Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat in a Box!

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cat in a Box!

I think he ment there are large number of cats in the population, more than there should be for balance. Not that they are heard animals.

Cats destroy the natural environment, they kill for recreation, thats fine, I prefer steak to some veggie mush. But lets remember they are kept in high numbers, far more than they could sustain if we weren't feeding them too.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AledJ View Post
    As a cat owner I think you need some fresh air! I can not believe you think cat owners should follow their cat, just in case it leaves it business behind. I mean why don't we ask all seagulls/pigeons to stop flying about, as their mess could cause us harm??? Please think next time!!
    Yet me, as a dog owner are expected to follow my dog around when its out and clear up after it, to the point that if I dont I get a fine and there are certain places I cant even walk the dogs due to the mess they make.
    Your making yourself sound like an idiot by going from pets to wild animals to try and prove your argument, cats/dogs are nothing like seaguls/pigeons etc as they are PETS!!

As for pregnant women.........what about rats/seagulls etc are they not just as much a threat?
    Not as much no, rats etc will generally avoid human contact, where as cats wont.

I know both my cats (one has now died) would not roam in any kind of group. Do you think cats have now formed some cat chav group? And as for being a menace there no more a menace than rats etc
    Really, you know what your cats do when they are left to wonder around while your not there, do you have some sort of catgps/webcam setup going on, or are your cats house cats that dont go out?

As for this cat in the bin incident I was shocked at the ladies actions! I mean if she did not like cats fair enough, but no need to then put it in a bin. There are plenty of people I don't like but i'm not going to put them in a bin.
    At least you seem to have your head visible for this part, and I agree.

Oh and as for some on here not liking cats due to them going through gardens etc, what do you suggest we do with chavs who have invaded the streets at night?
    That is a completely different conversation, and there are things like ASBO's etc to deal with these 'tards, yet cat owners get what? nothing.. So again, an invalid and none related point..

3. Received thanks from:

dbh (25-08-2010),Zadock (25-08-2010)

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I'm always amused and confused by how much more people (particularly the British) care about cats and dogs than their fellow man
    This is true and I've seen it myself. I've seen people purchasing the cheapest of the cheap food in supermarkets and then they add to their trolley the gormet food for their pets which costs about 1/2 of what they are spending on food.

It's madness and shocking at the same time how people can treat their own pets better than they can treat their neighbours.

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

Quote Originally Posted by AledJ View Post
    As a cat owner I think you need some fresh air! I can not believe you think cat owners should follow their cat, just in case it leaves it business behind. I mean why don't we ask all seagulls/pigeons to stop flying about, as their mess could cause us harm??? Please think next time!!

As for pregnant women.........what about rats/seagulls etc are they not just as much a threat?

What are these large numbers of cats you talk about?? I know both my cats (one has now died) would not roam in any kind of group. Do you think cats have now formed some cat chav group? And as for being a menace there no more a menace than rats etc

I can tell you do not like cats at all, but your ideas are a bit loopy!

As for this cat in the bin incident I was shocked at the ladies actions! I mean if she did not like cats fair enough, but no need to then put it in a bin. There are plenty of people I don't like but i'm not going to put them in a bin.

Oh and as for some on here not liking cats due to them going through gardens etc, what do you suggest we do with chavs who have invaded the streets at night?

Woah! Calm down, theres not need to be insulting.

For the record I do like cats and I would not put one in a wheelie bin!

Ok...

First off, yes there is a risk from any animal waste. However, the risk of contact is far lower since the animals you list are not (generally) domesticated. My point is that other pet owners have an accountability that cat owners do not.

If you own a dog you have to take it for a walk on a lead and follow it round so why not stick your cat on a lead? thats not a derranged suggestion, people do it. Saying that my ideas are loopy just says that your a lazy, you bought a pet take responsibility for it! I'm quite sure that you wouldn't like it if some elses animal came over your fence and crapped all over your lawn where your kids play?

Thirdly, where I live there are large numbers of cats the owners just let them breed. Again, responsibility, thats the thing RESPONSIBILITY. I don't think its unreasonable to ask that people take responsibility for their pets.

Last of all, what do chavs have to do with it? I've never had a chav take a crap in my garden but I would pick up a chav and put him in a wheelie bin if he did

(Ahh Trig you beat me too it, I took far too long to write that. I was a little bit angry :-( )

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

Thanks

Thanks
    • AdamAnubis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-EP45-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel E8400 Stock cooler + speeds
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 2x2gb
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Seagate Barracude S-ATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • VX2240 Viewsoic 22"
      • Internet:
      • 2MB Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by matty-hodgson View Post
    That's because dogs have worth as an animal . All cats do ***** all over my garden and wind the dog up making it bark. Horrible creatures imo.

And for all you people who have no humour, this is a joke.
    You're missing out world domination.

Thanks

To qualify my original post, I was not suggesting that if people protest to neighbours about cats making a mess then the outcome should be that cats be kept indoors. I was objecting to people complaining about cats in their garden as if their grievance is with the cat, who as far as it is concerned is in its own territory, and has no idea you think it is in yours.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

Quote Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
    To qualify my original post, I was not suggesting that if people protest to neighbours about cats making a mess then the outcome should be that cats be kept indoors. I was objecting to people complaining about cats in their garden as if their grievance is with the cat, who as far as it is concerned is in its own territory, and has no idea you think it is in yours.

Its generally not a problem...

If you have razor wire and landmines

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek but I have never been a cat person. Having had them leave scratches down my bonnet (warm bonnet in winter used to attract them like nobody business) and having seen what they do to ducks/ducklings I find them nothing but viscous senseless creatures.

I think the media needs to have a check up as well, it's a cat, does it really need to be treated as if it was Christ reincarnated?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andehh View Post
    it's a cat, does it really need to be treated as if it was Christ reincarnated?
    Let us nail them to the nearest cross!

12. Received thanks from:

[GSV]Trig (25-08-2010)

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Yet me, as a dog owner are expected to follow my dog around when its out and clear up after it, to the point that if I dont I get a fine and there are certain places I cant even walk the dogs due to the mess they make.
    Do cats leave massive piles of "mess" all over pavements where people walk? Nope. They (normally) make a little hole in the dirt, go to the loo in it and cover it up. Toms are the exception who spray everywhere, but something should be done about that and it should be on the owner to control their pet.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Andehh View Post
    I think the media needs to have a check up as well, it's a cat, does it really need to be treated as if it was Christ reincarnated?
    Pets normally have owners, those owners normally love their pets. For me, my cats were almost a part of my family and I was devestated when they passed away a few years back. This may be "just a cat" to you, and even the lady who put it in the bin, but remember that most pets have loving owners who appreciate the comfort and companionship they bring so therefore will care about such cruelty to anyone's pet, despite what it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zadock View Post
    Woah! Calm down, theres not need to be insulting.

For the record I do like cats and I would not put one in a wheelie bin!

Ok...

First off, yes there is a risk from any animal waste. However, the risk of contact is far lower since the animals you list are not (generally) domesticated. My point is that other pet owners have an accountability that cat owners do not.

If you own a dog you have to take it for a walk on a lead and follow it round so why not stick your cat on a lead? thats not a derranged suggestion, people do it. Saying that my ideas are loopy just says that your a lazy, you bought a pet take responsibility for it! I'm quite sure that you wouldn't like it if some elses animal came over your fence and crapped all over your lawn where your kids play?

Thirdly, where I live there are large numbers of cats the owners just let them breed. Again, responsibility, thats the thing RESPONSIBILITY. I don't think its unreasonable to ask that people take responsibility for their pets.

Last of all, what do chavs have to do with it? I've never had a chav take a crap in my garden but I would pick up a chav and put him in a wheelie bin if he did

(Ahh Trig you beat me too it, I took far too long to write that. I was a little bit angry :-( )
    Just for the record I do own a dog as well so know full well what walk etc involve. As for being insulting sorry if you took it that way, but your idea were just a bit daft. Cats are independent for the most part and happy to be left alone, where as dogs want that human contact all the time. Walking a cat on a lead is...... well mad!

I am responsible with the pets I own!!! My cat is a rescue one with all the vaccinations, and also had the operation so no more kittens would roam. The dog too has had the op! Since were talking about responsibility what about dog owners?? Remember I do own a dog so I take responsibility for what it does. I have seen plenty of people who shoudl not own a dog! Should we now restrict them to keeping in the house?

The thing is if it was not the cat doing its business in your garden then it would something else! As I have said you can not treat a dog as you would treat a cat, two different creatures with different personal traits.

seen, but not often heard
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Pets normally have owners, those owners normally love their pets. For me, my cats were almost a part of my family and I was devestated when they passed away a few years back. This may be "just a cat" to you, and even the lady who put it in the bin, but remember that most pets have loving owners who appreciate the comfort and companionship they bring so therefore will care about such cruelty to anyone's pet, despite what it is.
    This...

im neither a cat/dog/fish/reptile person, but i do like pets (as long as i dont need to look after them), but what this woman did was plain wrong.

The cat seemed quite friendly, wanted a bit of attention (and got it) and then got dumped horribly in a bin!
    If the cat had attacked her/hissed/got aggressive in any way, then yes, i can understand why she might have done it.

She even looked around to make sure no one was watching. Cold, Calculated and just evil.
    The Karl Pilkington of Hexus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dshepsman View Post
    She even looked around to make sure no one was watching. Cold, Calculated and just evil.
    Exactly the kind of behaviour people would be rushing to defend if it was tiddles who perpetrated the birdie massacre.

Its a cat, get over it, I bet you a young child has been put in a wheelie bin this week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
    And how do cats sort out territorial issues?
    Perhaps I could go around and p*** and s*** on my own garden to "mark" my territory.
    Wonder how long that'd work for before I got done by the police

Failing that, they fight, my moneys not on the cat in a me vs cat battle..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information