Thread: Logitech MX1000 - Using buttons in games

Thanks

Logitech MX1000 - Using buttons in games

Hi all,

I used to have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer which came with Intellipoint software that allowed me to assign different buttons to do different things in different programs/games.

I was in need of a wireless mouse, and picked up the MX1000 after reading lots of rave reviews. I didn't get an MS Mouse as I couldn't find a rechargeable one.

Anyhow, I can't find anyway to set the buttons on the mouse when playing games.
    For example, in games like Call of Duty I want me forward and backward thumb buttons to be lean left and lean right.
    In Counter Strike Source I wanna use one of those buttons for sprint, and the other for flashlight.

I've got the Setpoint software but can't find anyway to do what I need this mouse to do.

Any help please?
    Parm

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    On the setpoint software, set the buttons, like the two next to the wheel as 'generic buttons' or other, something like that. Now, they should be completely configurable in games.

Thanks
    Thanks unreal! This has worked in Day of Defeat Source, but not in the older Call of Duty. Oh well, thats old, don't play it nowadays.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks

Logitech MX1000 - Use LogiGamer

I think the Logitech MX1000 is a great mouse for gaming. I use it in combination with a Nostromo N52 speedpad but I wasn't fully utilising the flexibility and choice the MX1000 offers with all those extra butons.

I put in a little research today and found a utility for the MX1000 and other Logitech mice called Logigamer http://www.logigamer.com/ It bascially allows you to create button assignments and store them in profiles for each of your games. You can assign the profile to the games ".exe" file so the profile automatically kicks in when the game starts. Excellent, has improved my Battlefield 2 impressively.

The current Logitech setpoint software is at 2.40 however to use Logigamer smoothly you appear to need to use Setpoint 2.14 at present which ca be acquired direct from Logitech at http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupp...oint214enu.exe

Hope you find the software useful.

Thanks
    Hi m8,

Thanks for your response, I'll certainly take a look at that program.

Unfortunately I'm becoming all the more frustrated with my MX1000. I had to do a little photoshop work the other day, and found that with the MX1000, I simply could not use the lasso tool.
    If I try to move the mouse in a straight line, it simply won't do it. It judders around constantly. I hadn't noticed it before, but now that I'm trying to do something precise, it's so so evident.

I'm using the MX1000 on a black icemat. I've tried it on the desk, a piece of paper, my leg, still get the same results.

I'm at a loss, how can such an expensive mouse be so useless?

Thanks
    I too am using my MX1000 on a black Ice Mat 2 and it works flawlessly. I have even tried running it along a ruler and get perfect striaght lines every time. Could be interference, USB port (they can be known for this, try it in the PS2 port with the apdator) or dirty laser. Or maybe it's just faulty?

Thanks
    I may have been too hasty.

It turns out, it was a dirty laser

The old cotton bud seems to have done the trick. Now I just need to take the time and try out that gaming program thingy.

Thanks

Logigamer

Hi there,

Did you ever get to give Logigamer a trial run?. I liked it so much I decided to see if the later versions worked smoothly and Logigamer 2.2.0 worked with the then latest Setpoint drivers 2.40. Logitech released Setpoint 2.46 on the 28th of Oct and I installed and used that with Logigamer, once again smooth as an eggshell and taking countless priceless milliseconds off weapon change times in Battlefield 2 hehe.

Thread Information