Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get paid for doing surveys...Worth it??

Thanks

Re: Get paid for doing surveys...Worth it??

I did YouGov surveys because it gave an opinion to the media (Times, etc use them) on political stances, and paid per survey.

My only gripe with them is that given the rate they send surveys and the £50 trigger before they'll pay up, it took me nearly 3 years just to get one cheque. Sure it wasn't a heck of a lot of work, but I can't be bothered with something that slow so after the cheque I stopped replying.
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL + GL2450HT
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin4458 View Post
    Get the impression some of u think i cant be assed to work
    Not at all, you're asking for, what appears to be, a quick fix to get money. An easy way out perhaps?

... I have had a part time job since i was 16 with maybe 1 month break in those 6 years. I have carriedmyself through 3 years of uni already working part-time but now i want to try soemthing different.
    Good, but as a student you can't work full time so your options are limited, shift work (McDonalds for example) you still have to be studious and work hard (without being paid)

So please dont act as if you've been there and have slogged away for 40 years doing a boring job and that everyone has to do it, and dont try find an easy way out etc. little annoying. I asked for suggestions which some of you have given.
    I didn't. Everyone, if they want money, has to earn it (within reason). How hard you "slog" is up to you.

Why tell me to get a job at mcdonalds? u dont think i had thought of that?
    I didn't, but it may be an option. What about doing the night shift at a supermarket refilling the shelves. OK it's dull, but it pays well.

EDIT: I type slow, ikonia beat me to most of my content already
    |Kata: "Read title as 'fisting'. Not sure why I clicked. Relieved, really."|
    |TAKTAK: "It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it"|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikonia View Post
    There are no different options to earn money, you do a job, you get paid. Your a student and thats not a slur, but your options are limited due to your study requirments.

You come across as trying to find an easy way out of working, in this post and your other one.

You appear to have a slight issue with people telling you want to do as you feel above them because they have one GCSE. The sad fact is this is something you'll have to get used to in your working career as some of the higher placed people in any career will undoubtable have fewer qualifications, or in some cases experience, but at the end of the day they are your boss/supirior in the work place, so the sooner you start accepting that and dealing with it, the easier you'll find it. Go to Mcdonalds work there, let the 16 year old 1 GCSE order you about and smile thinking, "this pays for my study I'll be out soon, this is YOUR life though" Knowing the job is a means to end should make it easier.

I'm sure you have but you don't want to accept that this sort of job for a student is the best way to earn money. Just as a side issue, you may want to think about online gambling and how it can effect your career in future, it may not be relevant but security checks/clearance can well be failed because you played poker, more so at key times such as university. Just food for thought.
    I was merely stating that id rather not be pushed around by a boss like my old one at waitrose who lacks any form of social skills. I dont have to get used to that, waitrose/mcdonalds...same thing. I dont come across as trying to find the easy way out at all. I've told u what ive done i nthe past and if i wanted an easy way out i would have started to look ages ago, so think first then type? And there is only so long u can say "oh well its only to pay the bills" ive had a career change through uni meaning i have to spend 5 years here instead of 3, so i thought it might be nice to look for something different, thats all i was asking.

Just killsme when people say, jsut get any job, u have no choice, when u forget or dont know that they push u to work hours u dont want to, and im not doing jsut any mickey mouse course, i dont have the time.
    Last edited by Merlin4458; 21-11-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks

I'm fraid thats how you do come across, and your totally right, you don't have to put up with being pushed around, in which case complain, or change jobs to another student/part time based situation, not ever place will have a moron for a boss bullying you.

Yes they can push you to work extra hours, just say no, ok, that harms your promotion prospects, but as your not in it for a career just cash to pay thorugh uni, so what ?

People are saying "get a job" because it is the best and most realistic option for you.

so think first then type?

Your attitude towards critisism, or experienced views is a little poor. The dicussions I've posted in this thread for you, and the other one you posted which also appears like an "easy way out" thread have been throught through, provide balanced pros and cons and even different slants to help you get through it.

I appriciate how hard it is to face the trudge of tedious work on a day to day basis, but it is the harsh reality of the situation, to be paid you have to do work and as a student your options are limited. The fact that you've done it for so long and your so close to the end should be fuel to enthuse you to one more year of it, coming out of uni debt free or with low debt will serve you well in the future and something thats worth working for and tduging through shelf stacking for.

Someone offered some EXCELLENT advice which is if possible get your part time work in th field your studying, without knowing what your doing this may be impractical, but I've seen it count for so much on a CV / job interview with graduates if they are working in the field they are studing/applying for a job in over someone who has done shelf stacking.

Another option you may want to consider is security guard. The hours are flexible with shift work and night shift can be an excellent way to do some study,
    Last edited by ikonia; 21-11-2007 at 03:02 PM.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks

Things I have done as part-time jobs while a student :

Cinema Projectionist
    Post Office Parcels delivery (over Christmas holiday - 2 years running)
    Driving Builders delivery pick-up truck (Summer Vacation)
    Petrol Station assistant
    Bakery assistant

so it doesn't have to be Mc-wotsits or shelf stacking...

Thanks

no such thing as a get rich quick scheme, basically get a job in sales, sell your ass off enjoy.

jobs in retail outlets are great at this time of year loads of bargains and pricing errors so that you can buy stuff cheap and unload on ebay, plus the inside track on wiis etc being in stock...

Thanks

Ive done a lot of part time/temporary/unskilled work..

I hate retail, call centers, data entry, and im sure I would hate fast food etc.. jobs.

Delivery jobs are probably not too bad.. I want to try it some time.. but you need to have a driving licence and usually over 21.

royal mail is not too bad, the pay is good, plenty of overtime which is optional, 4 hours a day.. this is for mail centre stuff, local offices have a lot less staff and much less flexible I assume. Quite a few people I work with have second jobs and a few are at college/uni. Im too lazxy to do that.. just do the basic 20 hours a week with the occasional overtime... soon to be a lot more overtime.. my card is getting full :/

If you want fast money, look at shares. There is risk, but I believe that it is quite safe if you spend some time and effort reading up about how it all works - which I have yet to do.
    Some people have made huge quantities of money this month from northan rock. Lots of people made losses from £12 a share down to £1 now, BUT yesterday it was 60p a share - its not going to get much lower, and imo is a very safe and risk free time to buy.
    Also I think there will be many more share opportunities soon.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

I've tried itsyourview and it sucked. I've tried to do several of their surveys and always after I answer a few questions my opinions are not wanted. My guess is they just want the first few answers for free and they are taking the pee. I've made no money and wasted hours of time, well more than an hour I think. Avoid.

Thanks

Get a job you joke.

Custom User Title
    Thanks
    • cougarslam's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Formula SE (ROG)
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Nvidia 8800GT OC 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Zorro
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Business 32
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 17" crt
      • Internet:
      • adsl max (entanet)

busk with a cardboard guitar.

Thanks

Yes..I'm the new guy ( Awesome board )

First time posting here.
    So, I'm looking for some feedback about the forum from regulars.
    Looking to meet new people to exchange info with.
    Peace,
    Last edited by 0iD; 25-05-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: wham spam no thankyou mam

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Re: Yes..I'm the new guy ( Awesome board )

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJewel View Post
    First time posting here.
    So, I'm looking for some feedback about the forum from regulars.
    Looking to meet new people to exchange info with.
    Peace,
    Hi, welcome etc.
    What sort of feedback? It's probably the greatest forum on the net, 'nuff said. Just look around, find your feet, don't spam/flame/troll & all will be cool. Step out of line & you'll get slapped up mit dem banhammer.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks

Whoops
    Last edited by Vetro; 26-05-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks

This thread is over 2 years old. Oddly enough, I actually remember it even though I did not post in it o.O

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

Whats wrong with him asking for quick ways of making easy money/if any exist? I know how stressfully life can be at uni at times (it is & isn't everything that people say it is). Its not like he is asking for you to give him the money...

Look up quidco matey, things like car insurance (which you have to get...) can earn you £75+ cash back just by clicking to the suppliers website thru quidco.

There are a few trials for various things which will get you a few quid here & there, and just things like ordering t-mobile/tescos sims gets you a few quid here. iv managed to get £87 (75 from car insurance) over the last couple of weeks without any chnage inbuying habits/money iv had to spend!

edit; oops, just noticed how old it is myself. Serves me right for skipping the last few posts!

Thanks

Just Saying Hello

Hey I just joined too, welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information