Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen not Switching on, No Boot sounds either.

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Post Screen not Switching on, No Boot sounds either.

Just installed a HX520 into my case today and I can't seem to get it to turn on the screen, everything spinds, fans and stuff, I've plugged the PCI-E connector into my graphics card, 4 Pin connector to the motherboard, the 24 pin connector to the motherboard, and yet it still doesnt turn on. I removed all hard drives and cd drive power to see if it was limiting the amps the graphics card can get and it didn't work. Is there any way to fix this? I'm guessing the PSU is working because everything is spinning. All I notice is that the graphics card fan spins up to fast mode and stays at that speed, the psu fan is spinning fast too as I can feel alot of air coming out the back of it. Is it the PSU thats not sending the ok signal for the motherboard to post? The tagan that was in there worked and it was 530W so I know all my parts are working as I used them this morning before the psu arrived.

Help please!

Thanks
    Try clearing the CMOS and reset the bios.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    Also did that too. Still not working. The motherboard is making no sound, I had this problem before when I got a GeForce 6600GT OC from BFG, my current psu at the time had 15A on the 12V rail, the screen wouldnt turn on but I could hear beeps and booting noises, I got a psu with 17A on the 12V rail and it fixed the problem. But using this corsair one I can't hear anything. Not even the keyboard or usb mouse is lighting up. all fans spin at full speed though.
    Last edited by moogle; 15-03-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    That is very strange. When you changed the PSUs, did you remove any of the MOBO components from the MOBO or, remove the MOBO from the case?

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    nope, I just removed the 20 + 4 Pin connector, the 12V 4 Pin connector, all the component connections - hard drives, cd drives, pci-e connector (power connections nothing else). the other psu, has a combined power of 384W on the 12V rails and the hx520 has 480, it shouldn't have any problem powering on.
    Heres a pic of the old psu ratings http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rsidews1.jpg
    It worked when the rails were split and combined. I'm even trying with no peripherals connected and still nothing. Searching asus forums for a solution too.

Im gonna try and disconnect everything and reconnect them all to see if it helps.

Thanks
    I have the same MOBO and I have run both an HX520 and HX620 with it so, compatability should not be the issue. Just as a temporary test, how hard would it be to disconnet the Corsair unit from the MOBO and video card, and reconnect the other PSU just to the MOBO and video card to see if the system will post? You won't need to connect any drives or other items just to test this.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    sure i can do that, i've taken pics of the two psu connectors from each psu and it seems the corsair one has one missing pin, which according to atx standards is the NC pin #20, the tagan has that pin though, so is that the problem? it doesnt seem like its a needed pin.

Corsair:

Tagan:

Testing the tagan again now.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    and it booted with the tagan. still no boot with the corsair i tried connecting the eps 8 pin connector on my 4 pin one, and it still didnt boot. and just incase you think i busted it by doing that the tagan worked again after that.

Thanks
    It seems like you got a defective PSU. We'll gladly replace it for you or, you can return it to your retailer if that is more convenient. Please let me know if I can assist in any way.

Sorry you are having problems.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    ah damn, i'd much rather send it to corsair than the retailer as they would probably take much longer to see if it is actually defective rather than believing me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    ah damn, i'd much rather send it to corsair than the retailer as they would probably take much longer to see if it is actually defective rather than believing me.
    Very understandable but, I was also considering the cost and time of shipping to the USA. It is your choice of course and as I said, please let know if I can help out in any way.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    Holy crap! USA. I guess I'll send it back to retailer. I'm gonna go try and see if it works in another pc because if I send it back as faulty to the retailer and it works for them, they'll charge me £20 just for testing it.

Thanks
    Very good idea to test it on another PC, I forgot to add that.

NOT Banned
    Thanks
    tested and failed all, tested with this pc im using now and when i connected it all and put the power cable in the psu, i didn't even hit the mobo switch and something weird started happening, the led lights everywhere switched on and off about 1 time each second, and the psu fan was spinning each second too, like the power was coming through at 1hz, making everything spin abit then slow down then spin again. tried it on the upstairs pc, screen turned on once and then it went off and the hdd leds stayed on, then the fan spun up full speed and was loud, had to switch it off and when i put the normal psu in, the pc doesn't boot up
    It all seems that this psu is defective so I guess I'll return it.

Thanks for the help and quick responses yellowbeard.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have the exact same problem as the TC, i made my own thread on the board.

Thanks
    Deathcore, thanks for starting your own thread, it makes things much easier. I replied there for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information