Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit New Deal/Legal Changes - Risk Still Remains

Thanks

Re: Brexit New Deal/Legal Changes - Risk Still Remains

Just say it, i smell don't I, it's this new deodorant.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    actually it's the face. corkism. it's a thing.

Last edited by ik9000; 25-03-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: fixing link

3. Received thanks from:

Corky34 (25-03-2019)

Missed by us all - RIP old boy spacein_vader's Avatar
    Thanks
    • spacein_vader's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe (boot), 500GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Crucial MX200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon RX5700 Gaming OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GW2765, Dell Ultrasharp U2412
      • Internet:
      • Zen Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    On the first bit, no, they're two says, one kindzof shorthand, for the same thing. Ths actual phrase is "reasonable grounds to suspect". Of course there is then a significant body of both law and procedure, as to what constitutes "reasonable grounds".

Nothing is actually done on just "reasonable suspicion" because there has to be a rational and non-discriminatory legally justifiable basis, not just a pure judgement call on "reasonable"

Nonetheless, "reasonable grounds to suspect"isn't proof.

As for discussing my other points, please take this in the tone in which it is intended, wikch is friendly and non-offensive, but please don't bother on my sccount. I mean, if you want to do so anyway, obviously, go right ahead, but not to answer me.

For my part, I feel this has now gone way off topic and even when on-topic was going round in circles. I've spent most of the last week or so avoiding TV news, and despite normally watching current affairs programs like Newsnight, Marr, Politics Live, Peston, etc, have been avoiding them for months because they seem incapable of talking about much else beyond Brexit.

So, I've pretty much had enough of this thread too, and will be trying to remember to not even read it.

I've enjoyed, as much as I can with Brexit, bouncing it back and for with you Corky, and I think we've had an exemplary example of two people with very different views discussing it decently, politely and reasonably. But I'm about Brexited-out, at least for a while. As I say, I don't mean this in any way offensively.
    So you've elected to Leave the thread rather than Remain?

Sorry.

Thanks

EU have apparently been preparing well for 'no deal'.

Via Twitter feed of Sun Brussels reporter Nick Gutteridge (https://twitter.com/nick_gutteridge/...145514438656):

"EU Commission announces this morning it has 'completed' its no deal planning and warns it is 'increasingly likely that the United Kingdom will leave the European Union without a deal on 12 April'.

Commission says no deal 'will obviously cause significant disruption for citizens and businesses' and 'the EU will be required to immediately apply its rules and tariffs at its borders with the UK' [including in NI]. 'These controls could cause significant delays at the border.'

Commission says Brits travelling to the EU would 'be subject to additional checks when crossing borders into EU'. It says despite 'considerable preparations at ports and airports to ensure that these checks are done as efficiently as possible, they may nevertheless cause delays'.

On additional checks on British tourists after no deal, the Commission planning states: 'In particular, border guards may ask you to provide information, for instance on the duration and purpose of your stay as well as on your means of subsistence during your stay.'

EU official says France, Netherlands & Belgium have between them hired 2,000 new customs officers to cope with no deal. 20 new border posts have been built in those 3 plus Ireland, Spain & Denmark. 'All States are confident they'll have necessary measures in place by March 29.'

Asked will there be checkpoints at Irish border, EU official says: 'Controls have to be done where they belong but doesn't mean we'd want to see visible infrastructure. We're working v closely with Irish authorities to try & perform controls away from border if at all possible.'

I asked official in which case why the backstop? 'In no deal there'd be disruptions to supply chains & trade. We're working with Irish authorities so controls can be least intrusive possible but it's still a situation which is fundamentally different to the Withdrawal Agreement.'

So in nutshell Commission is saying there will be a form of hard border on island of Ireland if there's no deal. They're just working with Dublin to make checks least intrusive possible. But that outcome doesn't fulfil EU-UK commitment to keep it fully open whereas backstop does."

Performance of the UK government in all this shameful. Remain or Leave, this whole thing has exposed the true state of our government and how appalling things are.

EDIT:

And just seen this (https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...-deal-brexit):

"Varadkar Confident of Keeping Border Invisible in No-Deal Brexit
    By Peter Flanagan
    March 24, 2019, 9:58 AM EDT

Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar signlaled he’s confident some special arrangement can be found to keep border in Ireland invisible in a no-deal Brexit.

Ireland is hoping to win a special deal with both the U.K. and EU that would keep the border with Northern Ireland open if the U.K. leaves the bloc without a withdrawal deal. The frontier will be the only land crossing between the EU and U.K. after Brexit, and how to keep it open has become a key stumbling block in talks between the two sides.

“The U.K. government has already indicated that in the event of no deal the first thing they will do is treat Northern Ireland differently in terms of customs,” Varadkar said in an RTE Radio interview on Sunday. “That’s what will be required essentially”

Varadkar said talks on the matter have already begun in a “preliminary and very rough way,” he said. “There is a real understanding of the unique situation we face in Ireland.”"
    Last edited by Galant; 25-03-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    So you've elected to Leave the thread rather than Remain?

Sorry.
    It was close.

I thoroughly examined my thought processes and decided, yes, Leave. By 52% to 48%.

Actually, I'm thoroghly f.... erm, cheesed of with the whole farce, about 20% witb the EU (Commission and Council) for their stance, and 80% with a mix of Maybot for rank incompetence and Parliament for being a bunch of two-faced, self-important deceitful ..... alimentary canals.

I do find it cheering that the EU are finally taking no-deal seriously and think it's increasingly likely. Or I would be if I thought that that announcement was about anything other than trying to pressurise MPs into voting for May's atrocious deal.

If they sincerely thought that, they'd be addressing the biggest problem, that being the backstop which is a very large part of what's stopping the deal thereby risking creating exactly what they claim it us supposed to prevent - a hard border.

ARGHHHH !!!!!!

There I go again. Blasted Brexit.

Why won't the government just do what they promised and blasted Leave?

That's rhetorical by the way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    That was deodorant?

Wow.

Catford market, 75p /litre?

But seriously, nah. It's not the thread. It's the pathetic shennanigans in Parliament. It's putting a strain on my blood pressure.

Put it this way .... MPs better hope I don't rub a lamp and have a genie pop out, or they're going to find out first hand what Hell is paved with, and I'll be left with two wishes.

8. Received thanks from:

Apex (25-03-2019),Corky34 (25-03-2019)

OilSheikh

Anyone that voted leave has been well and truly shafted.

blueball

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    Anyone that voted leave has been well and truly shafted.
    ???? May was told by her Lawyers that IF the vote had been binding (which it wasn't) then it would have been blocked for illegality! So sad for you!

Thanks

The house has taken back control by gaining the right to hold indicative votes, which aren't binding but about which they'll feel incensed if the results aren't honoured by the government?

And requests were made to seek assurance that the results would be honoured?

Oh the irony...

If would be amusing if it this thing weren't so serious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    ???? May was told by her Lawyers that IF the vote had been binding (which it wasn't) then it would have been blocked for illegality! So sad for you!
    It may not have been enacted as a legally binding vote, but the government did say that the decision was being given to us, and our decision will be implemented.

There were no if's, no but's, no conditions and there was no mention of implementing it only if MPs liked our decision.

blueball

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    It may not have been enacted as a legally binding vote, but the government did say that the decision was being given to us, and our decision will be implemented.

There were no if's, no but's, no conditions and there was no mention of implementing it only if MPs liked our decision.
    In which case it was an illegitimate vote.

blueball

...and we cannot even have a private discussion because Saarcen999 does not allow private messages. #ThisIsSoBrexit!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    In which case it was an illegitimate vote.
    Link?

blueball

No wonder you are no longer an admin

blueball

Idiot

blueball

Blocked!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information