Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputers

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

1. Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?

Extensive reduction section.

2. Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?

Menu buttons (i.e. About Us, Products, etc) do not drop-down like menus for faster navigation.

3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

Stock allocation at checkout. Once someone has placed an order that will be delayed due to stock shortages, ensure that the items that were in stock at time of order are allocated to the purchaser until the order is completed or cancelled. There is nothing more annoying than having 1 item out of stock and when it comes back into stock, having another item delay the order.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

I'm all you need!
    Thanks
    • Speed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair 3200MHz DDR4 - CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA RTX 2080 XC 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 1300W Platinum PSU
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX - Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell P2715Q 27" 4K IPS
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 350 Optical Fibre Broadband

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

Quote Originally Posted by HEXUS View Post
    Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    Nice clean well designed layout.

Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    Some of the filtering options are a little confusing. It would be better if you had a breakdown of the main categories within the menu and then used the filtering options to help the customer find the correct product they want.

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    Free delivery on all orders would solve the main problem with online shopping. Also accurate stock levels are very important.

Registered+
    Thanks

[*]Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?

Feels simple enough to use. No wall of text on the first screen, which is some websites' flaw, and links seem easy enough to navigate. Use of bold words is a brave addition.

[*]Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?

Laggier than other websites. Definately not down my end. Pink is not used well. It gets disorganised at times, especially at the checkout page. Stuff just looks unprofessional, like items not aligned properly, the price font too small etc. Price box in top right is too small too, with just a blank border? Doesn't feel like a unique website like Ebuyer or play.com.
    "computer cabinets" should be "case" only. Search box is hit and miss - "p182" searches well but why 2 products? "antec 900" gets you nowhere.

[*]Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

Earn points for rewards. When I buy a new set of computer equipment, I tend to shop around and buy all/most from one retailer. Maybe this may stick me (but still depends on PRICE/SERVICE)

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Reminder: we're giving away £550 of Logitech kit!

HEXUS and MoreComputers are giving away the latest gaming kit from Logitech - but hurry, the competition closes this Sunday!
    Read more.

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line

1. The site is clean, with relevant information in the obvious places. The tag line is slick, and it's obvious what the site is selling. Good to see use of actual photos of motherboards instead of gimmicky graphics. I like that it shows the ratings based on other sites, so that it's pretty clear how good it is.

Categories wise, it covers just about everything which is nice, and the PC Pro awards do imply that it's a legitimate site.

Some people moan about this one, but i think it's good that it clearly shows, albeit twice, what forms of payment are accepted, along with clear T and C links. And i really approve of an obvious "DELIVERY" button.

2. It's very mundane. As sites go, and whether this is good or bad, it mimicks the popular internet store style. Perhaps that's because its' tried and tested. Sure it's simple, but it doesn't really stand out. There isn't very much to show me that it's any better than any other run of the mill 10 minute site design job. The deals are also a bit hidden. Good or not good, it would be nice to actually see them without having to scroll down.

It would be nice to see subcategories with a scroll over to. Like SCAN for instance, so you can easily hop to a sub product range.

The recently viewed icon is also a bit tucked away amongst the accepted payments and the hacker safe signs.

3. I completely agree with others. Too many retail sites just copy and paste manufacturer descriptions. I really appreciate sites like thinkgeek where it's obvious that the retailer has spent time messing with the product so they can give a clear description - and actually tell you what you need to know - of it.

But, my one point.

Something that bugs me a lot about many online sites is how many have verbose text searches. I would much prefer them to develop decent search engines that give relevant results. Most major retailers are nearly there, but even Amazon has problems with some searches and doesn't even suggest different spellings for failed searches. Google integration is one solution but some times it just doesn't cut it and it can look unprofessional unless the results are properly formatted so it doesn't look like you've just done a search string like "4870X2 site:www.example.org". So yes, good search facilities would be a bonus.

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Yes. I quite enjoyed the fact that they supported different delivery companies so people could choose who they feel are more reliable in there area.

The pictures on the site let it down. They are bad quality

3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    A support forum would be a great addition to the business. Would help improve customer satisfaction.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Xtanto's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z68
      • CPU:
      • 2600k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250 Vertex 3 and 2TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 520 Watt
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 1600x1200 viewsonic
      • Internet:
      • no internet access

Thumbs up Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

[*]Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    I liked the Brands link - this allows me to narrow easily to the item I am looking for!
    [*]Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    I would like the hard drives to be listable by size. Either I did not see this or it is missing.
    [*]Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    I would like 3d views of the products - were in the 21st century now! Perhaps this is asking too much.

Thanks
    • jeffel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5E3 Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q9550 Core2Quad @3.6ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb CSX DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Samsung 32mb cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x ATI HD4890 1gb Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • Akasa 1000W PSU
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W Black Aluminium Full Tower Case/Side Window
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3 & Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 21.5" Benq 1920x1080 5ms
      • Internet:
      • 20MB O2

Easily rememberable domain name

Boring site design.Tiny fonts used all through out.Finally no forum where customers can share thier shopping experiences.

* Weeks offers like scan,overclockers.
    * Live chat feature
    * Free delivery on orders over £50
    * Customer forum
    * Video reviews

Thanks

Plain colour scheme, no nonsense. Once you click a section you get a reasonable choice of filters ie price/type.

Cluttered homepage, too many different styles of displaying products. Have either few sections which perhaps have further selections when you hover the mouse over it or have a few deals with everthing else down the eft hand side (that side is a bit bare at the moment)

Be human, think what you'd have thought if you were the customer in a particular situation & offer flexibility when it comes to returns (ie testing properly, not refusing a return for some silly reason that had no influence over the fault reported)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Ben_LRS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1.35V
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SF3, 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC2311WMi, Samsung 40", Fujitsu 22"
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

It shows on the front page you do things other people don't shout about. Heavy marketing of networking/server equipment.

The pink highlighting of prices. Horrible colour.
    And who drew the picture of the person making the 'OK' symbol when signing up for your newsletter? It's awful.

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    You need to add filters when searching for components. For example, being able to filter hard drive capacities, or only Intel/AMD CPUs

Thanks
    • maxwilson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.25GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 320gb Barracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Power Colour 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 26" Phillips LCD TV
      • Internet:
      • Sky 4mb

I do like the home page, its very simple, there is little clutter and is organised very well. I also liked the filters.

The lack of high end components especially the GFX cards.

An offer of free delivery would be very helpful. the delivery costs often dictate where i buy from

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1

Good information page on delivery
    Clear listings on the Help page
    Customer reviews
    Ability to add videos
    stock info regularly checked
    Product descriptions/specs are detailed
    Ability to check total cost inc delivery without having to register first
    clear layout of the methods of payment buttons on the shopping basket page
    Easy navigation on selecting categories

Search tool: more advanced searching needed to whittle down results (for example to not include the product code, and only include results in title or description)
    Lasck of promotions (combo offers/No special offer of the week/day.)
    Text is a little small
    horrible font to use on shopping webpage
    Dated/messy feel to the navigation within the site.
    Too much on screen at certain points
    Poor images at times makes it look amateurish (most prominent are the cards you accept near the bottom of page and to the right just above it.)

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be?
    Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

Right, I'm going to list more than one thing here:
    Daily/weekly offers,bundle offers.
    Forum for shoppers/with support
    Free delivery for order over £30 (or other amount)
    Not sure if implemented but notification of each stage processed on orders (communication is key).
    A product wishlist (so you can get popular items in)
    A welcome bonus of some sort (% off or £5 off a x spend, etc) for first time shoppers
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Thanks

I like the simple clean design, the category break downs are fast and well thought out.

Not a big fan of pink myself, I didnt like the reductions tab with 3000+ reduced items seems like its the entire stock.

Id like a better returns poilcy, if id bought a graphics card and it failed after 6 weeks, i like to see a swap out system critical hardware instead of having to wait a month for it to go the the manufacturers etc.

Thanks
    • rufeo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Cosmos 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240 PVA

Good general layout of the site. The tabs aren't repeated on both the top and side bars, makes it more efficient and clean. Gives me the impression that the company is may well be up to the same standard as the nicely designed website. Also the main options and what most people would need to go to are on the top. There's ben so many times I've tried to find the delivery info/prices and have had to search for a link (sometimes its at the bottom and in small print!)

I really the best sellers window and how it changes according to which section of the site you're on, it gives a quick reference to what people are buying if you have no clue what you should be buying.

The filtering options could be a lot better. It's nice to have the main options filtered eg. in components, options for hard drive, video cards etc. and also the brand, but i think a bit more filtering could make it easier to find things instead of resorting to going through loads and loads f pages or by using the search engine. So for instances, in hard drives you could have filter options for the interface of the drive, the speed and also the size. either a style like the ones on dabs.com or scan.co.uk would be better in my opinion, with scan's probably being marginally better.

Also i think there's too much going on in the sides of the website. I think the advertising of offers could maybe be put into the 'reductions' section and call it the 'offers' or 'deals' sections. As i think i at the moment it distracts my attention from the middle of the page, its more of an annoyance issue more than anything.

Good communication and making it seem like we're dealing with real people instead of an automated process so we feel more valued and cared for as customers. This I think is really important, as I'd rather buy things at a place where I trust that if I have any issues I'll get a genuine person on the other end who seems like they're willing to help instead of someone who's going through a checklist and doesn't think outside the box. This isn't just confined to problems but also other aspects, like for instances scan have options where you can suggested a product and if people are interested in it then scan will look at the possibility of getting it in stock, and also if you've found a good price elsewhere you can tell them and they'll get back to you with a better offer (hopefully!) or if you're buying a lot they can offer you a price for the bundle. It's little things like this that makes it seem like they value us as customers and go beyond what other companies are willing to do to a) keep the customers happy and b) value our opinions and try and make themselves better for us and themselves.

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks

1. I liked the relatively clean layout, while still providing good pictures of the product, allowing user reviews and the live stock check, very useful!
    2.I thought the site was very good, I didn't like the advertising down the sides as I didn't think it really fitted, were it done in a slightly different style it might.
    3. I'd like actual product photos, taken by the staff, some websites have detailed unboxed photos of the product or a video, enabling you to get a better idea of what you are buying.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thanks

More Computers has a good range of products and from what I can see reasonable prices, (I will be bookmarking) The site is easy to navigate and has good features such as Order Tracking and the option to pay with Paypal and Google Checkout. Fantastic

I would however like to see different ways of filtering products, such as motherboards by processor socket types, and RAM by speed or size, without having to do a title (name) search, I like to filter products and then order by ascending price when I purchase.

If I could change one thing it would certainly be more category strings attached to each product to filter them by useful and important differences in specifications rather than brand, which I find to be less important when purchasing hardware.

James

p.s

I like the idea of providing Motherboard, CPU, and RAM combo's for a slightly discounted price. But mainly are good for consumer that are unsure of what specifications will mesh, i.e DDR 1/2/3, AMD,Intel and differing sockets . . . and so on . .
    Last edited by James131; 27-08-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Afterthoughts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information