Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So i went through manchester, and all i lost was my usb stick player.

Thanks

Re: So i went through manchester, and all i lost was my usb stick player.

It may be narrow minded not to ever even entertain the fact of living up there. But its one I feel i will always keep.

I just dont like it, thats it And also in the area i have lived in words are words none of this crap non english words, i know parts of london are like this, but i mean hampshire and surrey where i have mainly lived its just english. No stupid words that are not in the launguage..

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS4 rev 1.1
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz (was @ 3.2GHz), TRU120X (lapped) + Sythe S-Flex 1600rpm
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 6GiB DDR2 Twin2X 6400 C4 (was 2GiB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB x 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 (was Gigabyte 7600GS passive)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 aka The Vacuum Cleaner
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:
      • Zen upto 75Mb/s (typically 26Mb/s when no one else is using the internet)

/awkward

Ignorant is a stupid word that's not in the launguage. I believe it has been used in Hampshire on several occasions; not sure about Surrey

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Mwuhahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mroz View Post
    And what's with all this that Manchester is in the north? Afaics it's about halfway up which means the midlands to me - even if you discount Scotland. Simple southern s can't seem to grasp the concept they aren't at the centre of the universe.
    It's the signs you see on the motorway. M6 North goes up the country, M6 South goes down the country. It's the signs

/me gets tin foil hat
    "In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelles View Post
    She thought the black guy on her corridor was from some place in Africa and only spoke Sindebele. Actually he's from Heckmondwike.
    I call shenanigans - there are no black people in Heckmondwike...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Odc View Post
    I'll be up in that neck of the woods later in the year for uni after spending 18 years in solitary confinement (cornwall).
    Yeh but its full of northerners in the summer so you will be fine
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks

I'm from Bristol, but have family in Liverpool. Personally I've never had a problem with being robbed/attacked etc, and on the whole I find scousers to be very friendly if you give them a chance! More chance of striking up a random conversation there than down south in my opinion.

As mentioned, EVERY city has its share of nice places and rough places, and its share of idiots. Anybody with half a brain cell should know how to avoid getting in somebody's way who looks a bit dodgy.

A city is what you make of it, and for all of you ignorant people that enter other cities with naive ignorance about its inhabitants, are the ones most likely to end up on the receiving end of nuisance.

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

WOuld just like to echo what others are saying about it down here in Cornwall, but then I like living down here as us proper cornish do it Drekley

Out of the major town in Cornwall I generally find people from Camborne and Redruth to be the friendlisest of them all. The people from Truro are alla bunch snobs (well there a few excpetions to that) and the people from St. Austell are a bit weird.

Thanks

Thats west lol

I guess southerners are classed as people from surrey hampshire sussex london ect..

Tbh i find people in and around here quite nice, have less problems on a night out around london than you do in basingstoke

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by arbitor View Post
    Thats west lol

I guess southerners are classed as people from surrey hampshire sussex london ect..

Tbh i find people in and around here quite nice, have less problems on a night out around london than you do in basingstoke
    We're South West if you really want me to get pedantic, but ti does make us southeners

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

I've lived in Hampshire, it seems less affluent than up here in the north (Cheshire).

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

Its all down to luck I think. Who you meet and where you go etc. Its destiny, fate, luck, whatever.

I've lived in both Liverpool and Manchester and I've met some great people and some proper basts. And by proper basts, I don't mean "ohhh you cheeky monkey!".. I mean people who I would happily see dead.... I mean, some times I have a great time. Go out to bars and stuff and meet all kinds of great people, and some genuinely interesting people who I would love to meet again. Although nowdays, in the town at night, its mostly drunk people running around screaming, with too much hair gel and fake tan - and thats just the lads. But usually I have a good time anyway.

But like I said its luck. Because for example, the last time I was there I met a few mates and went to some bars in town, and then I got the bus back to another mates house and then I left the morning after. So my last memories of Liverpool are walking back from the bar to the bus stop. Note: Don't bother reading this if you can't be arsed.

First encounter is as I'm walking, I'm talking to a girl I know, and at the end of the road she was gunna go right, and I was going to go left towards the bus stop. We'd both just got chips and we where eating them as we walked. Before we reach the end of the road, two lads (students, and not scousers btw) where walking towards us, both dead drunk, and one says, "Giz a chip!!!" to the girl, and reaches out with his big fat dirty hand, to grab some out of her little tub thing. She pulls them out the way and tells him to F.Off!! He says something like BAH! and smacks them out of her hand all over the floor. I instinctively go for him, but he ducks and then legs it. Had I not been holding my own chps, and worried about going too far in the defense of some girls honour, who might not even care, I might have done something else. His mate starts pleading with me basically, "Im sorry mate! Forget it! Hes a di** head! He's not worth it! etc...". I felt like I was in some crap movie, and I was too drunk to really care anyway so I just kind of nodded at him and then kept going.

Anyway she goes home one way and I go the other, and my next encounter is some women shuffling around in the end of an alley way. She whispers, "Ehhhhh lad! come ere!". Then she says, "Are you lookin fer business?!?!!". First time I had been asked that, and after a load to drink, it took me a minute to realise what she was on about.. (I quickly debated in my mind if I had accidently stepped in to a shop and she was trying to sell me something). Then she says, "I'll show you the time of yerrr life!!!!!!", so it was pretty clear then. Anyway, I said, "ohhh...errr.. no thanks". And she asks for a light. I light my lighter and she huddles around it like I'm mother theresa or something. Her hands are dirty and covered in wierd dark scabs. She takes about 5 minutes to light her ciggy because she is shaking so much and can't stand still.

Next stop, the bus stop. Im sitting there waiting for the bus and theres 3 young lads in hoodies hanging around (they are about 14 odd year olds). (This is about 4 in the morning or something). They say, "EH LAD! DO YOU LIKE X FACTOR?!!!!!". I'm like, "errrrr wtf? No. Errr..... Yes. I dont know.....". They then start singing to me.... like some kind of RnB acappela something or other... So I'm sitting at the bus stop at 4 in the morning, being serenaded by 3 young hoodies..... like they are trying to "woo" me..

A few people walk past and give us all a suspicious, and confused, look... Like I'm anything to do with anything... Anyway, then they finish and they are all shouting, "WHAT DO YA THINK!??!?! EH?! EH?! EH?! WE'R BOSS ARENT WE?!?!?!!". They where quite good. And then they where asking, "do you think we would win???". I contemplated doing a simon cowell impression but decided against it, and just said "Yeah probly". Which unfortunately, prompted another two or three renditions of whatever it is they where singing. (Mmm baby I like it like that. I like my baby. Baby yeah. Baby, etc.)

Then I get on the bus and its just me and some skin head lad sitting nearby. He keeps hocking up all the flegm in his throat that he can get and then spitting it all over the window. Loads of it is all dripping down the window next to him. I'm just sitting there minding my own business anyway, and then I look over and he is staring at me with these big saucer eyes. Not like "boo!" but more like, "I AM F****ED IN THE HEAD AND I'M GOING TO KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!". Proper psycho look... He is obviously putting a lot of effort into it too. Like REALLY trying hard to look as scary as possible and scare and intimidate me. He is doing a decent job of looking scary, but I'm just too drunk to be intimidated, so I just stare back at him with the best scary look I can manage. It becomes a stare off and I'm reminded of being about 10 years old when people used to do this as kids in school, and then all burst out laughing. But nobody is laughing here. I definitely think he is going to come at me. So as we are staring, I'm trying to decide what I'd do if he dives at me with a knife, and if he just comes at me ready to sqaure off or whatever. My only real plan is that if his arse leaves the seat for anything other than to get off the bus, I'll slam his shiny little peanut shaped head through the nearest window, or die trying.

Luckily after a few tense minutes he gets up and rushes off the bus. I still never figured out whether he was on crack or something, or whether he was just a proper nutter, but something was definitely wrong with him.

And that was my last night out, there. Hardly inspires me to want to go back. But like I said, its all luck. Some nights are great. Some nights are just a series of wierd events that make me glad its happening to me, and not my dad. He grew up in Liverpool and has Liverpool pride... and if this stuff happened to him, I can imagine him properly losing it. And from what I've seen, its pretty much the same in most cities in Britain.
    Last edited by acrobat; 29-08-2007 at 03:30 AM.

13. Received thanks from:

Agent (29-08-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickstart 1 View Post
    Bazzlad are you a yam yam then ?
    I'm actually a higher class Wordslian.

Wordsley (proved to be the centre of the universe by scientists) - is where it's at and is:

20.8 mi from Brum
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...UTF8&z=12&om=1

and 3.4 miles from Dudley (although technically, it falls within the DUDLEY BOROUGH - it's not in Dudley).

Wordsley. Bliss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordsley

Rocket Ronnie was born here. He's cool.

Oh and this

Is the view from my bedroom at my Mother's house.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Nah.. I see your Wordsley and raise you a worsley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worsley

How cools that - yours is 1 more letter than my area and I bet you've not got a ORANGE coloured canal due to the iron within the water from the underground mining and canal system

Thanks

Worsley? Pah - cheap rip off!
    That said one of the big local graffiti's states "Worsley Crew" - I always thought it proved the IQ of people who graffiti, but know I now - it was a declaration of war from the orange canalled(sp?) fake Wordsley rip off possy!

Soon, in Worsley you'll see a Wordsley Crew tag - eye for an eye I say!!!

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Lee beat me to it.

Worsley is the original one, we have Burberry ducks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information