Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: The Crysis Thread

isn't trying to wind U up Shooty*'s Avatar
    Thanks
    • Shooty*'s system
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Modular 620W
      • Case:
      • ThermalTake Tsunami Dream, black, windowed.
      • Internet:
      • Plus Net

Re: The Crysis Thread

Oooh, I like zero g bits, like in Mysteries Of The Sith.

What I hated about the open bits of Far Cry was that there was one level where I simply could not tell where I was supposed to be going, or how to get there. Lame, I know, but there you go.

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID

Ah - well in Crysis you get an indicator that tells you which direction the objective is in - so make sure that points up and away you go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DecomposingStar View Post
    It's quite good. Just have to find a good server that suits you. It's a great idea, but they should have made Power Struggle a bit more like BF2 in the tactical sense (having squads would be nice). People dont tend to work as a team much.
    How many gametypes are there in MP?

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
    • DecomposingStar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • E6400 C2D Intel @ OC'd to 2.91ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4x 1GB OCZ Platinum Edition (800mhz - 4/4/12) (32bit Vista runs it at 3.3gb)
      • Storage:
      • 1 Maxtor DiamondMax 80gb HDD, 1x Western Caviar 250gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 2900XT HIS Oc'd 810/899
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 - Customised.
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by JIM_BOB7813 View Post
    How many gametypes are there in MP?
    two.
    Instant action (deathmatch) and Power Struggle.

Thanks

I don't think this isn't really a spoiler, so...on a level called 'exedus', do I shoot the aliens out if the sky? Bit hard, this.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
    • DecomposingStar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • E6400 C2D Intel @ OC'd to 2.91ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4x 1GB OCZ Platinum Edition (800mhz - 4/4/12) (32bit Vista runs it at 3.3gb)
      • Storage:
      • 1 Maxtor DiamondMax 80gb HDD, 1x Western Caviar 250gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 2900XT HIS Oc'd 810/899
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 - Customised.
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post
    I don't think this isn't really a spoiler, so...on a level called 'exedus', do I shoot the aliens out if the sky? Bit hard, this.

Can't remember specifically, but you only need to shoot the aliens that start attacking you.

Thanks

So, I just fired up Crysis.

The game detects optimum settings for my rig and sets everything to high @ 1024x768 Res and no 0xAA.

But the in-game frame rate is quite laggy, so I lowered the shadows to Low and Post processing to Medium @ 800x600, no 0xAA.

After these changes take place, for the most part the in-game frame rate seems to be fine with only a few slow downs in some intense fight scenes.
    Strangely enough some of the cut-scenes still seem to be laggy.

I hadn't had time to run the in-game benchmark to get some precise FPS, I'll try it later and post my findings tomorrow

I did notice a bug where the sand next to the sea water in corrupted and full of large square pixels. A patch or newer nvidia driver should fix that!

Overall in DX9 & WinXP, the graphics, gameplay and theme, are just too similar to Far Cry which I was not too fond of.
    It doesn't seem to be that much of an improvement and can't really say I'm impressed so far.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

That's just the medium settings for you. Tweak the ini file and add in some of the 'dx10' effects and it starts to look a lot better, while still running ok.

Thanks

Crysis is the most over hyped game in the world imo, and here is why…

The story is rubbish. It doesn’t feel engaging and even the attempts to make you connect with your team mates falls short. You lose team mates as regular as clockwork but can anyone honestly say that you cared one little bit?
    They are around for about 30 seconds at a time, their dialog is rubbish and they have zero heart or soul, personally I was very happy to get rid of the macho pricks, other than the fat Englishman which made me feel oddly nostalgic, it may be because he reminded me of a barman at the local gaybar but hay ho, lets go.

Weapons, did anyone else find themselves using the Korean weapons all the time? Maybe it was my style of play but I ran out of ammo so quickly that I was forced to ditch my super sexy rifle and take the Korean AK knock off. It felt cheap!

Lets talk about my favorite thing in FPS’s, sniping! Sniping is a pain in the ass! Lay on your belly, go into strength mode, and anything more than first stage zoom is a pain in the ass to hit, and I gave up even trying at full zoom/range. The sniper rifle might as well not be there given that the only range that they are effective is well within range of the aforementioned AK knockoff so you might as well shoot off a quick burst of silenced fire.

Now the weapons themselves seemed heavy enough, I will admit it got annoying putting 15 rounds into a Korean only for them to turn around and shout at me was a little disconcerting, but then this is the future and I can accept the excuse they have some half decent body armour and I need my silencer off to kill them quickly, that’s fine.
    What’s not fine is the AI. It just seemed very ‘meh whatever Mr American man’. I have played the game through on Delta and although the game is hard, its not because the AI is any good, its just the Koreans kill you very quickly using their tried and tested method of all shooting everything they have at you as fast as possible. Everyone still seems about as tactically aware and cunning as a 12 year old mental patient!

Anyone ever been ambushed? Anyone ever been chased at speed by these guys? Because I haven’t, In fact now that I am writing this I cant really remember if I have ever seen a Korean run… maybe they have short legs or something, or maybe it’s the horrible lag and slowdown I get when having the balls out arrogance to try and play this game using a few graphics setting set to high on a brand new top of the range gaming PC.

Talking of graphics settings, lets face it, Crysis looks good. It looks nice, no real problems here, im not going to complain, actually I am going to complain because I can so to you all.
    I will say that it seems to get a little bit 2 much respect in this department. Call of Duty 4 looks lovely, just as good if not better than Crysis on medium setting I think (Crysis just looks pretty because you’re on a paradise island) but runs nowhere near as good. Crysis does win on the freedom factor and the maps do allow you to move around in interesting ways using the suit powers which is lovely stuff

I am a big fan of suit powers, they are a blast, especially when you take into account the aforementioned terrible AI of the Koreans, and begin running into a patrol, grabbing the man on point and dragging said point man off to a grizzly death.
    But common Crytek, someone must have noticed during testing this was going to be a tactic, after all Grab+Stealth = Fun town so why is there no AI stuck in there for a patrol to give chase should one of their friends start flying through the air kicking and screaming!

I know I have moaned a lot, but I do like Crysis, its entertaining enough and I am happy I spent my not so hard earned money on it, it’s just not everything I was hoping for. The only party trick it has is its good looks, and considering how resource heavy it is it’s not exactly doing a good job.

Halflife 2 looked excellent at release, when you compare it to everything else that was out at that time, it was at least as far ahead of the curve as Crysis is now, but it ran well. Very well in fact, I played it maxed out on a single core and a 6600 Graphics card and it played like a dream.

In summery Crysis looks great, but its beaten in the balls out action area by almost everything in the world, beaten in the freeform aspect by things like Oblivion and STALKER (screw the dots between letters) and beaten in its story by Portal, a two hour puzzle game with only one other character…

And Crysis is getting 9’s out of 10 and 90%+ scores why exactly?

Thanks
    • ScottY_'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage Gene III
      • CPU:
      • i7 950 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 120GB HyperX, 60GB OCZ Vertex2, 2x 1TB Samsung F1, 256GB Crucial M4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX680
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ07
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x SM2443BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 30MB

Sorry, did i read that right?

You're gay?

It gets high scores because of the AI albeit it's crap indoors, the physics are great.

And those outstanding graphics.

Every other game has flaws, people just expected Crysis to be soo much more. So they say it's crap in all ways possible.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Well, I'm completely stuck at the min on this. Flying the VTOL at the min and can't make head nor tails what I'm supposed to be doing. Keep getting objectives but don't seem to be able to get there in time and it still shows as the objective is there even after it says deactivated and head home.

Wonder if there is a level skip as my save seems to have corrupted also. As soon as I load an Ascension savegame the jet goes to the right and crashes into something without me touching anything.

Can't wait to finish this and uninstall it. Allround it just feels quite poor. You get killed often due to sheer numbers of the enemies if you don't manage to keep the stealth going. Quite boring really unfortunately, found Farcry a lot more tactical and easier to get to goals etc

Scratch that, just finished it. Had to start the ascension level again from the beginning, easier 2nd time round and knew what I was doing! Overall wasn't impressed and it is currently uninstalling from my system to be put on he shelf till whenever. Really think it is way overhyped when there are currently far more enjoyable, engrossing and superior games out there at this moment in time.

Think I may go through Bioshock again now that the patch has been released.
    Last edited by Ferral; 16-12-2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: additional

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID

Sheer number of enemies is the only way the Koreans will overpower you since you're pretty much untouchable from the first burst of fire, or invisible. If you're really, really outnumbered, low on energy and need a way out the trick is using grenades (any varient) to confuse and disorient the Koreans for long enough to give you a way out. Saved my bacon many a time!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information