Thread: Customer service....what customer service???

Thanks

Angry Customer service....what customer service???

I'm really p***ed off.

Below is the dialogue I've been having with the folks at 7DayShop.com in the land of NoVAt. Returned a faulty cartridge for a refund and now they claim they've not had it back. Anyone any thoughts
    To make matters worse they no longer talk to you on the phone and all orders/corres/complains are online or via email, what the hell is all that about!!

My Post : Having returned a faulty Lexmark compatible cartridge for a refund on 18th June and re-ordered a original cartridge which I have paid for and received, I have checked my credit card statement and no refund for the faulty cartridge has been credited. I have a certificate of posting for the faulty cartridge.

7dayshop reply : we have not received that item back

My post : As stated in my earlier mail I obtained a certificate of posting for the item which is dated 18th June(as recommended when I rang up to complain and ordered a replacement Lexmark branded cartridge). A copy is available if you require but progessing a query with your company is very difficult as you no longer take phone calls? Customer support??
    Please Advise me what you wish me to do as I did return the faulty item and want a refund. Thank You

My Post : Still waiting for a reply and have to say I am VERY disappointed with your customer service and will be unlikely to be ordering from you again!

7dayshop reply : Sorry but we still havent received the faulty item back.

My Post : Frankly I don't much care if you have recieved it back or not! I posted it back as instructed and (as instructed) have a certificate of posting of which you are welcome to have a copy. I don't really see what else I can do!!. I'm afraid the total lack of a meaningful response seems to indicate that you're not interested in dealing with my refund and simply saying 'we've not had it back' is not good enough! Perhaps you would be good enough to either send me a meaningful written response or use that wonderful 21st century device of the telephone and discuss the matter with me
    Here's hoping

7dayshop reply : we are very sorry about this. But we cannot refund you until we have received the item back. We understand your frustration, but there is nothing we can do until this happens.
    [/B]

So where does that leave me? How the hell do I know if they've had it back or not? May be only a few quid but can't help feeling it's a scam and should anyone be thinking off ordering from 7 day shop, take my advise...give it a miss and go elsewhere!

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    if you have a certificate of posting then make a claim for compo with the royal mail may take a little while but should get you your money back tho ,may well be easier and quicker than messing about trying to sort it with 7day

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    dispute it with your credit card company direct, you recevied faulty goods and the company is not refunding.

Get your credit card to reverse charge this one and tell them the sort of correspondance you have had with this 'shop'

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    A certificate of posting doesn't prove that they've received the cartridge, it just proves that you've posted it. You should be moaning to the post office, not 7dayshop. At the end of the day if they don't get the cartridge back then they're out of pocket if they give you a refund, as they can't send the cartridge back to their supplier for credit.

Next time send it recorded, it's only 80p more and would have saved all this hassle.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    yeah point taken but when you can't even talk to people how the hell do I know the've not had it back? they could say that to everyone in an email and never refund an item again!! Anyway its the last business they'll be having out of me and would not be recommending to anyone. As far as I'm concerned any company that doesn't use the phone with their customers don't give a flying fig for customer service! Vat or no vat I'll be buying my inkjet consumables elsewhere thankyou

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, their Terms and Conditions state quite clearly that they are not responsible for returned goods lost in transit, and that they therefore recommend using Recorded Delivery.
    We suggest that you use a recorded delivery method as we can not be held responsible for any losses incurred in transit back to us.
    If you can't get any compensation from Royal Mail, I think you'll have to chalk this one up to experience.

Also, I doubt that the tone of your mails to them has helped, especially the last one. It's rather aggressive ...... "Frankly I don't much care if you have recieved it back or not! ........".

At the end of the day, you have two ways of getting money back for faulty goods. One is pursuing your legal rights and that can be time-consuming and very inconvenient, even if you have a good case. The other is relying on goodwill and "reasonable" behaviour, and blunt, or agressive, emails aren't a good way to achieve that. Sugar usually works better than vinegar, and you can always resort to vinegar if sugar fails.

I'm afraid that, personally, I don't think you did yourself any favours with those mails.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen
    Unfortunately, their Terms and Conditions state quite clearly that they are not responsible for returned goods lost in transit, and that they therefore recommend using Recorded Delivery.

If you can't get any compensation from Royal Mail, I think you'll have to chalk this one up to experience.

Also, I doubt that the tone of your mails to them has helped, especially the last one. It's rather aggressive ...... "Frankly I don't much care if you have recieved it back or not! ........".

At the end of the day, you have two ways of getting money back for faulty goods. One is pursuing your legal rights and that can be time-consuming and very inconvenient, even if you have a good case. The other is relying on goodwill and "reasonable" behaviour, and blunt, or agressive, emails aren't a good way to achieve that. Sugar usually works better than vinegar, and you can always resort to vinegar if sugar fails.

I'm afraid that, personally, I don't think you did yourself any favours with those mails.
    Blunt or agressive maybe but in my defence bourne from sheer frustration by the sh*t way this company have decided to deal with thier customers ie no phone. When I send an email enquiry I expect a civil and meaningful reply not just the one liners that I got.

As you say maybe one to chalk to experience but sure as hell these folks won't be getting a penny more from me...their lossl
    Last edited by homerhassall; 07-08-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    I agree completely that their one-line replies aren't conducive to a customer maintaining their cool. That could certainly have been handled better - but I guess it does get the information across.

Tom
    Thanks
    i'm personally in a bit of a mess with western digital not refunding me money that they should but i wont go into that....

...but here I'm siding with 7dayshop. A lot of shops nowadays are stopping phone support due to the number of dead-end phone calls that they are receiving, and email is more efficient. If you didn't send it recorded or insured and it doesn't arrive at its destination, then frankly it is your problem and not 7dayshops. IF they DID give you a refund, I would say its a case of excellent customer service, as they have no reason to give you one as they havn't received it back.

The only thing you can hope to do is to go to RM and try getting your money back but im guessin the cost of the cartridge is minimal anyway, probably not worth the effort.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    just goto the RM website, theres a link on there for an online form...but...if you didnt send it insured then u wont get anything back. I never post anything in parcels without sending them at least recorded..makes life soooooooooo much easier if something goes wrong

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1
    just goto the RM website, theres a link on there for an online form...but...if you didnt send it insured then u wont get anything back. I never post anything in parcels without sending them at least recorded..makes life soooooooooo much easier if something goes wrong

I beg to differ I recently had a refund of £20 from RM due to a first class parcel going missing in the post. All I had to prove it was sent was a certificate of posting. I wouldn't use the online claim form though as I did this and still heard nothing back 20 days later. Phone their claim line instead if you are going to pursue it HH, but like others have said, is it really worth it?

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    ok hidden i should change my post to 'its unlikely' =) RM is a business too, and for all they know the item could have arrived and you are just trying to scam them...

Thread Information