• Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

School reunion

Through the powers of Face Book one of the girls I used to be in the same year with at school is arranging a reunion of all the people that left in 1998 (can't believe it was 10 years ago that I left school)

I've decided that I am going, and to be quite honest I'm very nervouse about it, mainly because for all my school life I was pretty much the school punch bag, abnd alot of those people that did the punching will be going by the looks of things. I kinda know that alot of these peole will have moved on and I'm pretty sure that all of what I went through at school will all be forgotten about (well I hope so anyway)

What actually goes on at these things ?? I haven't seen half the people that are going since I left school 10 years ago.

Anyway that bit a side, I mean ok I am 26 I think by now I can handle a bit of name calling I spose. I've decided that I really should loose some weight, I mean you only have to use the name I post with here (well anywhere on the internet really) that I might be a quite a chunky person (40 inch waste in trousers) and mainly because of this reunion, and secondly because I still don't want to be the same "Fat Simon" was one of the names I picked up in school, I actually want to be a lot slimmer than I am now. Just so that I can look differnt and look as if I'm a bit more confident than I was 10 years ago.

Not an easy task, considering I weigh in at 17 stoneish (yes I admit it, I'm a fat bloater !!) and would like to loose at least 2 - 3 stone, I think thats a doable figure in the time I've got seeing as it's all setup for June 7th.

I don't really know why I'm posting this up, just felt like getting it off my chest.

Thanks

Re: School reunion

Fair play to you dude.

I've put on a lot of weight over the last three years... so I've given up anything chocolate or with chocolate in it and so far I've lost four pounds in two weeks.

And seeing the weight come off makes it worth it and inspires you to carry on.

And you really should go to the reunion, no matter what. I skipped my ten year reunion and I regret it. Sure, it might've been complete rubbish but then again it might've been great... and now I'll never know... and just hope that someone decides to kick off another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

It just sorta hammeered home the other day when I realised how much crap I was eating, bacon rolls or cheese burgers pretty much every day from the burger van outside of work, when I could have had somethng much better for me at home.

you are right its basically cutting back on the stuff like, crisps, choclate and allt he coke I seem to drink, although not as much as I used to.

I told one of my work colleagues and she was quite supportive about it, which was nice and like she said I have a goal to work for, motivation to actually do it. May also increase my chances with the ladies. It's just a matter of sticking to it. Perhaps a bit more exercise too, rather than just moving my mouse.

I'm going to go, just see what has become of the people I went to school with, to see if I really was as hated as it seemed at the time (is that healthy ?) I know the organiser really wants me to go, I never really had any problems with her.

Thanks

Hey, I am a roly-poly, fat, ruddy-faced lump and I only come out once a year but people still love me. Go an' have fun. The past is the past an' kids are kids; things'll be different now. Oh, and "Fat Simon" isn't very imaginative is it? Sticks an' stones.
    As Nick says, fair play to you.

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by santa claus View Post
    Hey, I am a roly-poly, fat, ruddy-faced lump and I only come out once a year but people still love me. Go an' have fun. The past is the past an' kids are kids; things'll be different now. Oh, and "Fat Simon" isn't very imaginative is it? Sticks an' stones.
    As Nick says, fair play to you.
    That was one of the more cleaner versions of what I was called at school, the others are way too rude to post here, that and they'd get me banned lol.

Thanks

Dude, I reckon just about everyone on here was picked on as a child at some point.

Kids can be nasty little buggers but that doesn't mean they'll grow into nasty adults... And there's no way I'd let anything from my past stop me enjoying myself now.

If you think about it, how likely is it that someone is gonna turn round and say "Woah! Here's Fat Simon!!!"? It's far more likely that the name-callers will be embarrassed about how they acted and at the very least will be polite and civil, if not outright friendly and glad to see a face from the past.

Ages ago I bumped into a guy who I used to regular go up against at school, a proper cowardly bully, and he was as nice as could be... of course I told him to go and have a sexual encounter with himself as I hated him then and hate him still, but everyone else I've met since leaving school has been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Dude, I reckon just about everyone on here was picked on as a child at some point.

Kids can be nasty little buggers but that doesn't mean they'll grow into nasty adults... And there's no way I'd let anything from my past stop me enjoying myself now.

If you think about it, how likely is it that someone is gonna turn round and say "Woah! Here's Fat Simon!!!"? It's far more likely that the name-callers will be embarrassed about how they acted and at the very least will be polite and civil, if not outright friendly and glad to see a face from the past.

Ages ago I bumped into a guy who I used to regular go up against at school, a proper cowardly bully, and he was as nice as could be... of course I told him to go and have a sexual encounter with himself as I hated him then and hate him still, but everyone else I've met since leaving school has been great.
    I know mate, and the chances of it happening are very very slim. I doubt the ones that gave me the most bother will be there (mainly because they are too thick to use a computer) But it was 13 years straight bullying from primary school all the way to the end of GCSE's

But I know at the end of the day people change, and over the last 10 years at some point or other we have all been through the university of life, that does have a tendency to change people and make them better people.

Thanks
    • kidzer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • $motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TiB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec P160
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Viewsonic
      • Internet:
      • ~3Mbps ADSL (TalkTalk Business)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    QFT, I got plenty in Primary School - being thrown into solid metal radiators and death threats via phonecall topped my list!

I'd say go for it for sure, I'm quite looking forward to a School Reunion if my year ever have one (our 10 year one will be in 9 years I guess, I keep thinking its 8 though, as I left after 5the year - and I can't count )
    "If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"
    - me, 2005

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by kidzer View Post
    QFT, I got plenty in Primary School - being thrown into solid metal radiators and death threats via phonecall topped my list!

I'd say go for it for sure, I'm quite looking forward to a School Reunion if my year ever have one (our 10 year one will be in 9 years I guess, I keep thinking its 8 though, as I left after 5the year - and I can't count )
    I am going it's just I tend to worry more than most about such things at times.

Certainly not going to let my bad memories rule my future.

Thanks

13 years of bullying must have seemed like a vendetta although I doubt that the bullies ever gave it that much thought. Sadly, bullying can be a form of bonding and it's 'better' to be on the inside. Put it behind you Simon; those days are over.

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by santa claus View Post
    13 years of bullying must have seemed like a vendetta although I doubt that the bullies ever gave it that much thought. Sadly, bullying can be a form of bonding and it's 'better' to be on the inside. Put it behind you Simon; those days are over.
    That they are, and that is the plan

No use in dwelling on whats been and gone.

Thanks
    • kidzer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • $motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TiB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec P160
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Viewsonic
      • Internet:
      • ~3Mbps ADSL (TalkTalk Business)

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I am going
    So you are, just re-read your first post again! Woopsage!
    "If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"
    - me, 2005

Tech-ignorant Factoid
    Thanks

Good on you for deciding to go, I reckon a fair few people who had it that bad would become recluses or something similar, I bet I would've if it lasted that long to me.

You put on weight by eating bacon rolls, cheeseburgers and snack food... why doesn't that work for me? That's all I eat, yet on really bad-weather days (cold and soaking), people have been able to see my heart beating (obviously not the actual heart, it's covered with skin still), that's how thin and bony I am

I want a school reunion! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until about 2015 for that or 2017 if sixth form is counted

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants

Quote Originally Posted by Elyk View Post
    You put on weight by eating bacon rolls, cheeseburgers and snack food... why doesn't that work for me? That's all I eat, yet on really bad-weather days (cold and soaking), people have been able to see my heart beating (obviously not the actual heart, it's covered with skin still), that's how thin and bony I am
    You're still a teenager, you don't start putting on weight until you hit your twenties.

And back on topic.
    I was continuously bullied at school for being who I am. I didn't follow the crowd, I knew too much. It makes me, me and I'm glad I stuck by it.

I've spoken since to some of the "perps" and it's all water under the bridge, I've even had some apologies.

I would say, send some of the people you're a bit nervous about a message on Facebook saying "hey, heard you're going to the reunion, it'll be good to catch up" and see what the response is. Hopefully they'll have grown up by 26 (doesn't always happen) but it deffo worked for me. And if it gives you the motivation to lose some weight, then great!

Good luck anyway and let us know how you get on.

Tech-ignorant Factoid
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    You're still a teenager, you don't start putting on weight until you hit your twenties.
    Well, actually, I was rather chubby until I first went to school, then I went downhill You'd have thought I might have stayed more towards that end of the scale

The general response on here is right though, even after just a year or too (like 17 yo +) people start to be civil, I met a few of my old tormentors when I was visiting some of my friends, and they were nice as, even invited me to hang out with them at Blackpool for the day (I declined that though, couldn't afford such breaks )

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I didn't go to mine last year - no regrets, no nothing, school was a forgettable experience but no real grudge or whatever. It just wasn't something I found important enough to spend money hiring a kilt for.

I bump into people I went to school with sometimes, who I never really had a connection with, who I got on great with . . . but most haven't quite changed, and some of the stories Ive heard from other ex-classmates about them I reckon they should be locked up, but hey. I

I was continuously bullied at school for being who I am. I didn't follow the crowd, I knew too much. It makes me, me and I'm glad I stuck by it.
    Likewise, I was bullied for not being a follower - I was really good at sport, but hated the jock-lad-rugger-bugger attitutes and had a very uncompetitive/anti-competitive nature at the time, so I never hung around them and made myself quite clear I didn't want to have anything to do with them socially (I know, great team player!).

I was actively flyering for a club once, and handed out a flyer to someone who looked familiar - he was probably my biggest nemesis at school, and I realised his whole school pack were there too. He threw the flyer at me and I told him "Thanks, thats one less asshole we've got to worry about" - he responded as per usual as if it were in school, to try and land a punch on me. The others restrained him, there was a lot of police around, and I actually felt sorry for him, I just smiled and left saying "Nice to know you've not changed."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information