• Operating System:
      • Windows 11 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator Z35P + ASUS ROG PG279Q
      • Internet:
      • Giganet (City Fibre) 900/900

Re: New Suzuki Jimny :-)

Really good watching that video! Cheers VW

I'm currently torn in two, my girlfriend and I are in the market for a new motor and, while this is an odd choice, we're looking at either a Golf GTI, Hyundai i30N or the Suzuki Jimny. Struggling to get a test drive of an i30N though, nowhere is offering test drives of their "performance car". It's hardly a Ferrari.

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL + GL2450HT
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    great find
    I've been a subscriber for yonks. They make good videos to have on in the background while you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    Really good watching that video! Cheers VW

I'm currently torn in two, my girlfriend and I are in the market for a new motor and, while this is an odd choice, we're looking at either a Golf GTI, Hyundai i30N or the Suzuki Jimny. Struggling to get a test drive of an i30N though, nowhere is offering test drives of their "performance car". It's hardly a Ferrari.

Apologies for the off topic...

The Golf and Hyundai are fairly well matched but the Jimny is a bit of a cruveball - with a huge waiting list! As someone who went through a similar bind last year testing everything from a Fiesta ST to a V90 R Design, the little time I spent in the Golf GTI was all a bit meh. It's a decent car but the fact you have to add so many options to get close to the spec of other manufacturers is galling. Have you considered an Octavia vRS? Golf size/performance with a bigger boot and more standard kit.

Does your employer offer company cars, you might be able to get a long term test of the i30N that way if they do.
    |Kata: "Read title as 'fisting'. Not sure why I clicked. Relieved, really."|
    |TAKTAK: "It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it"|

Thanks
    • Hoonigan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570 ACE
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2x 2TB Gigabyte NVMe 4.0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3070Ti Gaming Pro
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Crystal Series 680X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator Z35P + ASUS ROG PG279Q
      • Internet:
      • Giganet (City Fibre) 900/900

Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Apologies for the off topic...

The Golf and Hyundai are fairly well matched but the Jimny is a bit of a cruveball - with a huge waiting list! As someone who went through a similar bind last year testing everything from a Fiesta ST to a V90 R Design, the little time I spent in the Golf GTI was all a bit meh. It's a decent car but the fact you have to add so many options to get close to the spec of other manufacturers is galling. Have you considered an Octavia vRS? Golf size/performance with a bigger boot and more standard kit.

Does your employer offer company cars, you might be able to get a long term test of the i30N that way if they do.
    We currently have a Golf GTD but it's being moved on soon. Mk 7.5 with the LCD dashboard, adaptive cruise control, lane guidance, reversing camera, parking sensors, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, all of the bits and pieces, but you're absolutely right that not a lot of it comes as standard. Even the free paint colour is a disgusting brown colour that I've never actually seen. But for driving feel, the GTI is an excellent car, we had one on test drive when we chose the GTD.
    But, there's no getting around the fact that an i30N is £4000-£6000 cheaper and 40bhp more powerful (and it does wonderful pops and bangs out the back), but I really need a proper test drive of one before I could commit to the cost.
    We've looked at other options but they don't quite tick the same boxes for me or my partner. We're a fan of hatches but the Jimny has an appeal like nothing else. The new Fiesta ST is very enticing also, mind you. Great engine and B-road performance.

Apologies for de-railing slightly, I just like talking about motors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information