Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 review

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Halo 3 review

Quote Originally Posted by b0ned0me View Post
    Ah, but just think of the fun that will ensue if another game comes along soon that's BETTER than Halo 3. What will they give it? 11/10? 10*/10? A/10? Spooge/10?
    The last one - Spooge\10.

Even IGN, the undisbuted Kings of the OTT review score managed to take their cock out of their hands while playing the game, for long enough to give it a 9.5.

But hey, I've not played it, and these 1up and Eurogamer people are pro reviewers, so if they say so, the game IS perfect, IS the best game ever, has NO faults of ANY kind, and has redefined gaming itself by being the PERFECTEST game ev0r. And none of this is because its Halo and they all went a bit silly.

Right kids?

Apparently the multiplayer is superb though...

Thanks

@Stewart - why does it bother you so much? Do you really care that passionately about scores dolled out by on-line gaming sites?
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Banned
    Thanks

Well, you say 'bother you so much' as if I've written 3 books on the subject, started a campaign funded by FARC rebels, and demanded the heads of the reviewers on spikes.

All I've actually done is posted a few comments about the game... in the gaming forums... on a forums I use every day.

But to answer your point, the reason I care **sooooooooooooooo** much is simple.

I expect 15 year olds in silly hats standing outside bus garages to go - 'ZOMG dude, dided you play the new Halo yet? Its the perfectestest game in the ever of forever and its better than perfect really, its better than that guy!'

I expect that. I do not expect 'professional' reviewers to score a game as a 10\10 perfect. Thats hype talking, not an objective review score. Its all a bit stupid really. Perfect my arse.

In short I do not expect professional game reviewers to review the hype and ignore the game itself.

Hope that helps.

And lets not pretend every site has shown itself to be full of know-nothing hype monkies either. The IGN review was very good, fair, and the score was 9.5. GameSpot also had a great review, also a 9.5. I'm sure the HEXUS review, when it comes, will also be fair, and not just score it a 10, making a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish of themselves in the process, because its Halo.

1up.com and Eurogamer on the other hand - ZOMG! 10! Perfectest!

Silly boys.
    Last edited by Stewart; 25-09-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks
    • magneticman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3x2gb Corsair Dominator 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB F1 + 2TB F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V2110
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity

btw the halo 3 review on 1up was written by dan, that's all i have to say

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Well, you say 'bother you so much' as if I've written 3 books on the subject, started a campaign funded by FARC rebels, and demanded the heads of the reviewers on spikes.
    Whether you actually care or not, you do give the impression that it really bothers you.

All I've actually done is posted a few comments about the game... in the gaming forums... on a forums I use every day.
    Why belittle someones comments then. You claim to hate it when people take offence at you merely expressing your opinions but you do exactly the same to those who dont share your view. In fact, you show them contempt with a smattering of ever so hillarious sarcasm

But to answer your point, the reason I care **sooooooooooooooo** much is simple.

I expect 15 year olds in silly hats standing outside bus garages to go - 'ZOMG dude, dided you play the new Halo yet? Its the perfectestest game in the ever of forever and its better than perfect really, its better than that guy!'
    Whats that, your 15 years of age and wearing a hat that doesnt meet the approval of Stewart, ZOMG you are herby NOT entitled to an opinion on games. Ever. You probably only like fifa anyway.

I expect that. I do not expect 'professional' reviewers to score a game as a 10\10 perfect. Thats hype talking, not an objective review score. Its all a bit stupid really. Perfect my arse.

In short I do not expect professional game reviewers to review the hype and ignore the game itself.

Hope that helps.

And lets not pretend every site has shown itself to be full of know-nothing hype monkies either. The IGN review was very good, fair, and the score was 9.5. GameSpot also had a great review, also a 9.5. I'm sure the HEXUS review, when it comes, will also be fair, and not just score it a 10, making a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish of themselves in the process, because its Halo.

1up.com and Eurogamer on the other hand - ZOMG! 10! Perfectest!

Silly boys.
    Professional game reviews . Thats like reviewing different brands of steak and kidney pie, different people will have a preference for different pies. And different reviewers will have recieved backhanders in the shape of a lifetimes supply of pies. Or, quite probably a 2 week holiday in Miami full of MS employed bikini girls, girating around life sized replicas of masterchief.

All the big games get an insane ammount of hype and unrealistic review scores (MGS2, Half Life 2, Bioshock to name but a few)

The point remains, why do you even care?

Banned
    Thanks

Oh no, Steve has taken my post apart, what am I to do? I'm sure its been done in a clever and funny way as well.

I'm busy, I'll reply to your comments later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Hope that helps.
    Yes, I think that cleared it up nicely.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve threlfall View Post
    Whether you actually care or not, you do give the impression that it really bothers you.
    Oh no! Thats terrible.

Why belittle someones comments then. You claim to hate it when people take offence at you merely expressing your opinions but you do exactly the same to those who dont share your view. In fact, you show them contempt with a smattering of ever so hillarious sarcasm
    Which comments? The comments of the revewiers? Because they are there to be belittled. If someone writes a load of tripe, then I have to right to have a go. Sorry if this offends your sensibilities. I'm sure you'll get over it. Be brave.

Whats that, your 15 years of age and wearing a hat that doesnt meet the approval of Stewart, ZOMG you are herby NOT entitled to an opinion on games. Ever. You probably only like fifa anyway.
    Point being - I expect these sort of people to get carried away by the hype. If I see it, I can simply go - awww, poor little monkey brains, they don't know what they are saying. What's the excuse of the Euyrogamer reviewer? Or the 1up.com bloke? Aren't these people paid to review games? Shouldn't they therefore have an ability to write an objective review that ignores the hype and the bull****?

Maybe you just have much lower expectations and standards than me.

Professional game reviews . Thats like reviewing different brands of steak and kidney pie, different people will have a preference for different pies. And different reviewers will have recieved backhanders in the shape of a lifetimes supply of pies. Or, quite probably a 2 week holiday in Miami full of MS employed bikini girls, girating around life sized replicas of masterchief.
    Why are you typing this? Please stop.

I say again: I expect pro games reviewers to be able to write good games reviews. I do not expect them to get washed away with the hype. I say again - why are professional games revewiers saying - ZOMG 10\10 PERFECT!11!

Because they got carried away with the hype. This is bad. But hey, don't let it bother you.

All the big games get an insane ammount of hype and unrealistic review scores (MGS2, Half Life 2, Bioshock to name but a few)
    True, to a certain extent.

The point remains, why do you even care?
    I care because I have an interest in the subject matter, I use these forums, and therefore this is where I am going to voice my opinions.

If it bothers you so much, feel free to email David and comaplin that I have (and sometimes post) opinions. I'm sure he will tell you to **** off.

Hugs and kisses.
    Last edited by Stewart; 25-09-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magneticman View Post
    btw the halo 3 review on 1up was written by dan, that's all i have to say
    Nice... but say more!

Who is this Dan, and am I to take it from your comments that he already has a reputation for not being the most grounded games reviewer in the world?

Dodgy Dan the dodgy games reviewing man?

Thanks
    • magneticman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1TB F1 + 2TB F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V2110
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity

he is a massive halo fan(boy)

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5379799

Banned
    Thanks

Haha.

I suppose 10\10 is pretty reasonable then. We are lucky he didn't invent a new number, and award it to the game.

Ahh, the wonders of the internet... I used to think IGN was a bit dodgy, but after seeing some of the others, I shall return to IGN and Gamespot with a new sense of confidence in the reviews. Even if IGN are still a bit OTT.

Also - enough of this. I reserve my right to an opinion, whatever Steve thinks, but its not the end of the world. A few know-nothings got a Halo errection and pretended the game is perfect. Its not a crime.

Lets all go home and think about what happened here.
    Last edited by Stewart; 25-09-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks
    • magneticman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1TB F1 + 2TB F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V2110
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity

im pretty sure the entire hexus userbase will be playing halo 3 soon, but if like me you dont own a 360 (or any next gen console for that matter) here is a playthrough of the first hour with questions answered.

http://halo.gamespot.com/video/92663...13454&mb=halo3

im watching it now

Thanks

How do you know that its not an objective review? Aren't all games personal, what one person thinks is great some other person thinks its the worst game they've played! Mario 64 was regarded as a perfect game, my arse is it. Its just a stupid plumber jumping on shells, ooh, but in 3D. Bet Mario Galaxy's gfx are crap! Get the idea?

We all know that you don't like Halo, you've hammered that down our throats a few times before. We all know you like Nintendo, you've hammered that down our throats a few times before. If you don't like Halo, why don't you just stop posting in threads with Halo in the topic? After all, your starting to sound like a stuck record

Banned
    Thanks

No mate.

The constant and childish over-hyping of Halo is starting to sound like a stuck record.

As for Mario64, I have met exactly no people in my life who thought Mario64 was perfect. Its brilliant, yes. It is not perfect.

Also to use your own bizare logic - if I'm starting to sound like a stuck record, don't read my posts. Or use your ignore list.

Do you see?

Finally, I do like Nintendo, yes, but not blindly. I would have the same comments to make if some numpty came along with a ZOMG Muruio Glaxay is the perfect!11.

EDIT - Also, can I just add, I'm not one to throw fanboy accusations at people, you know that, but if I can't have a go at a review which gave Halo a PERFECT score without you getting pissed off about it, I worry about you.

How can you defend this review? Unless you agree there is any chance,any chance at all that the game is perfect.
    Last edited by Stewart; 25-09-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks

No mate.

The constant and childish over-hyping of Halo is starting to sound like a stuck record.
    OMG, i don't believe what i'm about to do, deep breath

I agree with you (and relax)

Being serious tho, the hype is being blown out of all proportion, every shop site i've been onto has Halo 3 banners, its on BBC news, i know that MS have pumped large amounts of dosh into the advertising, but i'd prefer if they just got on with fixing the problems with the 360. Its probably one reason why i've still to play Bioshock (also the fact my 360 went pop on the first day, never had the same interest in it again)

Or use your ignore list.
    I would never use the ignore list on you, you make some very valid points (some of the time )

Banned
    Thanks

Ignore list is a bit harsh I suppose. I am having major ciggie cravings at the moment and NOT in a good mood.

BioShock - Fantastic FPS. Looks great.
    Metroid Prime 3 - Fantastic FPS. Best controls of any console FPS in history, classy and interesting game.
    Halo3 - Fantastic FPS. Looks great, amazing multiplayer.

Now, tell me, why do some people feel the need to have an e-rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish over the last of those 3? What is it about this game series that causes even 'proper' game reviewers to take leave of their senses? If someone said Metroid or BioShock was perfect, everyone would say they are a nob.

This guy says Halo3 is perfect, I say he's a nob and I get grief over it.

Why? People get a pass to say stupid things because its Halo?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information