Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving Lesson

Thanks
    My insturctor seems to treat every lesson like a test now (only had 10 lessons) We'll be driving along, i'll make a turn and he'll say "sorry, you've failed this lesson" and chuckles to himself. I then have to ask what i did wrong. What i wanta know is why letting the wheel slip back in ur hands after tyurning a corner is a major

Ben

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ben
    My insturctor seems to treat every lesson like a test now (only had 10 lessons) We'll be driving along, i'll make a turn and he'll say "sorry, you've failed this lesson" and chuckles to himself. I then have to ask what i did wrong. What i wanta know is why letting the wheel slip back in ur hands after tyurning a corner is a major

Ben
    cos you have to be in control of the car at all times. and although you probably are, if a child was to run out from behind a car, you'd grab the wheel and things go down hill form there

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by streetster
    if you're about to stall whack the clutch in and try again

when's your next lesson then howard? same time next week?

do you have a car to practice in.. my rents are finally gonna get my insured on my mums astra so i'll be able to practice more
    Yeah 11:30 next Wednesday.

I have a car, yeah. Little Fiat Cinquecento, so after a few lessons my dad will take me out and we can get in a bit of practice.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    hmmm, i'll try to keep of the roads when you're about then how far does 'South East UK' cover... you wouldnt be venturing anywhere close to hampshire i'm hoping

anyhow sounds good

also, how long is it usually before people start to enter themselves for the theory exam? (like after a month or two of driving or what?)

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    My brother lives near Hampshire, but I'm crap with directions so I'd probably get lost on the way!! Lol
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    streetster, just book it now. give yourself a month max to learn the Highway Code and go for it

Thanks
    just read the book and you'll be fine. did mine after two lessons.

also once you have passed your test, you learn how to drive properly...
    First priority when you get in the car is radio/music...get that blasting before you do anything else like seatbelt etc...
    Also if there are two lanes at traffic lights and you feel like a boy racer always rev your weeny 1.0l ka engine loads and watch the BMW next to roar off into the distance when the lights change...lol
    Never feed the wheels through your hands, infact you only really need on hand anyway.

Lol ok I'll stop now.
    Twigman

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    i was pretty rubbish to start with, i put off learning for ages cos i wanted to be environmentally friendly & not add to pollution levels by driving a car

i eventually realised this was a rubbish idea so started learning, nearly got good enough to take my test (but not quite)then broke my leg

by the time i got back to it i'd forgotten most of what i'd learnt & had to start again - took me aaages & cost a fortune!

stick with it tho mate, after the first few it starts to make sense & then its really exilarating & you won't be able to get enough of it
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    Well I had tons o' fun!

Course the worst thing I did was accelerate to fast out of a T-junction on a blind curve, almost slamming into the opposite wall. Then have cars come speeding round at 60. That freaked my instructor! He was an ex-cop instructor by the way. I passed 1st time. He charged about 14 per lesson if I remember rightly!

Course now I live in Tucson, AZ, USA. What a complete doss the test is here.

First, when you turn 16 you can get your 'permit' allowing you to drive with someone who's over 21 or 23 or something with an actual licence. Most people here learn that way, they don't pay for an instructor. No-one here I know has ever used one.

Then of course there's what they call "Driver's Ed", a class where by you can bypass most if not all of the test is you pass it.

Of course, should you choose to take the actual test, fear not! After the theory test is over, the practical consists of driving round a bit on Tucson's very flat, very wide roads, and completing only one manouvre - three point or parallel park. Both of which take place at the driving center within some cones.

And that's it, congratulations, you're now 16, completely inept, and able to legally drive!

Ha ha ha ha, you must be joing right?

Er no.

No?

What a piece of poop!

*Ahem*

G.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information