Thread: Full Service History

Thanks

Full Service History

Is this really important?
    I've had a bad few days with the Cally, I CBA to type it all out again so I'll just copy and past my post from over on migweb...

I've got a Cav GSi sat on the front buy its -30mm

Dont matter anyways I've sourced one, £50+VAT, much better than the £206 Archie "Robbin Retard Bast0rds" Moss...

Oh well screw them anyways, when I got the car back I noticed it'd had 5 miles put on it and that someone had been in the passenger seat, whoever drove it properly adjusted the seat and changed the frikkin presets on my stereo, ok so I expect them to move the seat, I maybe even expect 2 of them to go out on a test drive, wouldnt of been a problem if when sat in the car adjusting my seat one of there spotty oik mechanics was razzing a Zafira round the back carpark blairing the horn and another one wheelspinning an Astra estate, I dread to think what they did to my bloody Calibra...

And some people think a Full Vauxhall Service history is important, erm no thanks, not from Archie Moss, it'd be better off with a Full Lada Service history...
    From now on my Cally either gets done by me or at a m8's backstreet garage, mind you, you would of thought I'd learnt with them by now, had a Mk2 Cav LX, they fitted front pads and disks, 1500miles later I need new pads front driverside cos the caliper had seized, damned thing was fine for the 8k+ I had been driving it and strangely enuf for several 1000 miles later after i had the time to do the pads and rebuild the caliper myself. Or maybe after they did the cambelt on the Cav 9k later it snapped, ok so this was probably due to the alternator belt snapping and whipping its way thru the cambelt cover, which was loose, could of happened on its own, could of been them 9k's a lot either way. Then on the Cally, they MOT it, the next day the handbrake starts to bind, a few days later theres a clunk from the backend and suddenly I have a snapped spring, now I havent looked under the back of the Cally in the spring area yet but I wonder what the chances of them lifting the car up and then putting it down too quickly and the spring not quite sitting rite, few days later I have broken suspension and they want £206 to fix it...

Somehow I'm thinking there not going to be seeing me or my car again....
    The whole threads over here if u feel like ur missin on something else..
    http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=137697

Lucky u dont work for the service department Zak, I'd hate to have to give u any grief for ur pricing

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    hmmm.....some dealers really do take the pee....the labour rate is up to them, not Vauxhall.

My service dept is probably the finest bit of our dealership.....but our mechanics are also some of the longest serving members of our company.

I'm lucky I guess....we still sod things up sometimes, but on the whole, we're pretty good.

I would say however, that as a car gets older, we find more stuff wrong than you would really need to get done. Its a care of duty legal thing. So Disks that we suggest need changing would not be suggested by a privateer....its cos we can get chased legally for not suggesting it.

As Moby-Dick will tell ya...and as you well know...if you find a GOOD independant, stick to them like glue.

But, on the whole, for the first 4 or 5 years, a a Vaux dealer is still the way to go....if you use a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yup, a good mechanic, whether he's independant or a dealer's mechanic, is a good mechanic.

The killer for me is the whole bonus system mechanics are on. If a service is supposed to take 2 hours, and the mechanic does it in 1, he's paid for 2 hours. So often you find the little things (like checking the pressure of the spare tyre) are missed out.

Thanks
    I'm well annoyed now, I noticed on the passengerside where they've been under the arch on the outside arch its covered in grease/oil ok, I rub it off and find some nice new scratches
    So not only do they f00k up my radio presets, most likely rag my car for 5 miles, they scratch it as well, too say I am unamused would be an understatement!!!

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    in order:

The mechanics are paid MORE than the time allowed IF they do it faster....most get a bonus on time SAVED..so if a job is a 2 hour, and they take 1 hour, they get paid MORE than 2 hours cos they move onto another job and the garage makes more money on another job.

SO I agree, that it MIGHT make a mechanic do a job too fast.....its human nature. Wrong, but it happens

Stereo.....NO MECHANIC should fiddle with presets....only KIDS do that. Young mechanics....idiots. The dealer needs slapping for that.

Ragging round in your car: Bet your arse they do. ALL in the name of a comprehansive road test. BUT ask a mechanic to listen to a rattle at 85 mph....! "sorry mate...cant break the speed limit..not worth my job is it?"

Then you see them giving it 45 in a 30limit 20 minutes later.

Life....hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig
    I'm well annoyed now, I noticed on the passengerside where they've been under the arch on the outside arch its covered in grease/oil ok, I rub it off and find some nice new scratches
    So not only do they f00k up my radio presets, most likely rag my car for 5 miles, they scratch it as well, too say I am unamused would be an understatement!!!
    Snotty letter to the MD, CC'd to Vauxhalls Customer services and head chappy.

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable
    forget a full service history by the manufacture of the car, full service at renault = £429 round my way full service by mates vat registered garage down the road from me = £190 so as far as i am concerned renault service can take a run and jump

Thread Information