb, esata and audio) and plug my headphones to the back of the case, and I don't get the noise. I have the case front panel completely unusuable, but it's all I know to do.

PS: If anyone knows a good ATX case brand that doesn't have these problems, plz tell me. I though Antec was a good manufacturer that take care of these details but I was wrong. And these noise problems (for what I know) seems to be present in all the Antec cases, for not to mention the static problems everyone is complaining about.
    The front panel connections shouldn't affect the rear audio port in any way, so you can try to plug everything back. The ground cable is a cable that goes from the front panel module and it's connected to metal in the case with a screw (not all case models have it). I had to disconnect the usb, esata and ground cable to get the front panel audio static-free. My rear audio port is always free of static, even when I have all cables connected and get static from the front audio port.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Groenis View Post
    The front panel connections shouldn't affect the rear audio port in any way, so you can try to plug everything back. The ground cable is a cable that goes from the front panel module and it's connected to metal in the case with a screw (not all case models have it). I had to disconnect the usb, esata and ground cable to get the front panel audio static-free. My rear audio port is always free of static, even when I have all cables connected and get static from the front audio port.
    In my case, if I don't disconnect audio, usb and esata (if any of them are connected) from the front panel, my rear audio port have some kind of sound clicking every few seconds (I don't know if it's the same static noise you mean) when I'm listening music, for example. I don't know why.

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hwfolk View Post
    In my case, if I don't disconnect audio, usb and esata (if any of them are connected) from the front panel, my rear audio port have some kind of sound clicking every few seconds (I don't know if it's the same static noise you mean) when I'm listening music, for example. I don't know why.
    Hi Hwfolk,

I'm not sure if this is a case problem, especially if you are experiencing the noise from the rear audio port. I would recommend contacting our customer support regarding this issue, they probably have a better knowledge of this problem. They will either send you a replacement or have some kind of solution.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/inde...support_online

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdrnhl View Post
    Does just removing the ground wire fix it? I may give that a shot tonight.
    Tested a few minutes ago...removing only the ground wire does not alleviate the problem.
    I'd rather run an extension to the back jacks than unplug the front USB & Firewire ports

Antec support
    Thanks

I first recommend talking to our customer support team and they will help you with this problem. If your case requires replacement or some sort of waiting time. A temporary solution would be what mdrnhl said earlier, run an extension to the back jacks until you receive a solution or a replacement part from our customer support team.

Thanks

Another one with a front audio static problem, this time on an Antec 300. I want to use all of the front ports, so no disconnecting the USBs for me. Have had a good fiddle rerouting cables and stuff, all to no avail. Any news on a redesigned front panel?

Antec support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brammers View Post
    Another one with a front audio static problem, this time on an Antec 300. I want to use all of the front ports, so no disconnecting the USBs for me. Have had a good fiddle rerouting cables and stuff, all to no avail. Any news on a redesigned front panel?
    Hi Brammers,

I would recommend talking to our customer support team and see what kind of solution they will give you. They might have you do a couple of things to fix this problem or they'll just simply send you a replacement of the front panel.

Here is the link to contact our customer support team.
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/inde...support_online

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

Have done. I'll wait to hear back from them, but by the sounds of it the replacement front panels being shipped out are identical to those being replaced. Do you have any news as to this re-designed panel that was mentioned on pages 2 & 3?

Antec support
    Thanks

Have done. I'll wait to hear back from them, but by the sounds of it the replacement front panels being shipped out are identical to those being replaced. Do you have any news as to this re-designed panel that was mentioned on pages 2 & 3?
    Hi Brammers,

As far as I know, I'm not aware of any re-designed panel to the case.

I would suggest what my colleague said earlier on page 1.

"Check to see if you're using the HDA (High Definition Audio) or the AC97 (analog)?

You can only use one or the other, based on MB requirement.

If you're using the HDA, make sure the CMOS setup is enabled. If your USB ports or module is defective, then it would give the static feedback."

In addition to that, customer support gave me a link which has all the information you need to try fixing this problem. I posted this earlier and here it is again. http://www.pcmus.com/power-grounding.htm

Please keep us inform regarding your replacement.

Regards,
    Antec
    Last edited by Antec-tech; 05-04-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks

I'm using HDA, which is correctly set in the BIOS and nothing jumps at me from your link. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the fault of the panel as the rear inputs work perfectly fine. Maybe I'll just turn the PC round Anyway, waiting for a reply from tech support.
    Please view my website at jaggerbramley.com

Antec support
    Thanks

I'm using HDA, which is correctly set in the BIOS and nothing jumps at me from your link. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the fault of the panel as the rear inputs work perfectly fine. Maybe I'll just turn the PC round Anyway, waiting for a reply from tech support.
    Hi Brammers,

I would suggest requesting for a replacement because it sounds like to me you might have a defective front panel. Hopefully the front panel replacement should fix the audio problem.

Regards,
    Antec

Thanks

New panel on its way - hope this sorts it out
    Last edited by brammers; 23-04-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Please view my website at jaggerbramley.com

Thanks

I'm having this exact issue with an Antec VSK-2000 I just received yesterday, 04/23/10; front headphone jack infected with computer processing noise, but clean audio from the motherboard jacks on the back.
    This is the first case I've ever had with both USB and audio on the front, so I'd love to keep everything plugged in but get rid of that noise.
    Submitted a ticket of the issue at least.
    Has anyone who has received a replacement port setup actually had it correct the issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kallyn View Post
    Has anyone who has received a replacement port setup actually had it correct the issue?
    Not I (original, and 2 replacements).

Thanks

I just received replacement #1, got excited at first because there is "V2" printed in the plastic, thinking maybe it was an updated version of the block as my original doesn't have that.
    Wrong block altogether. Looks an awful lot like mine, port all laid out in the same order, but when I mount it up and put the face of the case back on the ports and jacks don't reach the holes in the front of the case.
    Just for the sake of trying I booted up the computer without the front of the case on, plugged into the front headphone jack, and just as noisy as it was....

Thanks

I had the same problem with my Antec Sonata III. Has noise in the front audio jack whenever the gpu worked. No noise at all at the jack in the back.

I found this on another forum and it worked:

----
    The problem is caused by the front USB and AUDIO headers sharing a ground connection, hence i set to work decoupling them.

the following applies to an Antec 300 (and probably all other antecs and many other cases):

1. take front panel off (plastic bit, clipped on with plastic hooky clips)

2. locate plastic block containing connectors, unscrew, and prize lid off with a small electronics screwdriver or similar (I started with a plectrum)

3. under the headphone socket there was a black earth wire which looped under the mic jack and was soldered onto the back of the USB port on the left, I snipped it as close as possible to the USB end, leaving me around 1½" slack wire to play with

4. cut/filed a groove in the edge of the plastic box to allow the cable to pass outside

5. as i screwed the box back in I caught the wire between the plastic block and front panel, such that the splayed ends of the wire touched against the bare metal of the case chassis.

thats it!! careless wire stripping left me with only 4 strands of wire exposed, which doesn't provide an ideal contact, but it has still eliminated ALMOST all of the noise (I'd say it's around a 75% reduction).
    ----

My ground wire was white rather than black. And I just cut it and didn't bother to ground it to the case at all (Don't know if this is a problem? My electric outlets arn't grounded anyway). So now I have zero noise in the front jack.

Thread Information