Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 17

Thread: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

  1. #1
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Hello everyone,

    Click here to view the Project FreeSync FAQ we just posted on our site.

    Also, let me know if you have any more questions you’d like answered (by posting them here in this thread) and I’ll make sure to have the FAQ updated accordingly.

  2. Received thanks from:

    Askew (03-08-2014)

  3. #2
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,863
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,053 times in 2,476 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Is that an official AMD page?

  4. #3
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Yes, it is an official AMD page

  5. #4
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,863
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,053 times in 2,476 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Yes, it is an official AMD page
    Ah cool. Could you tell them to sort out the text? It's kind of unreadable with the inconsistent line spacing and paragraphing. Doesn't reflect well on them as a professional company.

  6. #5
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Hmmm...that's strange, I'm not seeing any inconsistencies or issues with the page. If you don't mind, post a screenshot of the page, of what you're seeing and I'll make sure to pass it along.

  7. #6
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,863
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,053 times in 2,476 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ



    Tried on FF and IE, on two different computers/networks, looks same on each.

  8. Received thanks from:

    Warsam71 (04-08-2014)

  9. #7
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Oh I see. I think it has to do with your browser settings. See, when clicking on any of the questions, for example "What is Project FreeSync" a new page should load automatically where the question is centered, answer is below it, and a question about the answer is listed below that.

    I haven't had any issues at all, but having seen that you've tried on two different systems and two different browsers I'll ask our Web Team to see if they know of a fix or specific settings that needs to be checked.
    Last edited by Warsam71; 01-08-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added the second sentence (clicked on "reply" too fast)

  10. #8
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,079
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked
    495 times in 411 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Carbon Max
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB EVGA GTX1080 FTW2
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster H500
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus 28" 4K
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Fibre

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    I am seeing the same as Kalniel to be honest, and it makes it really difficult to read, to the point I stopped as it was hurting my eyes.
    Jon

  11. Received thanks from:

    Warsam71 (04-08-2014)

  12. #9
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    okay, thank you both for the feedback. I'm about to send an email to the folks in the web team. Thank you again.

  13. #10
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quick update, I just learned that this isn’t an issue with the formatting of the page, but is instead a website caching issue with the edge server provider that we use to make websites load faster for visitors. We’ll get it sorted soon. Thank you again guys

  14. #11
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    2 times in 1 post

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    So will all new manufactured monitors with a DisplayPort connector eventually support FS? Or is it going to be specific displays only like Nvidia's Gsync?

    Do you know if Gsync compatibile monitors will also include the DisplayPort Active-Sync functionality? I assume at least some of the partners for both sets of displays will be the same and this discussion must have taken place.

    I wouldn't want to buy a freesync compatible display that couldn't use Gsync, and the same vice versa in case I switch GPU vendors while I still own the monitor, I wouldn't want to lose adaptive sync support on my display because I switched GPU vendor.

    Of course if Nvidia adopt FS and use the new dp/a-s standard in the future this won't be an issue, but for me as a consumer I dislike having the same feature implemented differently by 2 companies and having my choices of display potentially limited by this situation.

  15. #12
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Hello Jonj1611 and Kalniel,

    Could you please try to view the FAQ page again and let me know if you're still having issue viewing the content?

  16. #13
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Askew View Post
    So will all new manufactured monitors with a DisplayPort connector eventually support FS? Or is it going to be specific displays only like Nvidia's Gsync?

    Do you know if Gsync compatibile monitors will also include the DisplayPort Active-Sync functionality? I assume at least some of the partners for both sets of displays will be the same and this discussion must have taken place.

    I wouldn't want to buy a freesync compatible display that couldn't use Gsync, and the same vice versa in case I switch GPU vendors while I still own the monitor, I wouldn't want to lose adaptive sync support on my display because I switched GPU vendor.

    Of course if Nvidia adopt FS and use the new dp/a-s standard in the future this won't be an issue, but for me as a consumer I dislike having the same feature implemented differently by 2 companies and having my choices of display potentially limited by this situation.
    Hello Askew,

    Thank you for your questions, I'm looking into getting you the answers

  17. #14
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,863
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,053 times in 2,476 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Hello Jonj1611 and Kalniel,

    Could you please try to view the FAQ page again and let me know if you're still having issue viewing the content?
    Yes, I still have 'issues' with the quality. While it's not all visible on the same page any more, the line spacing is still inconsistent between answers, the font choices for the 'answer' pages are not great - the question can end up taking more of the page than the answer, and now the navigation between questions is non-existent.

    These should have been picked up before going live to the public, we should not be expected to act as a free web consultancy to be honest.
    Last edited by kalniel; 04-08-2014 at 02:06 PM.

  18. #15
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Yes, I still have 'issues' with the quality. While it's not all visible on the same page any more, the line spacing is still inconsistent between answers, the font choices for the 'answer' pages are not great - the question can end up taking more of the page than the answer, and now the navigation between questions is non-existent.

    These should have been picked up before going live to the public, we should not be expected to act as a free web consultancy to be honest.
    Hello Kalniel

    I appreciate your prompt response and will make sure not to bother you again in regards to collecting feedback about the site. Thank you kindly.

  19. #16
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    11 times in 10 posts

    Re: AMD Project FreeSync FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Hello Askew,

    Thank you for your questions, I'm looking into getting you the answers
    Hello again Askew,

    It is our hope that the simplicity, economics and industry-standard nature of FreeSync will compel broad adoption from vendors. This does not guarantee that "every monitor" will eventually ship with FreeSync, but we firmly believe that making a robust technology free for OEMs/ODMs to adopt is the best way to aim at that goal.

    G-Sync monitors are "protected" under a license with NVIDIA. It is not known what terms or restrictions are contained in that license, so we cannot knowledgeably comment. However, our technology has no licensing terms or fees and is compatible with technology being made today, which makes it as easy as possible for display vendors.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •