Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Usa!

Thanks
    i would have to agree ppl from the south drive me nuts with there accents. The USA has always been a place to shoot first and then ask question i cant think i a war when we have not done that. Sees like some ppl are holding back on thier comments come on LET US HAVE IT! =) No seriously i just wanta know how you guys feel. i know the US isnt all is crack up to be, but sometimes i (american's) cant see it all. i need an eye on the outside looking in.

Thanks
    It just seems to me as other people have said, the US is far to over patriotic, missing the point maybe.
    It gotta quit with this Superpower-Policeman of the world thing, before its too late.

As for the people, very diverse and as with any country you get a real mixture.
    I cant really put my view down on the amreican people as a whole as I dont know any american people that well, but its obvoius that a certain someone shouldnt be running the place.

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb
    What do you Americans think of us brits?
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Thanks
    So say Brits are rude.. My wife who has been there said that everyone is friendly and nice in general. You never hear anything about UK in the news. We are pretty closed off from you guys.

herbalist
    Thanks
    another thing i hate is the hypocracy displayed by the american government and military. they go around threatening countries that have a nuclear/biological weapons program to stop it or face invasion/lots of hassle, but america has sooo many WOMD they could destroy the whole world in about 15 mins. i'd love to see what'd happen if some country who don't like america's arms program decide to send arms inspectors into america and demand that they disarm due to them being a threat to their country and others.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    that would be intresting to see. i cant imagine how many nukes and other weapons the US has. I wish we could destroy them all but i doubt that will happen. I dont like how the US thinks its the 911 force for the world and how we are in every other countrys business. We would sh*t bricks if any other country try to impose its will one us like that.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    Just imagine if us British decided to impose our will with commonwealth behind us on America. Now that would be a right mess big time. Don't think America would know what hit them.

I don't dislike all Americans, don't get me wrong. I have a best friend that lives in Florida. But I have had major problems with someone in the Ohio valley that is ongoing now.

One thing I have noticed from when I spent 3 months there is that alot of people there are power hungry and motivated by nothing more than money even if they don't have any. Very greedy.

Thanks
    Sounds like you have been burnt by some one in the states too bad. We are all not bad.. i would like to think

Thanks
    I may be at odds with everyone else but I quite like the Americans actually - everyone I have come across in life has been happy-go-lucky and appreciated anything done for them with a smile and a big "thank you".

The cities look wonderful and I would love to visit so many (Seattle being my target for next year).

If I could take a year off work with unlimited funds, I would pop over the pond and travel east to west and back again sampling the delights on the way!

On a world stage, I don't have much of an opinion, suffice to say that I am glad the USA is an ally, as I am sure, are the Kuwaities.

Thanks
    • wilsonian's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X570 TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung1TB 970 EVO M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX570 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B25F
    personally i hate the US. i don't hate the people there. i hate what the US stands for. The US are not a super power any more - there a bully - just the typical class room bully. Britain didn't wana go into iraq (or at least the people didn't) but when the boys (and girls) were in there we supported them. how US troops kill their own kind amazes me (granted the british had the odd bugger up) but not as much as the US. who needs enermies when you have troops like that!

i hate the way hollywood makes WWII films with only the US in mind - i mean come on there was north africa (no "up-to-date" film about that - why because the british did it. granted with some US supplies but it was british troops - and it wouldn't surprise me if they do do a film but with US troops. it really does wind me up). the best example i can think of was U-571. oh how i laughed at that film, the way it portrays the US navy capturing the first enigma decoding book, the britsh did storm that sub, after the crew abandoned her, and got the book back in 1942 - the US didn't get their hands on their own book untill 1944 - TWO years later!!

i hate the way when i was over in florida in 2000 people kept says don't u have a funny accent - where you from? WTF?!? i mean come on i'm english i speak the queens english (ok maybe not that good) but your the rebels! your the tea loving muppets who got upset about the cost of living!

i hate the way they have to have everything big. e.g. cars. ok you have huge roads, so? a 5ltr V8 can not be good to the enviroment and just because fuel is cheap it has to be at least a 5ltr!

taking it down a notch, i wouldn't live there. the country side is amazing but it's the ignorant people who live there (i'm not saying your one of them mate )do my head in! i'd much rather live in canada. better standard of living plus no red necks! LOL

to finish i have to say your a very "tough" man to put up a post like this and to read all what people have to say and just laugh it off. if some one was talking about UK like this i'd be pi33ed off (even if we do have our own problems).

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Punky
    but america has sooo many WOMD they could destroy the whole world in about 15 mins.
    Do you write dossiers for the government?
    Alastair? That you?

The nuclear arsenals of the 5 official nuclear powers in the world:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/733162.stm

We are worried with the USA having only 12,070 warheads? The Russians have 28,240!

You will also notice that the UK only has 400 warheads, but imagine if we were struck by the USA with nuclear weapons. 400 US towns and cities become very flat indeed.
    Also, we have the advantage of having our nuclear arsenal located under the waves in the Vanguard class submarines (currently the best submarines in the world) launched using the Trident II D5 missiles.

Thanks
    America? Isn't that the place that had the diplomatic coup a few years ago, and now has a non-democraticly elected leader, who goes about trying to force other countries to be democratic?

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah well the russians are hardly in a position to fire them are they? thir problem is containing their old rusting nuclear subs to prevent something worse than chernobyl...