Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So i went through manchester, and all i lost was my usb stick player.

Thanks

Re: So i went through manchester, and all i lost was my usb stick player.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    Once I've earned my millions I'm moving back up there.

Just over to the left about 80 miles... Nicer here - no Council Tax

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    You really do remain a really sheltered individual don't you?

I was born in Devon. That is quite far south incase your poor brain cannot comprehend that. I lived there for 25 years and then moved to quite near London. Cambridge to be precise. Do you know where that is? Try http://maps.google.co.uk/maps.

Anyway I have moved away from the core subject in hand. I have lived in Manchester for just under three years now. I am actually buying a house here shortly. I would not choose to live in either Cambridge or Torquay following my three years here. Manchester is a city. Just like London. With it's good and it's bad. Unfortunately your "poor, sheltered little boy lost in the big wide world" routine does show a lack of interest in any other part of the country that is not your prescribed comfort zone.

Manchester is a great city. 99% of the residents are friendly, hardworking people. I have been to rock clubs, indie clubs, DJ nights and dance nightclubs. Never had an issue, never seen a fight and never been attacked. I do however interestingly enough use the same approach going out in Manchester as I do when I frequent London, Austin in Texas (that is the USA incase your A to Z does not go that far) or Torquay. A simple rule of thumb is not to be a brash, cocky, self important, self obsessed nobody who desperately wants to be somebody. Believe it or not, you would be fine up here. 99% of visitors to this city are.

I laugh at your comments on the accent. Goodness me. Have you heard yours? Taking your approach I could consider or expect all Londoners to be barrow boys or barmaids. When that is not the case.

The comment on money/wages also intrigues. My profession gets paid the same in London as it does in Manchester. Perhaps there is less demand for your role in Manchester/the North?

One more thing. Spend less time attempting to provoke an reaction from people. Perhaps dedicate your obviously plentiful time to learning to spell. Why not start with the following mistakes that you made in your post:

Northan
    socail eneptitude
    europian

I shall generously give you the first one.

Northan is actually spelt Northern.

Thanks and do have a great day
    Who stole the Jam out of your dough nut ?
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

shouldnt that be DO-NUT?

some things about this place.... well MOST things about this place
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks

Not if yer first language is English it shouldn't....

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Or if you only have a short sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS4 rev 1.1
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz (was @ 3.2GHz), TRU120X (lapped) + Sythe S-Flex 1600rpm
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 6GiB DDR2 Twin2X 6400 C4 (was 2GiB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB x 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 (was Gigabyte 7600GS passive)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 aka The Vacuum Cleaner
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:
      • Zen upto 75Mb/s (typically 26Mb/s when no one else is using the internet)

Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post
    shouldnt that be DO-NUT?
    some things about this place.... well MOST things about this place
    What's a Do? For some reason I'm imagining a small wild rodent type critter.
    Edit: sounds like good value mind you. Wonder if they're battered?
    Last edited by mroz; 29-08-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

well spotted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

You really do remain a really sheltered individual don't you?
    Yup, what with living for only 6 years of my life in other countries, living in england in london,essex,devon,cornwall,yorkshire and berkshire. Plus all the countless socail work i did when i went through my bunny huggy faze at uni. But all i know is how much more there is to shock me
    I was born in Devon. That is quite far south incase your poor brain cannot comprehend that. I lived there for 25 years and then moved to quite near London. Cambridge to be precise. Do you know where that is? Try http://maps.google.co.uk/maps.

Anyway I have moved away from the core subject in hand. I have lived in Manchester for just under three years now. I am actually buying a house here shortly. I would not choose to live in either Cambridge or Torquay following my three years here. Manchester is a city. Just like London. With it's good and it's bad. Unfortunately your "poor, sheltered little boy lost in the big wide world" routine does show a lack of interest in any other part of the country that is not your prescribed comfort zone.

Manchester is a great city. 99% of the residents are friendly, hardworking people. I have been to rock clubs, indie clubs, DJ nights and dance nightclubs. Never had an issue, never seen a fight and never been attacked. I do however interestingly enough use the same approach going out in Manchester as I do when I frequent London, Austin in Texas (that is the USA incase your A to Z does not go that far) or Torquay. A simple rule of thumb is not to be a brash, cocky, self important, self obsessed nobody who desperately wants to be somebody. Believe it or not, you would be fine up here. 99% of visitors to this city are.

I laugh at your comments on the accent. Goodness me. Have you heard yours? Taking your approach I could consider or expect all Londoners to be barrow boys or barmaids. When that is not the case.

The comment on money/wages also intrigues. My profession gets paid the same in London as it does in Manchester. Perhaps there is less demand for your role in Manchester/the North?

One more thing. Spend less time attempting to provoke an reaction from people. Perhaps dedicate your obviously plentiful time to learning to spell. Why not start with the following mistakes that you made in your post:

Northan
    socail eneptitude
    europian

I shall generously give you the first one.

Northan is actually spelt Northern.

Thanks and do have a great day
    For my sins, i do speak RP!

Now northan places in england are poorer than say london. Northan places have more crime rates, you've more chance of been shot in nottingham than you have in london. Yes its always about probability (luck if you like) but there are some places that are worse than others, who here would take someone on a date to brixton?

Now as i said, I did meet a lot of friendly people, but liverpudlians on pills, scare me as i don't know if i'm going to get a stabbed or cuddled. (not to sure about either option!).

If your proffession is paid the same in manchester as it is in london, congrats that will work out very well for you if you live up north. There is a reason why the minimum wage is more in london and the average wage for un-skilled labour is a lot higher than in liverpool, more people live in london, green belt limits expansion, thus its more expensive. A quick look on inqjobs finds two similar rolls that would offer me 35k in manchester, with no bonus, or 60k in london + bonus.... hmm? (granted it will probably be harder to get the london one, as more people applying etc).

As for spelling/accent idea, i didn't complain that i couldn't understand why people where bothering to talk if its hard for me to understand them (the logical inferance would be why was i listening?) mearly that i didn't find it alluring for a lady to speak so horrifically. Now my rants are hardly designed to woo you are they now?
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    northan
    Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern, Northern.

10. Received thanks from:

Bazzlad (29-08-2007),kickstart 1 (29-08-2007)

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

how would a dweller of the north say it?

probably northuan.

Besides us southern barstards can call you what ever we like, its not as if we don't run this country.....
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    how would a dweller of the north say it?

probably northuan.

Besides us southern barstards can call you what ever we like, its not as if we don't run this country.....
    It would probably be pronounced 'Nuurthen' or 'Naarthen', depending on who said it, remembering of course that it's not just one accent...

This from a Northern man in a Southern county, working in Laaaaaahhhhhhnnnnndon.

Thanks

A dweller of the NORTH would say 'Northern'. I have lived here all my life and dont speak like a Hovis advert. I did have to laugh at a 'southerner' on tv the other night though , asking for an Hem-P-Free player !

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Boiled beef and carrots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS4 rev 1.1
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz (was @ 3.2GHz), TRU120X (lapped) + Sythe S-Flex 1600rpm
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 6GiB DDR2 Twin2X 6400 C4 (was 2GiB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB x 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 (was Gigabyte 7600GS passive)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 aka The Vacuum Cleaner
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:
      • Zen upto 75Mb/s (typically 26Mb/s when no one else is using the internet)

Excuse me, but I was merely helpfully pointing out a typographical or possibly spelling related error. I wasn't attempting to insult anyone. Some people simply aren't appreciative. Really.

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

Thanks for thanking me Agent.

Thanks

Northern Monkeys ? Did you think that one up all by yourself ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information