Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputers

Thanks

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

Quote Originally Posted by HEXUS View Post
    1. Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    2. Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    Fantastic gaming section with great appeal to the PC gaming home builder

Need a better category drill-down, e.g. components/motherboards//socket775/matx

Allow shipping to an alternative address for first time buyers, great way to draw in new customers.
    http://rusi.org/downloads/assets/FDR2.pdf - RUSI - A Force For Honour
    http://www.uknda.org/my_documents/my...essity_scr.pdf - UKNDA: A Compelling Necessity
    http://www.uknda.org/my_documents/my...ISIS_Sep08.pdf - UKNDA: Overcoming The Defence Crisis
    http://www.uknda.org/my_documents/my...y_Doc_24pp.pdf - UKNDA: A decision the next Prime Minister must make

Registered+
    Thanks
    • nwmark's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    Site navigation is very good, probably the best of any site ive used, all categories neatly arranged in the middle of the screen with other grouping options right below, excellent. When i come to a computer retailer website, i know what im looking for so to have the navigation this way is really useful, no wasted loading, no jumping to other pages to narrow down selection.

Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    Right hand side of page is wasted for me, i know awards and user opinion/reviews are a big plus to an online retailer as it shows, your doing things right, and are not a fly by night operation, but i think most of the right hand side could be gathered under one image link that takes the user to a page giving more details about awards and customer reviews etc.

Same with payment options, again for me they dont matter really, if i want to buy something from your site and you didnt accept Credit card for example, id use debit, if no debit id use paypal, id expect any online site to support at least one of these types, so having them on the right of every page is wasted space in my eyes. and could be incorporated into one of you help pages.

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    Having never had a customer service issue with yourselves you may already do this, you may not. Plus.net (ISP) have an excellent customer services online portal, that works superbly for non urgent problems and enquiries, you send a message via an online form, and they reply to you via the online portal when a reply has been posted, your emailled to let you know a reply is there, and you can log in and reply again if you need to. I think it works well on both sides, the customer is able to view past and current conversation via the online portal, and i imagine it much easier to manage from plus.net side of things, as all enquiries are through the one portal, no email flying around from different people, different address, account information having to be looked up etc etc etc.
    I think this would work nicely for stock enquiries and technical questions about items pre and post order.

Mark

Registered+
    Thanks

Very well laid out and clear to read

Not at all i liked it

3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

How about a deal of the day and free postage to hexus.net forum members

Thanks

I like the tabs that allow you to quickly navigate around the site, especially the delivery and tracking option. The clarity is appreciated rather than going through the whole buying proceedure and then getting the information.

The layout isn't as user friendly as it could be. The segments are not seperated by much in terms of could or boxes and this leaves it looking a bit muddled.

The options the refine searches isnt very powerful either, Scan has great options regarding this, you can take it to many different levels.

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

I dont know how quickly the web site is updated regarding stock levels, but if this was real time that would be great. I've ordered things in the past which I've had to wait longer for as when I ordered it it stated it was in stock but in reality it wasn't! That is frustrating, luckily I've never had to order things urgently.

let me win!

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks

The feature i liked best on the more computers website was the links to the customer ratings. I had not heard of the company before but after seeing such strong customer feedback it would immediately reassure me that this was a safe company to use.

The special offers would not be immediately obvious to someone that isn't used to shopping online. I think you should have a box somewhere that points people towards them.

I would like to see you stop using city link as they aren't the best in my area, however this is purely a personal thing that i would not expect you to do! I am always very cautious of using companies that use them due to past troubles.

Thanks
    • Abhik262's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5-Q (iP45)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ ~ 3.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4GB DDR2-800 @815 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120gb USB +160gb +320gb (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD4850 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 II 500w
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung SyncMaster 2053BW
      • Internet:
      • Sky 16Mb (actually 2 Mb on a wireless connection)

One thing that stood out was how high stocks were. This reduces the tedium of shopping as you dont have to find an alternative if the product you had in mind was out of stock. I faced this issue a number of times with other etailers and thus the only reason i bought was because i needed the parts urgently, otherwise i would have shopped elsewhere. The prices are also very reasonable.

In the case of GFX Cards (my personal most common purchase), there was a lack of mainstream and high end cards. Most annoyingly, i was unable to jump to specific chipsets.

It would be nice to have a daily offer system like on SCAN or better yet, some pre-configured systems which the user can tweak that sell less than counterparts from major manufacturers such as Dell.

Otherwise, it looks fine (save for the pink...)

Thanks
    • Animus404's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
      • CPU:
      • 3.2Ghz AMD PhenomII x4 955
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3 1600mhz (Corsair XMS3)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB WD Caviar Black + 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX 970 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 525watt Entermax Modu82+
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21" LCD HP Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 38Mbit

Nice selection of equipment with detailed descriptions of the Products.

The products I looked for I found quickly and easily.

Searching by brand and then by catagory is also a nice idea. But I'd also like to be able to search by product specification/features. eg, Select Laptop then search by the amount of ram or cpu speed, or after selecting WIFI Router be able to narrow it down by speed or number of RJ45 connectors.

---------------------------

I didn't like the pink used in the colour scheme, reminds me of T-Mobile. I also thought the site seemed crowded and a little chaotic in places, I think this was because the right hand bar has too much information, It would be better if it were reserved for popular or recommended items. The rest of the information could be put at the bottom of the page, I don't really worry about what awards or ratings a website has.

---------------------------

I didn't see it on your site but some computer websites have a compatibility checker, so if I buy a CPU and Motherboard it will advise me if the are incompatible. You could also go one step further by suggesting components which would work well with what the customer is buying. So if I buy a AMD 790FX Mobo and a Phenom 9950 and have selected 800Mhz DDR2 ram you could display 'This product is also compatible with 1066Mhz DDR2 Ram, would you like to change your selection'

Thanks
    • NightshadowUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87M GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4790K [Macho Rev.B]
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 [240GB] & MX500 [1TB]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • 620W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08B-E [AP181 & NF-S12B]
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home [64bit]
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

The navigation and search feature made it very easy to quickly find specific products. Choose a category > choose a sub-category > choose a brand - nice.

I'm also a huge fan of the 'Delivery' tab, it's extremely rare to come by a site these days that's so open. Even the largest of e-tailers make the customer wait until the last stages of ordering until they finally drop the cost of delivery bomb-shell. Props to you MoreComputers.

The website can look a little over-crowded and 'busy' at times due to small font sizes and large borders on either side of the content (viewing at 1680x1050). The general look of the site would improve dramatically if it could make full-screen use out of various resolutions.

Communication, without a doubt. I find many people shy away from purchasing online as it removes the physicalities of shopping. They feel they're dealing with a faceless organisation, some text and images on a screen. Regular, friendly communication throughout the buying process and any problems that may arise gives a company a face, a positive persona. If MoreComputers can (or already have) earn(ed) a reputation for great communication, come 2023 they'll be celebrating doing business for 30 years.

In terms of adopting something other retailers do, a regularly updating (daily or weekly) offer / bundle scheme on a selection of products would be popular, everyone likes saving money!
    Last edited by NightshadowUK; 27-08-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks
    • valver's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2Gb Crucial ballistix
      • Storage:
      • 750Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • 480W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Soprano w/ window
      • Operating System:
      • XP SP2
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20inch Bilinea widescreen

Delivery price clearly shown before you commit to purchase, or before I have to enter any user details.

Not keen on the pink colouring all over the site.

Free shipping for long time/regular customers. Not too bothered about next day delivery/speed, but free shipping (eg like from Scan do from time to time for forum members) makes me use a site a LOT more.

Thanks

not really.

The color scheme, the prices, the limited range. The amount of white space. Cluttering everything together at the top. Limited selection ability.

Better Drill down facilities in filtering a selection.

MuhammadC123

Thanks

1. I like the layout and design of the page, it looks clean and simple to navigate

2. I did not like the fact that i was getting 404 page not found errors whilest navigating

3. I would love to see a system configurator whereby when purchasing a custom system from components the search will filter out incompatible items for you. e.g. if you select a socket 774 motherboard then the site will only show you appropriate CPU's, RAM etc.

Big, Mean and Ugly! circuitmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks
    • circuitmonkey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8H61-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3 2100T
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 320GB WD Caviar Balck + 1TB Samsung EcoGreen F2 + 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX430M
      • Case:
      • NZXT M59
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro (64bit), Vista business (64 bit), XP Pro (32bit), Ubuntu (64 bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" FHD + 2X 19"1280 x 1024
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre broadband

I particularly like the addition of user submitted videos to various products to provide further information when available, great idea!

A pet peeve on computing sites is the lack of options in sub categories. For example, the addition of categories such as chipset, cpu, memory technology to name just a few

I would like the ability to select the items I wish to purchase and then when placing my order have an option to have a sales advisor call me to satisfy any questions I may have concerning the products I have chosen, further delivery enquires or any other questions that my have arisen during ordering.

x2o
    Registered+
    Thanks

The website has a clean look and allows you to compair items and also read reviews from other customers of the website also the delivery options and price are clearly displayed next to the items.

Website seems a little slow in loading. Their is a large white space on the main home page between the products and the bottoms links and payment methods.

3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online
    A star rating system would be good where you could use it to sort the items by the number of stars voted.

Thanks

I liked the pink and black colour scheme because it gives the website a strong identity and helps it to stand out against other similar websites. The website works for someone who is looking for a certain product from a certain company and I managed to find a product I was looking for relatively quickly. Once you spend some time on the website it becomes easy to navigate and the menu system reminds me of another retailer, so I was used to finding my way around.

I think the homepage needs to be streamlined because the layout looks cluttered and cramped when you first arrive. The category section is duplicated (do I use the column on the left or the section in the middle for gaming) and I just think you just need a single point of navigation for a product. The small pictures for the product categories are also unnecessary - they are difficult to see and just add to the confusion in navigating the homepage. I also think the tab bar could contain more than just six tabs and could be used more effectively to communicate information instead of crowding the main page.

I'm always loyal to online retailers who offer good customer service and communicate with me the status of my order. Retailers who treat me poorly will loose my custom and I would never recommend them to friends or colleagues. I'm not always looking for the cheapest price on a product, I just want my order to be handled efficiently and delivered as promised.

Thanks
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

Easy navigation and colour scheme.
    Google Checkout is win.
    User reviews.
    Up to date stock numbers.

The site doesnt expand to full widescreen (white margins on the side).
    Lack of filters for products eg when i look at memory; it gives me the full list of every type of memory you have (even printer memory, lol), this should be filter into ddr2 6400 etc...

Free delivery.

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net

Good clean layout, search function actually works and can find the stuff you want.
    Customer reviews are a great idea and really add to the site.

Font used isn't fantasticly pretty, pink boxes with reductions etc are quite hard to read.

Weekly or daily offers, this is by far my favourite thing for an online retailer to have.
    Impulse buys generally happen more often if there's a good deal!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information