Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...want to stab small children...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull
    I volunteer in a software help channel on deviantART' chat network and at least once a day we get;

"where can i get photoshop?"
    "You buy it. Amazon is a common choice or you can download it direct from Adobe."
    "but I dun wanna pay"
    "Well then you can't have it."
    "y not"
    "Because that's stealing."
    "so"

and so on, it usually ends in them throwing a tantrum(and promptly being banned) or wanting reasons why CS2 is so expensive. Perhaps because it's as prefessional grade tool, not designed for spoilt brats to be editing bad anime with.
    I don't know why they don't just get GIMP or something, it's not AS good, but still pretty good...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferral
    My 3 get away with murder. [....stuff....] Think I really need to put my foot down on this one !
    that really is no good, you really need to stop that kinda thing early or it'll just be harder later on.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by tehsucks
    I don't know why they don't just get GIMP or something, it's not AS good, but still pretty good...
    Heh, we recommend it all the time. Usually get a childish, "but I want photoshop" response, they decided that GIMP wasn't good enough without ever using either.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    Yeah, hence why the ban on gaming especially for my 5yr old. Hes addicted to gaming already with having the playstation for a few month now.

Gaming seems to flip him out whether hes watching or playing. Starting to wonder if it is a mild form of photo sensetive epilepsy causing it to happen.

I can't do anything about the mother in law with regards to the PC. However she will be in for a shock when things start to mess up with the new system. She knows they don't look after anything and mess with things they know nothing about. When the time comes I won't be doing repairs etc when stuff gets deleted and the likes.

Going back to my son, I have put a good argument across to my wife. She has noticed he isn't as badly behaved when not playing games. So she is kind of agreeing about holding off now with him and avoiding games consoles till he is a bit older.

My eldest I think is ok with having the PS2, my other 2 though no way. I feel they are to young still. My 7yr old sits on her backside most the time already and she is starting to put on a little weight (not like what you see on TV with the overweight kids). But we as parents need to get her moving and not just sitting in the house all day playing games.

I let my 5yr old watch me play Neverwinter Nights, so he could hopefully learn and understand about gaming. He watched as I took out the final boss and was quite impressed I persevered with the game for so many hours start to finish. I also have control over him if he is watching me with the RPG's, stop him from shouting out in excitement and pointing at the screen etc.

Younger children seem to become easily addicted to gaming and like mentioned, friends at school have them so they want them. Not forgetting the TV adverts, initially it was Pokemon link then Princess Peach that drawn my daughter to the DS. Thankfully we put screen protectors on as the bottom screen cover is scratched to hell already.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Kids get over excited easily. We've all seen it at whichever distant relatives son's/daughters birthday where one kid throws a tantrum and a another pukes because he's so excited. Computer games are just this constantly. Especially with adult games as they're designed to be thrilling and enthralling,m which is great for us, but overload for a 5 year old.

Buy them tweenies or teletubbies or whatever brightly coloured creatures are making stupid noises on TV right now.

Thanks
    Buy them tweenies or teletubbies or whatever brightly coloured creatures are making stupid noises on TV right now.
    lol that really is the extent of it! Whatever happened to the good kids programs from the old skool

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL3H
    lol that really is the extent of it! Whatever happened to the good kids programs from the old skool
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles FTW.

Thanks
    Just to add my little bit to this, not completely games related, but same area I feel.

I did a contract phone for someones (and I still can't believe this myself) 4 year old daughter. Apparantly a cheap PAYG wasn't good enough as they wanted a 2mp camera!

My mum is a deputy head teacher, and they've had to ban phones in their school, which I may add is a primary school that only teachs up to the age of 10. Now people have been saying the kids need mobile phones for security, theres a few problems with that.
    A) It'll get stolen, in generally a disturbing manner for a kid to deal with (big kid beating them up for it or even worse) - Mobile Phone insurance companies will never offer cover inside school premises.
    B) Why the hell should a kid under the age of 10 be in a situation where they need to call for help in the first place? Shouldn't there be an adult somewhere in the vacinity?
    C) Do parents not understand that mobile phone radiation can damage developing cells in young children?

Again I think this comes down to peer pressure, once one kid has a phone, everyone else must have one, it must be "cool". What other reason would they have for bringing them to school?

There was actually another much more serious (and rediclous) issue to do with bikes being rode to school in the morning, but I can't go into that due to an ongoing legal dispute.

Just to point out I didn't really condone doing the sale but its commission for me at the end of the day, and they would have just gone elsewhere, so I just did it anyway.
    Tom Scott,
    Scancom.co.uk/HEXUS Liason

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband
    I had another spoilt little kid in today, made a fuss over the fact that we didn't have any 20 inch TV's in so he could play his Xbox. The kid was about 14, his mother gave me hell on the shop floor. I just pointed out that when i was 14 I didn't have a TV in my room, and if I had it wouldn't have been a 20 inch one. This is what she said to me

"Were your parents strage for not letting you have one ?"

I replied "No, my parents couldn't afford for me to have one"

I don't normally get into such arguments with these morons, but the fact remains is that she questioned my parents judgment. In my view, I've always thought putting TV's computers and consoles into kids rooms under the age of 16 is just a no brainer. I didn't have my own PC till I was 15, and even then I used to use my Dad's one all the time as his was better than mine. I think the one I had got used for the occasional homework session, or when Dad wanted to use his.

I just don't get why kids are so, so spineless and selfish these days with this "I MUST HAVE THE LATEST IPOD EVEN THOUGH THE ONE I HAVE IS PERFECTLY FINE" attitude.

I think that if alot of parents said no mroe often, and actually meant it then I don't think they'd be demanding anywhere near as much as they know that at the end of the day when Mum or Dad say no.

Thanks
    • Elessar_VPR's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad - Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4 Gb Corsair 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2.8Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI HD-6850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li A-10
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC MultiSync - 24WMGX3
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles FTW.

Click the smiley!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scott
    Just to add my little bit to this, not completely games related, but same area I feel.
    Don't worry I wasn't sure weather or not to put this whole thread in the gaming section.
    I did a contract phone for someones (and I still can't believe this myself) 4 year old daughter. Apparantly a cheap PAYG wasn't good enough as they wanted a 2mp camera!
    :O that's messed up, why the hell would a 4yo need a cammera, let alone a phone.
    My mum is a deputy head teacher, and they've had to ban phones in their school, which I may add is a primary school that only teachs up to the age of 10. Now people have been saying the kids need mobile phones for security, theres a few problems with that.
    A) It'll get stolen, in generally a disturbing manner for a kid to deal with (big kid beating them up for it or even worse) - Mobile Phone insurance companies will never offer cover inside school premises.
    B) Why the hell should a kid under the age of 10 be in a situation where they need to call for help in the first place? Shouldn't there be an adult somewhere in the vacinity?
    C) Do parents not understand that mobile phone radiation can damage developing cells in young children?

Again I think this comes down to peer pressure, once one kid has a phone, everyone else must have one, it must be "cool". What other reason would they have for bringing them to school?
    The first phone I got was when I was about 13-14, that was only 'cause I actually needed it. I was one of those old brick nokia's. It was my dad's old phone after he got an upgrade and I paid for the credit my self. I only used/needed it when I needed to be picked up from tae kwon do/soccer practice...
    I knew someone in school who was 14, he had 3 different phones, the latest modles and all with working sim cards.

Thanks
    dont kids just play football anymore :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieBen View Post
    dont kids just play football anymore :/
    lol kids don't play football anymore. my other halfs littlke brother will sit there and sulk instead of do anything that involves exercise. i remeber playin football from 9 in the morning till 8 at night when i wasd a kid.

kids today are just lazy.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrien14 View Post
    lol kids don't play football anymore. my other halfs littlke brother will sit there and sulk instead of do anything that involves exercise. i remeber playin football from 9 in the morning till 8 at night when i wasd a kid.

kids today are just lazy.
    My little brother does that, sits and sulks theres nothing to do. Despite us having an Alsatian puppy who always wants to play a garden big enough to keep horses in. when I was a kid I would of loved all that, TBH I still do.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    I must admit I am supprised at how worked up kids can get over the latest console, I'm not immune to the effect, but I don't go screaming into Currys shouting 'I WANNA PS3' repeatedly. There are other, easier, ways of getting what you want

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Cosair XMS DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 30GB Samsung SSD : 250GB Seagate ES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Hyper Type R 550W Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    I have so much to say on this subject, I just dont know where to start......
    MAIN BOX: 4200+ @2.75 : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe: XP120 + Papst: 2Gb Mushkin Redline PC4000: 512MB 7950GT: 2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID 0:WD 420GB : NEC DVDR/RW: All Wrapped up in a Antec P180

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information