Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...want to stab small children...

Thanks
    kids are well spoilt nowadays, i just have to look at my bro and sis.

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband
    They just don't understand the meaning of the word no these days do they ?

Mike Fishcake
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    They just don't understand the meaning of the word no these days do they ?
    Not all children. Some children. You only notice the misbehaving ones. There are plenty out there that are taught manners and common courtesy.

Thanks
    I think that games are good for kids with a level of imagination and interaction you cannot beat. However - children should be properley limited in playing time and 100% encouraged to go outside and play - sport...whatever.

I know that's what I will be trying to get my children to do
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Mike Fishcake
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez View Post
    I think that games are good for kids with a level of imagination and interaction you cannot beat. However - children should be properley limited in playing time and 100% encouraged to go outside and play - sport...whatever.

I know that's what I will be trying to get my children to do
    *applause*

Yes. Completely agree.

Thanks
    I wasn't spoiled as a kid, I was given the things I needed but never luxuries, I had to earn those. But kids of today just get given whatever they want. I used to work at a secondary school, and all the 11 year olds would be walking around with mobiles, psp's and mp3 players talking about the latest 360 games and stuff like that. They just get too much for nothing, and don't start me on discipline...

When I have kids they are going to bne taught right and wrong and to respect stuff and they'll need to earn stuff before they get it.

Thanks
    i agree tbh that younger kids shouldnt be playing pc games, not that it will turn them into psychotic killers or anything lol but at that age i was riding a bike and doing what a child should, now whether the perceived image of a child playing outside and keeping fit will change over the next few years to a blob on the floor mashing a joypad i do not know but i hope that doesnt happen

Thanks
    • nimbu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M3N78-EMH
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4050e
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Cosair XMS DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 30GB Samsung SSD : 250GB Seagate ES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Hyper Type R 550W Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    i agree tbh that younger kids shouldnt be playing pc games, not that it will turn them into psychotic killers or anything lol but at that age i was riding a bike and doing what a child should, now whether the perceived image of a child playing outside and keeping fit will change over the next few years to a blob on the floor mashing a joypad i do not know but i hope that doesnt happen
    Erm, I never really played outside as a kid. Only temper tantrum I had was when my Dad dragged me to the bike shop to get me a bike, and a really really didnt want one.... Anyways, 27 now and have a 28" waist.

The way I see it, its all to do with a lack of respect for authoritive figures. When at school we never mouthed off to teachers, but having worked in a school about 10 years ago I can say things had changed for sure.

I didnt live in the fear that my parents would beat the living hell out of me if I did something wrong, but could get a smalk (you know the type that dont hurt, but comes out of no where and shakes you up). Can count on one hand the number of times I got a smalk too.

The reasons for this lack of respect? Might post later got to pop out.
    MAIN BOX: 4200+ @2.75 : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe: XP120 + Papst: 2Gb Mushkin Redline PC4000: 512MB 7950GT: 2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID 0:WD 420GB : NEC DVDR/RW: All Wrapped up in a Antec P180

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sair View Post
    I think a lots of kids want things just because everyone else has got one, rather than the fact that they actually want one. There's a lot of peer pressure around I think.

I used to get teased at school when we had "Games Day" on the last day of term and everyone brought in their Simon, or whatever other electronic games they had (showing my age now!!) and I just had my little magnetic car on a race track or a pack of cards... but it didn't harm me.
    A few years later I nearly died of excitement when my parents said I could have a space invaders game... I just couldn't believe it, and I remember that feeling to this day.
    It was my most favourite thing in the world at the time, but it was all the better because I hadn't expected to be allowed one.

Kids these days... (I'm definately getting old!)... (a lot of them anyway) do seem to be spoilt, which is worrying really because they will probably go through life expecting to get what they want, when they want it...
    I'm probably from the same generation and I remember getting an handheld asteroids game for Xmas. Probably cost about £19.99 in old money but I spent the next 4 months playing that game day in day out. I remember a mate getting this thing called Speakand Spell and something called Mr Morgan or something. I thought he was the most spoilt kid ever...nowadays...jesus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information