Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Teenagers Getting Worse?

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    in tamworth people have been lobbing bricks through windows of bus's and intimidating people, police are now going on bus's

And when you get a house cause a woman is pregnant you dont get all the bills paid and you dont get free rent either, i dont think you do im sure of it

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by steve threlfall
    I know nothing myslef tbh im only 18 but in my experience nice guys (AND indeed girls) do finish last
    Aint that the absolute truth.

I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Saracen
    This is not to say that all kids are like that, but it is a high enough number, even if a small percentage, especially in some areas, to be a very worrying trend. Personally, I blame the consumer society. Kids seem to expect things to be handed to them on a plate, these days, be it computer games or the latest fashion statement in trainers.

And what gets the blame when you hear some of these kids trying to explain their activities after they have beem caught? Boredom, as often as not. Nothing for them to do. No resources locally, no youth clubs. And for the kids that come out with that crap, ..... newsflash ...... it was not any better in my day, but we didn't go around nicking cars or beating up old ladies for their pension money. In my day, "local resources" consisted of kicking a ball around in the street, mucking about in the local woods and, if you were very LUCKY, having a bike you could ride.

As for the fashion-statement trainers, we considered ourselves lucky if we got new clothes or shoes at all, rather than an older brother's hand-me-downs as he grew out of them. And despite Dad being decently paid, Mum was watching the pennies all the time because if she didn't go carefully with the budget at the beginning of the week, we didn't eat at the end of the week.
    This is too true too. Ok, im not that old, but still i just played in the woods, rode around on my bike, played on my nintendo (original) and played footie over some fields. These days if you dont have a mobile, latest bling bling and god knows what else you're looked down upon.

We get skally kids round here (read: townies again) who shout abuse at students for "having lots of free money" or "you've got everything" (i took out the panda's), yet, if they TRIED to make something of themselves in life they would EASILY be in the same position. People arent that stupid - it just takes some effort to get somewhere.
    Unfortunatly, what goes around, comes around 9/10 times.

OT:
    There is absolutely NO WAY IN LIVING HELL im giving the government my PERSONAL biometric data. I dont give 2 pandas what they do with my other details (bank, dob details, my life etc) but what makes me, ME is something i hold close and personal, not to be on some government list somewhere (which will probably end up floating around the web in time, cmon, everything else gets hacked these days) for all to look at.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Banned
    Thanks
    In the McDonalds in Workington, some young lads were fired because a little boy developed a rash around his mouth after eating a Big Mac -- when they ran tests on the food they discovered someone had rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbished into the mayonaise.
    HAHAHA I heard about that... I work for the neighbouring council and Environmental Health told someone about it... LOL

oh and

Workington is the dump of the North-West anyway.
    Best nightlife in the north-west too tho

herbalist
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    OT:
    There is absolutely NO WAY IN LIVING HELL im giving the government my PERSONAL biometric data. I dont give 2 pandas what they do with my other details (bank, dob details, my life etc) but what makes me, ME is something i hold close and personal, not to be on some government list somewhere (which will probably end up floating around the web in time, cmon, everything else gets hacked these days) for all to look at.
    theye alredy goot mine mate....dna, fingerprintss, phto. b*stard coppers. it feels soo invasivve of em man.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    I think the only way we're actually going to stop all this crime happening is to treat the offenders in the same way. Whether they are 13 or 31. 6 months in a young offenders jail should sort them out.

This will only work if young offenders jails become more like punishment and less like summer camp where you can play on the playstation, watch TV and sometimes have a better standard of living than at home.

Ben

Thanks
    You know what I find even more amazing and I am very confused about ?? - The ppl in these places are LETTING themselves be ruled by these little bar stewards instead of doing something about it.

No, I aint talking about beating the hell out of kids but the moment you let them "win" (back down, just let it happen etc) is the moment you have lost and you may as well move.

If these kids are big enough to go stealing and vandalising ppl's property (and if it were MY grandparents etc they were doing it to) then they are big enough to get firstly a SOLID warning then, if it continues, following up those warnings/threats.

I would NEVER let any little rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishs like this run the place I lived and I find it quite shocking that out of the probable hundreds of RESPONSIBLE ADULTS that populate these areas do NOTHING about it mostly cause its not them thats being targeted so they dont wanna get involved which, IMHO, is as bad as condoning what the kids are doing.

Its totally natural for kids to "push the boundaries" so they can see whats going to happen. Whats needed is for ppl to put thyem back into their place when they go too far....

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Punky
    theye alredy goot mine mate....dna, fingerprintss, phto. b*stard coppers. it feels soo invasivve of em man.
    good job i havent done anything wrong then

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    Aint that the absolute truth.

Life sucks unfortunately but its not always that way i suppose. Its just seems that if you do evrything right you finish behind those who cba anyway
    Last edited by steve threlfall; 23-11-2003 at 06:33 PM.

Umbra Messor
    Thanks
    Well i help out the elderly ( my mums a wrden so i live with them) i dont drink smoke or do drugs, i have no criminal reccord and im well beheaved and not abusive (Haveing been suverly bulolied and nearly killed ) im only 16 so we are not all bad

Abit NF7-S V2.0 || XP1700 @ 2.43ghz (1.825V) 211FSB || 2 * 512MB twinmos @ 422Mhz (7-3-2-2)
    SLK-900, Delta Screemer & AS3 || Radeon 9800pro 128MB 425.25/366.75
    LG Combi drive || LG DVD RW || 2 * 120GB IBM || 60GB Maxtor USB

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Jcb33
    Well i help out the elderly ( my mums a wrden so i live with them) i dont drink smoke or do drugs, i have no criminal reccord and im well beheaved and not abusive (Haveing been suverly bulolied and nearly killed ) im only 16 so we are not all bad
    Hey, i rarely drink (been there done that), i dont take drugs (even though i have weed thrown in my face most days) and i dont have a criminal record either. Its not all bad, its about what you want todo not what everyone else expects of you. I find i get more respect from people doing my own thing.

Banned
    Thanks
    I dont give 2 pandas what they do with my other details
    Looks like the panda's are catching on...

Thanks
    In answer the posts question: Yes
    Thay are allowed to take public liberties. you could argue they would be stupid not to take advantage of it

Thanks

Re: Are Teenagers Getting Worse?

Originally posted by 3Dfx
    I live in Cumbria, (Lake District area) in a suburb of Workington.
    A fellow Cumbrian

Seaton has always been pretty rough tho, but I too have noticed when I have been back home that the area seems to be getting worse . Which is a shame because it is a nice part of the World to live in it seems that as usual the few spoil it for the many

Banned
    Thanks
    yes it is nice.. nice mountains etc (I sound SOOO boring and old) and workington is getting a face-lift.

But these little Panda's are messing it up for everyone.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    WTF??? Why do I keep seeing 'Panda's?
    I feel like were going for the surreal feel this week on Hexus!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information