• Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: U.f.o disclosure project

Quote Originally Posted by nibbler View Post
    Or we could all just believe what we want to believe and get on with out lives without getting annoyed by others who don't agree.
    I believe that Moose transcend space,time and....gravity!

Thanks
    • nibbler's system
      • CPU:
      • i5-2410m
      • Memory:
      • 6GB ddr3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Plextor M5S SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB 6650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit

Well that's a given, nobody was even debating that
    Join the HEXUS Folding@home Team!!

3. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (28-09-2010)

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Quote Originally Posted by petercook7 View Post
    chuckskull just because we can't detect them doesnt mean they arent there, have you ever thought that our tech isnt up to standard? What about the steath plane radar couldnt detect that or if it did it was interpreted as a bird. Your telling me in space there is no life apart from ours? you believe more in a god than in other life?
    Your the same type of person hundreds of years ago would say the world is flat and goes on forever and there was no space, typical human responce unable to see the bigger picture only able to understand his time frame and unable to open the mind to the unthinkable, dont worry its a common human problem.
    You might want to try reading my posts before replying to them.

Thanks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ry-pilots.html

Col Charles Halt said he saw a UFO at the former military base RAF Bentwaters, near Ipswich, 30 years ago, during which he saw beams of light fired into the base then heard on the military radio that aliens had landed inside the nuclear storage area.

He said: "I believe that the security services of both the United States and the United Kingdom have attempted - both then and now - to subvert the significance of what occurred at RAF Bentwaters by the use of well-practised methods of disinformation."

The site was then the base of the US 81st Tactical Fighter Wing.

Thanks
    • Fraz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X58A-UD5
      • CPU:
      • Watercooled i7-980X @ 4.2 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Crucial DDR3-1333
      • Storage:
      • 240 GB Vertex2E + 2 TB of Disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Water-cooled Sapphire 7970 @ 1175/1625
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modu87+
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700D
      • Operating System:
      • Linux Mint 12 / Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 30" 3008WFP and two Dell 24" 2412M
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60 Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    if the universe is infinite
    The universe isn't infinite, just very very large. I guess it's a sphere with radius age_of_universe_in_seconds * speed_of_light.

However, as it's impossible to ever reach the universe's boundary, it's effectively infinite...

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there any corroboration of what he claims to have seen or heard? And the term "Alien" is not exclusive to the description of extra-terrestrial beings. Ask an immigration officer for example about "Illegal aliens" - I don't think he means extra-terrestrials!

And Americans tend to use the term Alien far more loosely than we do in the UK so IF what he heard was true it could just as easily have referred to an intruder of earthly origin as not.

Again - I'm not denying the possibility, but there are more plausible explanations to be explored and eliminated before the extra-terrestrial one is accepted.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    And Americans tend to use the term Alien far more loosely than we do in the UK so IF what he heard was true it could just as easily have referred to an intruder of earthly origin as not.
    You mean a Ruskie??

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Cat-the-debunker

10. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (29-09-2010)

Thanks
    • Tonka777's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z170-A
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • 128gb 830 & 1Tb+1Tb+500Gb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower 650
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC7-FW
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq E2220HD & Iiyama E1900WS
      • Internet:
      • Sky ADSL2

For anyone with a passing interest who wants to learn a few facts, i can really recommend this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...488097-3287636

Someone mentioned that it would be in a Governments or Countries interest to embrace advanced propulsion and energy sources, and use it to their advantage, but a country is nothing without their industries and the money they make. What would happen to the fuel and aerospace industry worldwide if one country suddenly began using advanced or alien craft that do not run on fossil fuels? I'm not sure those industries would stand by and do nothing to prevent a new product coming along and rendering their business obsolete, and if they did, a lot of rich and powerful people would suddenly find themselves back at the bottom of the pile.

If there is nothing to hide, then why do all these professional people feel the need to come forward and talk about their past and explain their sightings, after they have left the services. And if there is nothing going on up there, why are there so many clear, concise reports from the sort of upstanding members of community that you would take the word of on any other subject?

Some of the reports in the book above really made my spine tingle, and while there are definitely lots of easily explained UFO sightings, there are enough incidents to really make any one with a little intelligence think. Where does it stop though, no one has mentioned crop circles yet. If all crop circles are made by a bunch of yokels with planks of wood, I'm Mother Theresa!

No part of my post is meant to be insulting, I don't know what is going on, and I don't buy into to all the conspiracy theories going, but I do want to know who is flying what around the skies of this planet. I now find it surprising that some people can do no research on the subject and dismiss it without a second glance, even though I did just that before reading the book above!

Is disclosure upon us, or is the the media still trying to protect us?
    Last edited by Tonka777; 29-09-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Black Omega van pulled up outside... :-)

Thanks
    • Brucelles's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • AMD A8-6600K APU
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 800
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb Samsung, 320 Gb no name I can recall, 500Gb Sandisk SDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY - XLR8 GeForce 8800GTS
      • PSU:
      • 550W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Zalman
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27C590H
      • Internet:
      • Orange Livebox Wireless ADSL - Sucks something rotten, and SFR Neuf box. Sucks less.

A few weeks later Mr Halt was told by his boss that the lights were back and so he went back out into the forest with a couple of policeman, a camera and a cassette recorder.

At the site he saw 'indentations of around six to eight feet wide' and increased levels of radiation as well as broken branches on the trees.

Mr Halt said: 'Milling around, one of the individuals saw a bright glowing object like an eye. It would appear to be winking and was shedding molten metal and silently moving through the trees and at one point it actually approached us.'

He said that the object then exploded into five white objects which became visible in the sky.

They were brightly coloured changing from elliptical to round as if they were moving at very high speed. '

Suddenly one of the objects sent a concentrated beam at the feet of the terrified men.

'Was this a warning? An attempt to communicate? A weapon? Then just as suddenly as it appeared, it disappeared,' he said.
    So, did he use the cassette recorder to measure the radiation levels? and what happened to the photographs? and do the cops confirm his story?

(Thanks Evilmunky)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes.

Thanks

i saw one... but no one believed me so i stopped talking about it.. now i question, if i had seen one or not.

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelles View Post
    So, did he use the cassette recorder to measure the radiation levels? and what happened to the photographs? and do the cops confirm his story?
    The man speaks sense!

It baffles me that all these encounters are either:

a) Military veterans - it's always veterans, no doubt on a poor pension and in need of some recognition
    b) Pilots - normally military, reporting UFOs travelling much faster than they are
    c) Ignorant civilians - usually people with a single digit IQ who "wus dusting his crops" when them "forners" came.

We have the largest ground based telescope in the world beaming out messages to these guys, and they choose to go to the government or weirdos first? These guys who keep visiting us all the time - the odds of us interacting with anything in this universe are low enough, so things landing on Earth every month seems a little patchy to me - are never spotted by amateurs with equipment or scientists with better equipment?

Come on, do you seriously believe that these alien visitors are that good to only leave traces of them being here that are only detectable to people with fanciful imaginations and poor memory?

http://homepage.mac.com/lpetrich/www...Paradoxes.html

@Fraz - the universe is bigger than that by a long shot. If you believe some modern cosmology theories, the universal expansion rate is a fair bit faster than the speed of light. Note to sceptics that this is space itself expanding, so it's not a violation of SR. It's something like 93 billion light years according to wiki - and that's just the observable universe!
    Last edited by Whiternoise; 29-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.

15. Received thanks from:

Fraz (30-09-2010)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j1979 View Post
    i saw one... but no one believed me so i stopped talking about it.. now i question, if i had seen one or not.
    So did I.

I wouldn't say it was a flying saucer, though it bore more than a passing resemblance to one. As far as I'm concerned, it was a UFO, because it was or at least appeared to be an object, it was or at least appeared to be flying, and it sure as hell was unidentified. I know what it wasn't, but don't have the first idea what it was. Oh, and what it did defies the possibility of it being any form of conventional aircraft or projectile.

So was it visiting aliens? I've no idea. But I do have three thoughts ....

1) The possibility of there being life, and even intelligent life, existing on another planet out there seems to be statistically very high indeed. Near certain, even.

2) My grasp of physics is little better than (or maybe not as good as) schoolboy level, but having had this discussion with people that are experts, I believe them when they say that unless our understanding of physics is missing something of whopping importance, and a lot of what we think we know is wrong, then FTL travel for physical beings (or anything else) is impossible.

However, I concede the possibility that we are missing something and we have got a load of stuff wrong. It would be arrogant of me, with so little knowledge, to think otherwise.

3) If there is an intelligent alien race out there that knows so much that they're capable of getting here from wherever "there" is, I find it mind-boggling that they'd pick an insignificant backwater like Earth to visit. I mean, why come here?

Oh, and I can hypothesise about that as well as any third-rate sci-fi movie can, such as that they actually seeded life on Earth all those millions of years ago, and are observing the results of their lab experiment (and probably laughing non-stop at our antics). Or that they were passing by and stopped off for a "rest break", and that our beloved planet is actually just an interplanetary service stop and rest room. Or that they're an alien version of anthropologists gawping at the primitives. Or maybe we're a galactic zoo, and they've paid an entrance fee to visit and take pictures of us.

Are there flying saucers 'manned' by intelligent aliens? I sincerely doubt it. Are there UFOs? Oh, yes. Without doubt.

Does intelligent life exist out there? The probability seems near to certainty. Are they visiting or have they ever visited here? The probability seems to me to be pretty much the reciprocal of there being intelligent life out there. Are some UFOs alien spacecraft? Damned if I know, but I rather doubt it.

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    3) If there is an intelligent alien race out there that knows so much that they're capable of getting here from wherever "there" is, I find it mind-boggling that they'd pick an insignificant backwater like Earth to visit. I mean, why come here?
    Keep your friends close, your enemies closer. I'd imagine an alien race would come visit us first to ensure that we don't come visiting them and bringing our 'toys' to the party... We're hardly a unified friendly race given the amount of bickering and suffering already in the world. I'd imagine us needing to sort that before we start wandering into the great unknown looking for someone else to pick on.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

strange sights near missile bases and missile testing grounds, aswell as airfields are all too common.
    But the one explanation that doesn't ring true is Aliens visiting.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=250935.0

blueball

This is an interesting read. Not saying I agree with it all (see here) but it is an interesting read.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information