Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Thanks

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

omg HEXUS, what have you become.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

A touch of honesty, I like it.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Ok, you obviously didn't read any of the items at ebay did you, how do you think the files get on the consoles?

You pay for a memory card, not the files. It's just that the memory card has the files on it.

So it's perfectly ok
    Andy hows online play on PES09? i heard its a nightmare according to various users.

here is one that states even a bug on GK's in this game:

Quote Originally Posted by BURNA View Post
    Right. As an experienced online player and PES editor, here is my opinion on online play on PES2009...

Communication - UNACCEPTABLE - You cannot type to each other in-game OR edit the preset in-game phrases, just choose from a list of preset ones......WHERE THE HELL HAS THE FUN GONE?????

Bugs - UNACCEPTABLE - This is what happened on EVERY one of my opponents Goal Kicks....He ran around the ball 3 or 4 times, picked it up and it somehow became a throw
    YouTube - PES2009 online GK bug

Goalkeepers - STILL UNACCEPTABLE - It honestly baffles me that after last year's goalkeepers, they only improve them 20%...still leaving them 80% useless, compared to last year's 100% useless. I can't see this ever being improved by a patch. Basically, it's now obvious that they don't want to improve the goalkeepers.

Gameplay - UNACCEPTABLE - Now that i have played against another human being, it is quite obvious that the game favours the top players EVEN MORE and makes them unstoppable eg. Messi, Cronaldo and even the Mighty Park Jee Sung. Every team below the top teams CANNOT pass a ball to a team mate, it goes STRAIGHT TO the better ranked team's player. This annoyed us in PES6.....now it is EVEN WORSE. I for one don't want to play Barcelona vs Manchester United EVERY game.

I have enjoyed playing and editing ISS and Pro Evolution Soccer up until PES6.....now....no more. My experience of PES2009 is the last straw. I hugely anticipated BIG improvments on last year's disaster online, because of the fact that it WAS such a disaster.....KONAMI HAVE NOT DELIVERED AN ACCEPTABLE GAME OR ONLINE SERVICE AGAIN!!!!!

In my honest opinion, PES is now aimed directly at children and not more experienced gamers. This is not a football simulation anymore, if i was 7 years old, i'd love it because you can run past a whole team with the right player. They had the best Football simulation in the world for years....now they've screwed it up. There are so many bigger games than this that work almost faultlessly online (World of Warcraft for example)....and what do they put into PES????

But at the end of the day...they don't care.....the world is huge place full of children who's parents will buy this game.

If anyone disagrees with me and is enjoying the game, then fine...enjoy yourselves by all means. But at the moment, i am so dissappointed that Konami have taken our money again, and let us down again.

I was tempted in buying this game for £16 in tesco's yesterday but if online is broken like last year i wont bother

EDIT: Here is the video link of that GK bug. is the guy above me not playing the same game as u and others? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yLWUjkh-CdI

Also whats this all about? is this true too?
    the keepers are a total joke, the fact that they parry and spill 90%
    Last edited by j.o.s.h.1408; 19-10-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Josh, mate, anyone of us could go and look around a few forums, find someone mouthing off about FIFA, about how its boring, about how the 10-vs-10 online is a farce, about how its just chavs shouting at each other, everyone tries to score, and you just get pens and offsides.

I'm sick of your attempts at point scoring now.

If you want to know if PES is any good or not, play it, but please stop trying to disguise your attempts at point scoring behind these 'questions'.

You managed to find a post by someone who doesn't like PES, and you've posted it here. Big deal. Well done.

Shall I go and find a post from someone who doesn't like FIFA and post it?

No, don't think I'll bother.

Now stop being a child please. There's a good chap.

is the guy above me not playing the same game as u and others?
    No, he's playing the same game, he just has a different opinion.

Do you see?

Mate, if you are going to waste everyone's time with this mush, at least have the decency to write the posts yourself.
    Last edited by Stewart; 19-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

I don't play online Josh i wouldn't know. Although i had herd about a goalkeeper bug. But for fifa, go figure.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6IeOAqYbM

Theo walcott missing
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZIPoTc15c

Magical crossbar
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4-z81cjGmak

I've had the ball magicly go through the side of the net (on the outside) then hit the back of the net and bounce out. Shame it was still given as a goal kick.

There are lots of bugs in both games

And the only bug i've seen in PES though is in the 9th training match in become a legend where after the match on leaving it gets back to the main menu then every time without fail i get a CTD. Not that i'm worried i didn't like become a legend anyway.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post

Do you see?

Mate, if you are going to waste everyone's time with this mush, at least have the decency to write the posts yourself.

If you want to know if PES is any good or not, play it, but please stop trying to disguise your attempts at point scoring behind these 'questions'.
    i played the demo and the demo doesnt tell me the full story like how good it is online

No, he's playing the same game, he just has a different opinion.
    Yes his playing the same game but i wasnt asking andy if he thought the game was good. read my post again mate i wanted to know if online play is lag free and if that goalkeeper perrys most shots and also if that youtube game vid happens to him.
    If not Andy can you post and tell us if online play is good?

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    i played the demo and the demo doesnt tell me the full story like how good it is online

Yes his playing the same game but i wasnt asking andy if he thought the game was good. read my post again mate i wanted to know if online play is lag free and if that goalkeeper perrys most shots and also if that youtube game vid happens to him.
    If not Andy can you post and tell us if online play is good?
    I didn't really want to play PES again but i'll give online a go and give an honest account of the PC version and get back.

Banned
    Thanks

Online is fine on Legends mode, which is all I've played, I've heard everything from fine to quite laggy for normal online... so it varies.

The keepers are fine for me, I don't find that too many goals are scored from keeper fumbles, they don't catch very often admittedly, but they will tend to palm the ball out of play rather than spill it in the box.

Its certainly not something you'd notice, not in the single player anyway which is mostly what I've played.
    Last edited by Stewart; 19-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    I don't play online Josh i wouldn't know. Although i had herd about a goalkeeper bug. But for fifa, go figure.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6IeOAqYbM

Theo walcott missing
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZIPoTc15c

Magical crossbar
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4-z81cjGmak

I've had the ball magicly go through the side of the net (on the outside) then hit the back of the net and bounce out. Shame it was still given as a goal kick.

There are lots of bugs in both games

And the only bug i've seen in PES though is in the 9th training match in become a legend where after the match on leaving it gets back to the main menu then every time without fail i get a CTD. Not that i'm worried i didn't like become a legend anyway.
    AHHHH me and u are not on the same page. the links you provided gave me the impression that your comparing the PC version of FIFA

There is me think you was on about the console version while all along i have been comparing pes overal to the console version only of fifa as i know that fifa in the pc is bad.

before you say, pc is different then the console and how i should compare like for like, PES on the pc is a direct port from the 360 version ie it has same modes, same teams, same gameplay, same everything while the fifa on the pc as aposed to the 360 and ps3 version is like night and day.

no wonder why i have not experience the bugs u mentioned in the 2nd page of this thread.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Online is fine on Legends mode, which is all I've played, I've heard everything from fine to quite laggy for normal online... so it varies.

The keepers are fine for me, I don't find that too many goals are scored from keeper fumbles, they don't catch very often admittedly, but they will tend to palm the ball out of play rather than spill it in the box.

Its certainly not something you'd notice, not in the single player anyway which is mostly what I've played.
    cheers, next time post like that instead of calling me a child ok. where suppose to be "friends" now

Banned
    Thanks

Next time ask your own questions without hiding them behind a massive anti-PES post you found on some other forum, mate.

BTW - everything I say is about the 360 version of PES, I've not played or seen any other.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

i dont see what the fuss is about, i dont see any point in playing fifa or pes. It might just be me but i play a game as its something you cant do(or VERY hard to) so like playing gears of war, football i can just go out side and play with mates. I downloaded both the pes09 and fifa 09 demo on pc and graphically they were both OK and nothing more, i had more fun playing old 96 football games as tackling a player/goal keep kept me amused for ages. The cloths look like they have creases just shoved ontop as they dont move, i got bored after 30mins playing both of them.

Now im not trying to say they are both bad(although i sound like it) its probably just because i dont get much fun out of the newer football games as i used to, i dont see much change from 08-09 apart from abit better gfx and new players etc. If you like them then great, no point slaggin the other just because you think its better, its like ps3 vs 360 as there isnt an answer they both have pros and cons.

Stop bitching and just play the game is my honest opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    AHHHH me and u are not on the same page. the links you provided gave me the impression that your comparing the PC version of FIFA

There is me think you was on about the console version while all along i have been comparing pes overal to the console version only of fifa as i know that fifa in the pc is bad.

before you say, pc is different then the console and how i should compare like for like, PES on the pc is a direct port from the 360 version ie it has same modes, same teams, same gameplay, same everything while the fifa on the pc as aposed to the 360 and ps3 version is like night and day.

no wonder why i have not experience the bugs u mentioned in the 2nd page of this thread.

Eer no. I have the 360 version of fifa and the PC version of PES.
    Those bugs i have mentioned are in the console version of fifa and also with the ball going through the side netting to hit the back of the net.
    But no havn't seen the youtube vid bugs in the console version. Just the long list i laid out earlier.

Back to the origional point as to if it's still lagging. Well the PC version. Yes horribly.
    The Bug with the goalkeeper happens when you try to kick out using long pass, the first time the keeper stood there untill my defender ran up to the ball and touched it then he jumped on it and dropped kicked it out. The second time the goal keeper jumped on the ball aafter just a few seconds of standing over it. So promptly started playing it short.
    But yes it's still laggy and to the point where it's almost unplayable but not quite. But it does pi** you off.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    i dont see what the fuss is about, i dont see any point in playing fifa or pes. It might just be me but i play a game as its something you cant do(or VERY hard to) so like playing gears of war, football i can just go out side and play with mates. I downloaded both the pes09 and fifa 09 demo on pc and graphically they were both OK and nothing more, i had more fun playing old 96 football games as tackling a player/goal keep kept me amused for ages. The cloths look like they have creases just shoved ontop as they dont move, i got bored after 30mins playing both of them.

Now im not trying to say they are both bad(although i sound like it) its probably just because i dont get much fun out of the newer football games as i used to, i dont see much change from 08-09 apart from abit better gfx and new players etc. If you like them then great, no point slaggin the other just because you think its better, its like ps3 vs 360 as there isnt an answer they both have pros and cons.

Stop bitching and just play the game is my honest opinion.
    Yeah Steven... GROW UP!

I don't want to read through this bickering while I'm eating my breakfast.

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

No, its because I think Pro Evo is more fun to play this time around.

Do you see?
    My comment wasnt aimed at you, or anyone in particular.

Banned
    Thanks

Furry muff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information