Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to upset Vaul....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaul
    That's why they never release a game without the words 'Wrestle', 'Skateboard', 'Raw' or 'XXX' in the title. To do so would confuse the average PS2 owning chav.
    Can you imagine a chav sticking with such things of beauty as Nintendo's Pikmin? Of course not. They'd dismiss it as 'kiddie innt?!?11?1' within five seconds and run off to play 'Skateboard Wrestle Raw Super Ramp Jumper XXX' with their crap-hat wearing friends.
    one thing WHAT u on about. chavs are muppets that were townie clothes like nike and fake burberry and hang at bus stops smoking fags.
    skaters are not chavs.so what u talking about.chavs just smoke and hang around crappy estates and think they're cool cause they drink.also skatebaording is a sport whats wrong with sports games.along with bmx boxing etc. so i think you should look up chav mate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by directhex
    rez, jet set radio, shenmue

that a good enough starter?
    no as ima on about proper stories like final fantasy/metal gear solid substance etc.hitman2/3,zone of the enders ETC.

Thanks
    Vual what u on about.i have read many online reviews about the psp's game line up,and the way it looks does help gameplay, for example the smoothness of the buttons and the way they implement they into the console helps aid comfort etc. also nintendo have made it underpowered like they did when i had my advance,and that got pwned by the Ngage....
    also it is underpowered as the psp out preforms it spec wise.
    the ds is too bulky and chunky to be easy and comfortable to use.
    and besides whats wrong with a console looking slick,it makes its overall opinion better, your saying a pc shouldnt be modded case wise,cause it does the job hardware wise,so now your saying case modding is chavish

people want something that preforms good,is functional and looks good. like for instance slim dvd players. you wouldnt want a beasty pc and pay £1000's for it if it looked skank would you?

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk

I like it, but even if you don't, the point is they are moving towords a proper hardware look, as opposed to the Fisher Price - 'My First Console' look of the purple GameCube.

What are your reasons for getting a DS over a PSP mate? Be interested to know.

Oh, and if you want flamebait - Real gamers will buy a DS, chavs will buy a PSP. Discuss.
    Assuming I have a job by the time the DS and the PSP come out I'll get both even though I prefer the DS...because I think they are going to be the best handheld consoles this /next year.

As with the chav thing, well all the people I've say they want one because it looks good, it has the PS2s graphics and they're all fans of Sony.

Having said that though I'm getting the DS because of its innovations...
    Last edited by BEANFro Elite; 09-12-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by |{££|"
    Vual what u on about.i have read many online reviews about the psp's game line up,and the way it looks does help gameplay, for example the smoothness of the buttons and the way they implement they into the console helps aid comfort etc.
    that sounds like the way it feels, not the way it looks. And i'm not sure a choice of matt/gloss paint really makes that much difference to a machine's usability

also nintendo have made it underpowered like they did when i had my advance,and that got pwned by the Ngage....
    you've sorta killed everything you've ever said with that. the ngage is possibly the worst piece of hardware ever released, rivalling the CDi, 3DO, and Virtual Boy. it's a perfect example of complete failure to design a machine properly - needing to remove the battery and case just to change game? the worst keypad EVER on a games device? looking like an ass when sidetalkin' on the actual phone? no thanks, suggesting the ngage has anything redeemable about it suggests misunderstanding games and hardware as a whole

also it is underpowered as the psp out preforms it spec wise.
    so what? the original game boy was no match for the game gear or the atari lynx - but it had the games people wanted, the battery life, and it buried the competition. it's not about specification - if it were, no bugger would buy a ps2

the ds is too bulky and chunky to be easy and comfortable to use.
    it's smaller than a psp. how does that make it bulky and/or chunky?

and besides whats wrong with a console looking slick,it makes its overall opinion better, your saying a pc shouldnt be modded case wise,cause it does the job hardware wise,so now your saying case modding is chavish
    it is, to an extent. seen a thermaltake xaser? go-faster stripes and type-r decals at the ready!

people want something that preforms good,is functional and looks good.
    no, people want something with the games they want to play. the playstation did so by having some really big franchises (gran turismo, resident evil, assorted football games), not through looks or power, because it lacked both.

like for instance slim dvd players. you wouldnt want a beasty pc and pay £1000's for it if it looked skank would you?
    if i could have a pc that played the games i wanted to play, or one with a type r sticker, i'd take the one that played the right games.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    currently neither is on my shopping list. i might get a psp on the force of Mercury, i might get a DS on the force of Hunters. i've never been a handheld gamer, so either is a decadance for me, especially when i have more important things like gamecube games and xboxes to buy first

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    Quote Originally Posted by directhex
    currently neither is on my shopping list. i might get a psp on the force of Mercury, i might get a DS on the force of Hunters. i've never been a handheld gamer, so either is a decadance for me, especially when i have more important things like gamecube games and xboxes to buy first

And PC games AMEN...

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    well it's all down to where the games are, isn't it

currently, i have my eye on an xbox for one or two games, plus some unplayed pc titles to work through, plus some gamecube & pc games missing from my collection. i don't see enough compelling about the psp OR ds to justify the price tag, especially when i already own mario 64

Thanks
    you've sorta killed everything you've ever said with that. the ngage is possibly the worst piece of hardware ever released, rivalling the CDi, 3DO, and Virtual Boy. it's a perfect example of complete failure to design a machine properly - needing to remove the battery and case just to change game? the worst keypad EVER on a games device? looking like an ass when sidetalkin' on the actual phone? no thanks, suggesting the ngage has anything redeemable about it suggests misunderstanding games and hardware as a whole
    All the bad points you have mentioned have now been fixed on the Ngage QD. No more side talkin', no more removing the battery to swap cards.

Personally, I quite like the new one. Since it's just a standard smartphone under the hood, there's lots of free games available for it. I've also seen it being advertised for £99 inc a game, which easily makes it the cheapest smartphone available. And finally we're starting to see some good games for it too. There's recently been a couple of internet-enabled games which have received excellent reviews.

As a serious console, it's not the best. But as a cheap phone/console for a quick blast on the train home, it's not a bad choice IMO.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    the numeric keypad is still abysmal for trying to play games - there's a reason nobody's copied the atari jaguar's 27 button pads

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    All the bad points you have mentioned have now been fixed on the Ngage QD. No more side talkin', no more removing the battery to swap cards.

Personally, I quite like the new one. Since it's just a standard smartphone under the hood, there's lots of free games available for it. I've also seen it being advertised for £99 inc a game, which easily makes it the cheapest smartphone available. And finally we're starting to see some good games for it too. There's recently been a couple of internet-enabled games which have received excellent reviews.

As a serious console, it's not the best. But as a cheap phone/console for a quick blast on the train home, it's not a bad choice IMO.
    i aggree totally thats the one i was on about but couldnt remember the name,but still the Ngage was a big breakthrough...
    what i dont like about the ds is the way you have to play it and the fact its sorta 2 parts

psp is simply smooth and looks pimp. its comfortable, slimlined and has great gaming comfort and playablity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |{££|"
    no as ima on about proper stories like final fantasy/metal gear solid substance etc.hitman2/3,zone of the enders ETC.
    Have you ever played Shenmue? Do you even know what it is?

And since this is the upsetting Vaul thread....

The chav knows not where the real quality lies - and believe me, in terms of sheer genius game design, it lies firmly with Sega.
    Good call mate.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    nintendo are amazin i know,but ima more fps/racing/rpg man myself sorry
    and as for the thermaltake xaser its rank.horrid horrid creation, i was more thinkin the g5 lian li v1000, or the Coolermaster wavemaster in blue etc, or the Kustom Pcs wavemaster's custom paint job so nice.i know crap ones tho lol like the Sunbeam range lmfao. but u have to admit SOME are nice mate

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    believe me, in terms of sheer genius game design, it lies firmly with Sega.

Good call mate.

SEGA? I'm all for SEGA mate, some of the best games of all time came out of the SEGA and Nintendo 8bit and 16bit wars. Sonic 1 was complete genius, and almost (almost) the perfect foil for Mario.

I had a Master System over a NES, seemed the better console at the time, but I think the SNES had the MegaDrive all ends up.

But yeah, SEGA and Nintendo are all good. Those were the days...
    Last edited by Stewart; 09-12-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    LOL, I was just remembering the first discussion you and I ever had on these forums, we were debating the relative merits of the two companies. Who'd have thought we'd go on to have so many discussions on matters of great import eh?

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array