Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW owners

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_attack
    thanks detective for your reply,

you must be one of the lucky ones.......most forums i have read have stated that many owners have had very BAD backlighting

i like the price of 475 but don't want a rubbish display sent to me

what should i do? hold out for something better or just order and hope for the best?

thanks,
    That's down to you I'm afraid as you're spending the money! I can only speak from my experience. When my monitor arrived the USB was damaged at the back. I spoke with DELL and they arranged to get a new one to me straight away and pick the old up. Mine definitely isn't a rubbish display but you've got to decide what you want to do.

I can only repeat that I'm more than happy with mine and I've read many positive reviews and comments from others - including some on this forum. Best of luck whatever you decide.
    Athlon 64 FX55, Asus A8N-SLI motherboard, 1 GB TwinX Corsair, X850 XT PE, 200GB Caviar, (also second 200GB HD), 16x AOPEN DVD ROM, Nec DVD RW, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, XP Home, Wavemaster Coolmaster case, 20.1" Dell 2005FPW, Altec Lansing 2100 speakers

Registered+
    Thanks
    thanks detective,

i considered 2 * 17s / 2 * 19s but they do not campare anything to the dell

i am getting a powermac very soon and want an excellent display to hook up to it

i prob order the dell and hope for the best......i can always return it if its not upto the job,

so no backlight issues with yours nor any dead pixels?

does seem like an excellent monitor

i will not use it for games but for WORK......document writing, image editing, programming, web design etc etc.....do you think this monitor reproduces good colour and will prove to be up to the job?

thanks,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_attack

i will not use it for games but for WORK......document writing, image editing, programming, web design etc etc.....do you think this monitor reproduces good colour and will prove to be up to the job?

thanks,
    I think the colours are excellent on mine. I mainly use it for gaming but I've done some image editing and web design on mine and, once again, it's been superb.
    Athlon 64 FX55, Asus A8N-SLI motherboard, 1 GB TwinX Corsair, X850 XT PE, 200GB Caviar, (also second 200GB HD), 16x AOPEN DVD ROM, Nec DVD RW, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, XP Home, Wavemaster Coolmaster case, 20.1" Dell 2005FPW, Altec Lansing 2100 speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information