Thread: should i get far cry

Registered+
    Thanks

should i get far cry

hi guys a little advice is required ,now that my systems rocking on i,m not sure whether to purchase farcry or not alot of people say its gr8 others tell me its pants i suppose its all down to preference. But i,ll go with the majority

Thanks
    Tis probably the wrong place to be asking this .

Anyway I think its pretty cool. Graphics are amazing and scenery is amazing (infact the scenery is almost good enough to want to go on a sightseeing tour ). Some people say the story is not good but there's nothing wrong with it. It's pretty hard too especially if you play it on veteran the first time .

Thanks
    Get it, its a great game, the save game system is a bit crap but its still a good game

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Get painkiller, its better

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos
    Get painkiller, its better
    Painkiller is good if you want fast paced action, not good if you want to think about objectives etc. Good for a short blast, but thats about it

Thanks
    Actually i like the save game system. It actually makes you care if you get killed.
    After all going through a game quick saving all the time doesnt actually make you any good at it. Since i started playing Farcry i've got a lot better at FPS.
    It might be frustrating but thats life .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turkster
    Actually i like the save game system. It actually makes you care if you get killed.
    After all going through a game quick saving all the time doesnt actually make you any good at it. Since i started playing Farcry i've got a lot better at FPS.
    It might be frustrating but thats life .

Yeah I know what you mean, but on some levels the save game kicks in a little too late IMO, having spent ten minutes stealthly killing loadsa blokes, only to be taken out by some dude with a rocket launcher about a mile away.......maybe its just me that ran out of sniper rifle ammo

Thanks
    • Paul Adams's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2x250GB SSD / 500GB SSD / 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX1080
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Philips 40" 4K
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps fiber
    Have you played the demo?

I'd never even heard of Far Cry by the time I got the demo, and I was completely blown away by the quality of the graphics (I use max settings across the board and 4xAA).

By far the most impressive FPS I've ever played - it seems to be a popular pastime for people to shoot/stab/grenade the corpses into interesting positions too

For all the reports of people getting graphical glitches, crashes to desktop, reboots, etc., I would recommend strongly against overclocking any part of your system when playing this - I think that is the main cause of so much trouble people have had.

I played the game on "Challenging" (I think) as, despite all best intentions, I never go through FPS's a second time just on a different difficulty setting - some of the parts had me shouting at the screen in frustration but eventually I won through

Multiplayer isn't supposed to be terribly popular, but I don't do PvP online gaming these days so couldn't comment.

Consider this a recomendation
    ~ I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be. ~
    PC: Win10 x64 | Asus Maximus VIII | Core i7-6700K | 16GB DDR3 | 2x250GB SSD | 500GB SSD | 2TB SATA-300 | GeForce GTX1080
    Camera: Canon 60D | Sigma 10-20/4.0-5.6 | Canon 100/2.8 | Tamron 18-270/3.5-6.3

Thanks
    yes get it!its a v v v gud game! lol its worth it just for the multiplayer hehe u can see campers lense flaires etc. so no more camper killing deaths.hehe.

Thanks
    When i played it i had an outer-body experience, now i'm not actually talking about me personally but my character. I was on a certain level it began i walked forward looked back and my body was still there along with the female characters both standing in the shape of a starfish, i continued on the level and completed but still, funny bug, wish my screendump that i took would've worked no idea why it didn't.

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    Get it, it's the mutts nutts. First time the Tridgens appeared they actually made me jump out of my seat. Not quite so nervy of them now as I've figured the best way to deal with them is a double tap with the jackhammer shotgun. But there are definitely parts that have you screaming in frustration. Just makes you think more about how to go about things as opposed to rushing in blasting madly. You won't last very long that way. Very satisfying sneaking up and ambushing 4 mercs before they knew what had hit them

Banned
    Thanks
    Wrong forum, but anyway...

It looks great, it plays average. I'd say get it, as the visuals will wow you, and it is a laugh to play, just gets a bit tedious after a while (the levels, all 20 or so of them, have 2 settings - walking about in the jungle, or walking about in a lab-type building), TimeSplitters II this isn't.

The trigens as well as the whole 'mad bloke on island makes a mutant' thing has been done before, and better, in games such as Doom, Resident Evil, Half Life, etc.

Get it. It looks great, plays at least good enough for you to want to finish it, and some levels, such as Rebellion, really are amazing. Just don't expect it to be 'the best FPS ever' and you wont be dissapointed.

It is a bit glitchy, scripting errors and the like, even with the v1.1 patch, but v1.2 is on the way, and should clear most of these up, as well as improving game performance, according to the read me, anyway.

Marmoset Warrior
    Thanks
    I got it and it's amazing.
    Probably one of the most graphically advanced FPSs to date (I think).
    Graphics are pretty much breathtaking, and the physics on the bodys and other objects is the best seen so far to date (in FPS anyway)
    The Multiplayer is pretty thin (can be) on the internet side, although it isn't a very hardcore game like CS or anything, its still a pretty good laugh with a couple of m8s, machetes, boats and jumps

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    The mod and mapping scene is starting to move as well. Its the only FPS game I have been bothered to play offline for a long time, last one was rainbow six. The multiplayer side is thin, but the devs are asking what people want. I just want multiplayer hanglider combat As has been said the graphics are great, but the gameplay is fun and addictive. You need to sneak in places, but others require speeding through in a jeep guns blazing. If you like games that require every item you find to be tried in every place, this isnt for you. Its puzzles make sense and doing a bit of exploring can make the game easier. I also prefer the checkpoint save system as I tend to be more carefull. I have turned the PC off in thrustration, but have turned it back on again for just one more go. Roll on the mods on custom maps, ohh yeahh single player maps can be downloaded for a grin.

http://farcry.action-arena.com/

Thanks
    Far Cry looks amazing.... but thats it for me Im afraid. Last level is a pain and a waste of time. I expected a wider variety of enemies as the game progressed, but didnt happen. If you want a 'kill everything that moves' game then get it, otherwise Id look elsewhere.

Thread Information