Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Teenagers Getting Worse?

Thanks
    Originally posted by steve threlfall
    Some townie girl gets knocked up and they are given a council house, have their rents payed, get given money etc
    I HATE townies!

I would like to apologise to any nice townies out there who don't talk like they're stupid. Then again, such a townie probably doesn't exist, so why bother?
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Banned
    Thanks
    sex in a library, in front of ure m8's - that just sick imo
    I'm with ya on that one... who the Panda does that??? hey mate wanna watch me whip my willy out enjoy my girlfriend?? ... i dont think i'll ever say or type that again.

oh and...

I live 7miles from a town called Whitehaven.

Girls actually have sex to have babies (yes no contraception) just so they can have a house for free and bills paid etc... gives them an easy life, then at the weekends they get that "FREE" money give the kid to her parents and go out on a night out... or two.

Panda'ing disgraceful
    Last edited by 3Dfx; 22-11-2003 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks
    I dont really understand why the government gives out money to people liek that (slight generalization lol....)

There should be some sort of rule, liek you get doll for a year or two if you are trying to get a job. Then you get a assessed or something. If you have been working you arse off to get a job but havent you get doll adn benefits etc. But if you just havent been arsed to do anything then you get kicked off a pilevages removed.

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Hello.

If you guys and gal's don't go back and edit all the lanuage out of your posts by the time i get up tomorrow (1pm?) then ill just dump the entire thread.

Theres just no need for lanuage like that - and using ** or numbers just to get your swearword across is not on.

Swearing is not needed. Nor do i want it in GD. Can't you talk in the queens english instead?

Thanks

Butuz

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by unts
    I know its easy to generalise so I'm not mad at anyone on here - but I do notice a lot of people immediately class all of "us" as trouble.
    That's probably because the amount of trouble kids in get in nowadays is far higher than it used to be, and especially because the nature of a lot of the trouble is WAY different. There is, in a large number of cases, very little respect for any sort of authority (be it parental, school or police) and very little respect for anybody else's person or property.

Society has changed, and it most definitely isn't for the better.

This is not to say that all kids are like that, but it is a high enough number, even if a small percentage, especially in some areas, to be a very worrying trend. Personally, I blame the consumer society. Kids seem to expect things to be handed to them on a plate, these days, be it computer games or the latest fashion statement in trainers.

And what gets the blame when you hear some of these kids trying to explain their activities after they have beem caught? Boredom, as often as not. Nothing for them to do. No resources locally, no youth clubs. And for the kids that come out with that crap, ..... newsflash ...... it was not any better in my day, but we didn't go around nicking cars or beating up old ladies for their pension money. In my day, "local resources" consisted of kicking a ball around in the street, mucking about in the local woods and, if you were very LUCKY, having a bike you could ride.

As for the fashion-statement trainers, we considered ourselves lucky if we got new clothes or shoes at all, rather than an older brother's hand-me-downs as he grew out of them. And despite Dad being decently paid, Mum was watching the pennies all the time because if she didn't go carefully with the budget at the beginning of the week, we didn't eat at the end of the week.

I know this makes me sound like a moaning old fart, and maybe there's an element of truth in that, but that doesn't make the above any less true. And I had it easy compared to my parents - I'm young enough to have missed the war and rationing - they didn't. I know that because I've still got their old ration books as a memoir.

And when I hear these spoilt brats on television moaning about how they smash up things or nick cars because they are so hard done by, it makes me want to puke ... and strangle someone.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Butuz

Theres just no need for lanuage like that - and using ** or numbers just to get your swearword across is not on.

Swearing is not needed. Nor do i want it in GD. Can't you talk in the queens english instead?
    I completely agree, and back that stance 150%.

Had Butuz not already posted that before I saw it, I'd already have dumped this thread.

The emphasis in red is mine, by the way.

Banned
    Thanks
    Butuz

Changed all my swear words.... LMAO....

Thanks
    Problems we've got is that antisocial behaviour is now a disease which is spreading unchecked. As someone said earlier, how are todays lowlife, smackheads and wasters going to bring up there kids?...simple answer, with the mindset 'I do what I want and stuff everybody else, no-one can touch me' and it's exactly that attitude which is slowly but surely wrecking todays society.
    For far to long now the do-gooders in this country have been making excuses for what was an originally a minority, and once we start 'accepting' certain behaviours things started to spiral out of control.
    We need to get back to some sort of basics and heres a few ideas off the top of my head:-

Massive, and I mean massive, increase in police presence on the streets with a zero tolerance policy

Serious and meaningful punishment which both fits the crime and is dare I say it UNPLEASANT. Sorry thats not politically correct but heh it's what the decent people of this country are crying out for.

Nothing for nothing. If you want benefits you have to do community service for say 25 hours a weeks. Looking round there's so much that needs doing in the inner cities ie litter/grapheti etc etc.

ID cards for all with DNA info and a national DNA database starting from now to include every child's DNA taken at birth, the DNA of all convicted criminals and every immigrant/asylum seeker entering the country.

Those four for starters would be a step in the right direction but of course the civil liberties brigade would be up in arms and it'll never happen. I say never mind the criminals liberties what about my liberty as a law abiding citizen to go about my life without fear.

Sorry got on a bit of a rant and widened the subject but it's a real issue for me as it should be for every decent person. All I can say is I hope I never come across some lowlife beating up a war veteran because I seriously don't know how much damage I'd be inflicting on them!

Not a swear word in sight which I have to admit was rather difficult

Banned
    Thanks
    Nothing for nothing. If you want benefits you have to do community service for say 25 hours a weeks. Looking round there's so much that needs doing in the inner cities ie litter/grapheti etc etc.
    BIG UP THAT MAN

Thanks
    in guernsey, you can't get away with anything

Thanks
    I think that perhaps at birth every single person should have their DNA, and some biotech things on a database(liek they want to introduce...) Then there is not defense against such a crime as rape and they find your DNA. There is no way you can be innocent, it would work much better

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    Guernsey eh? Wouldn't trust anyone from there
    I think it may have orignally been boredom, with people having nothing to do, but now people have taken it too far and just started being silly and immature.
    It's not funny and it's not clever!
    Twigman

herbalist
    Thanks
    i'm 18, and i've got up to some pretty silly things (most of em whilst un-sober...), but i've never done anything like having sex in public or burning cars or wotever. thats just ridiculous. the way i see it round here, there is nuttin to do unless you've got cash, so quite a lot of the kids just end up starting fights or breaking stuff. its just due to boredom.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    You look around - and all the people who are up in arms about the ID card idea and stuff like that all have something to hide.. if you are a law abiding citizen, then you should have NOTHING to worry about at all - why not have an ID card, if you're in an accident or something - it'll speed your identification up for a start. the fact that so many people don't fancy the idea kinda shows us what state the country's in imo.... and yeah - kids are getting worse. At home I see gaggles of kids hanging around outside the local arcade, smoking drinking and being generally anti-social, and I just find it distressing - they say there's nothing for them to do - I can't find time to do all the things I want to do, even when I was their age - it's not right. One of my work colleagues and his mate got set upon by about 10 of the little oiks about a year ago, now he has 4 children himself, and doesn't get angry often, but he hit back, and floored a few of them with a bit of wood they hit him with - to their credit - the police turned up and let em get on with it for a minute or too before they waded in and stopped it, but in the end it was my mate that got a slap on the wrist, the copper actually apologised to him for doing it, but he had no choice - he couldn't reprimand the kids because they were all about 12.... everythings gone too far with political correctness and stifling laws - they should slack some of them off and enforce others more rigourously, so these kids can actually answer for some of the serious stuff they do, like beating up war pensioners and stuff.... (that makes me madder than I can sufficiently express, let me tell you )

/rant...

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    I'm all for ID cards, I think they'll be great for medical reasons and such, and also help catch criminals.

Just as long as they're difficult to forge, and don't track our every move.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks

McDonalds in workington

Workington is the dump of the North-West anyway.

It's bad enough even when you go into Maccy D's and see the sweaty fat scruffy mingers working there but get this...

In the McDonalds in Workington, some young lads were fired because a little boy developed a rash around his mouth after eating a Big Mac -- when they ran tests on the food they discovered someone had rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbished into the mayonaise.

Nice.

I'm never eating from there again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information