Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

After all the....er, um, "debate" over FIFA or PES, dare I ask the following:

FIFA 09 - 360 or PS3?

Seriously, I cannot find any where that seems to compare the two....Are they identical?
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    After all the....er, um, "debate" over FIFA or PES, dare I ask the following:

FIFA 09 - 360 or PS3?

Seriously, I cannot find any where that seems to compare the two....Are they identical?
    yea there identical. same features, gameplay and graphics

3. Received thanks from:

shaithis (20-10-2008)

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Interesting point, my mate at work has the PC version of fifa and his brother has the 360 version.
    He say the PC version is better and none of the bugs i was talking about he's seen.

Any thoughts (sencible, and from those that have played both) as to how the PC version compares to the console version?
    The demo for the PC version doesn't give much away.

Thanks

Is anyone actually still playing Fifa now that PES is out?

I feel compelled to ask, having both games, and the opportunity to directly compare the both.

As much as I enjoyed Fifa, its light years behind the frankly awesome new PES.

Oh, and to answer an earlier question (and again I have both) The 360 is far superior in most gameplay regards to the PS3. In fact I use my Sony machine only for bluray movies now.
    Xbox 360 is the future.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mawson View Post
    Is anyone actually still playing Fifa now that PES is out?

I feel compelled to ask, having both games, and the opportunity to directly compare the both.

As much as I enjoyed Fifa, its light years behind the frankly awesome new PES.

Oh, and to answer an earlier question (and again I have both) The 360 is far superior in most gameplay regards to the PS3. In fact I use my Sony machine only for bluray movies now.
    Xbox 360 is the future.
    I can only assume you are on a wind up on both points.

PES is a joke compared to FIFA, an arcade game for people who have little understanding of football or who do but just want cheap easy thrills over realism and pay off.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Banned
    Thanks

Or a football game that is (imo) more fun to play than FIFA.

Revol, this weird habbit you have, of constantly trying to make anyone who disagrees with you out to be a fool in some way... 'has no understanding of football', 'just want cheap thrills', do you do it for a reason?

I mean, I'd assume that people who play PES play it because they enjoy it more, and people who play FIFA play it because they enjoy that more.

Apparently, you assume that anyone who plays the one that you don't play, is some sort of imbecile.

Now, I'll ask you directly - why do you do this? Are you angry about something in life, and you blow off steam by doing this, or is there some other reason?

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

I guess pes is like grid then? you get the hardcore sim racing games but grid=decent gfx and very fun to play . I still think football on the commadore was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

Out of interest have any of you played PES08 on the Wii?, the game where so many different possibilities come up with the control system?.

I say this as i've played the new demo's of Fifa09 and since having PES08 and being able to play the most sublime passes ever, exactly where i want it to go, moving players off the ball with the remote while running with the ball on the nunchuck the rest of the games seem so boring.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Or a football game that is (imo) more fun to play than FIFA.

Revol, this weird habbit you have, of constantly trying to make anyone who disagrees with you out to be a fool in some way... 'has no understanding of football', 'just want cheap thrills', do you do it for a reason?

I mean, I'd assume that people who play PES play it because they enjoy it more, and people who play FIFA play it because they enjoy that more.

Apparently, you assume that anyone who plays the one that you don't play, is some sort of imbecile.

Now, I'll ask you directly - why do you do this? Are you angry about something in life, and you blow off steam by doing this, or is there some other reason?
    You might notice some symmetry hear, no? You claim PES is more fun to play and I say that 'fun' needs defining against criteria. My opinion about FIFA and PES is one shared by almost every professional critic and the thousands of previous PES fans (like myself) who are deserting the dead horse of PES in their droves.

PES used to be the most realistic game of football that put reward and depth above one dimensional arcadey gameplay but now the roles have reversed and I'm left baffled how people who loved PES of old can continue to put up with it since it has become everything it stood against in relation to earlier FIFA's.

You're entitled to your view but you might want to consider why it is completely at odds with the vast majority of reviewers and the majority of gamers.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    You might notice some symmetry hear, no? You claim PES is more fun to play and I say that 'fun' needs defining against criteria. My opinion about FIFA and PES is one shared by almost every professional critic and the thousands of previous PES fans (like myself) who are deserting the dead horse of PES in their droves.

PES used to be the most realistic game of football that put reward and depth above one dimensional arcadey gameplay but now the roles have reversed and I'm left baffled how people who loved PES of old can continue to put up with it since it has become everything it stood against in relation to earlier FIFA's.

You're entitled to your view but you might want to consider why it is completely at odds with the vast majority of reviewers and the majority of gamers.
    PES is actually top of all top seller lists at play.com.
    Although more people will play fifa, there's not going to be much difference.

It's not all that realistic for players to stand too far foward for a header, niether is it realistic that league 2 strikers can't score.
    So back to the origional point i was trying to make, has anyone got a good comparison between the PC and console version of fifa (educated opinion)

Banned
    Thanks

<snip usually nonsense>

No, you obviously didn't read what I wrote.

I'm not interested in your opinion, or indeed the opinion of 'every other reviewer', which is, by the way, something you made up.

I asked why you constantly throw out abusive terms, such as 'knows nothing about football', etc, etc.

On the subject of PES, as I've said before, I played the FIFA09 demo, I played the PES09 demo, I decided PES was more fun, I got PES.

Now, read that over and over until you understand. Its nothing to do with me being a fool. Its nothing to do with me knowing nothing about video games. Its nothing to do with me knowing nothing about football.

I thought PES was more enjoyable to play, so... wait for it... wait for it... I got PES.

I have no idea why you think I'd need to justify my own personal opinion against your criteria.

'I like apples' 'Oh yeah, well I don't and nor does my friend, so justify to me why apples are tasty!'

Now unless you have something to add that isn't along the lines of 'OMFG11! Anyone who plays PES is a spastic!!1 LOL!11!', I think thats an end of it.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    <snip usually nonsense>

No, you obviously didn't read what I wrote.

I'm not interested in your opinion, or indeed the opinion of 'every other reviewer', which is, by the way, something you made up.

I asked why you constantly throw out abusive terms, such as 'knows nothing about football', etc, etc.

On the subject of PES, as I've said before, I played the FIFA09 demo, I played the PES09 demo, I decided PES was more fun, I got PES.

Now, read that over and over until you understand. Its nothing to do with me being a fool. Its nothing to do with me knowing nothing about video games. Its nothing to do with me knowing nothing about football.

I thought PES was more enjoyable to play, so... wait for it... wait for it... I got PES.

I have no idea why you think I'd need to justify my own personal opinion against your criteria.

'I like apples' 'Oh yeah, well I don't and nor does my friend, so justify to me why apples are tasty!'

Now unless you have something to add that isn't along the lines of 'OMFG11! Anyone who plays PES is a spastic!!1 LOL!11!', I think thats an end of it.
    How many times now? I'm simply asking you to explain WHY you prefer PES, WHY you think it is more fun to play, and what ofcourse what your criteria for measuring fun is. It's hardly unreasonable to ask such questions in a discussion comparing two games. I've gave my reasons as to why I prefer FIFA and I have tied them into why I've previously went for the PES games (up till 2008), I'm simply asking that you give some reasons for your opinion, afterall if all discussion stopped at 'I like it' or if reviewers simply said "Crap game, didn't like it" it'd be a pretty poor showing.

Banned
    Thanks

Why?

Well, maybe its just because I've had contact with the FIFA series over the years, from right back on the MegaDrive, through all the consoles, right up to today, so I'm over exposed to it, and bored of it.

PES, on the other hand, I've not played previously.

Specifically though, I liked the flow of PES09 over FIFA09, within a few games I was knocking the ball around at will, having goal mouth scrambles, heading free kicks off the line, etc.

FIFA was a more studied pass, pass, pass, shoot. Goal kick. Pass, pass, pass, shoot. Goal kick.

If thats what you are looking for, great.

Another issue was the way the ball, on FIFA, doesn't feel like an independent entity. Sometimes you feel that when you do a certain action, say a high pass, whatever, the game engine decides whats going to happen, then you watch it happen, you can't influence it.

As an example, I'd throw the ball with my keeper to a player of mine, as it was rolling towords him I'd notice that a player on the other team was running towords the ball and would get to it before the ball got to my player.

So I'd try to move my player to the ball, rather than waiting for it to come to me, and he just wouldn't move. The game engine has already decided that the opposition gets the ball, and I have to just watch it happen, because the ball isn't an independent entity.

Its something thats bugged me in previous FIFAs, so as soon as it happened in 09, i was open to an alternative. PES seemed to be more free flowing - I didn't get any situations where I had to watch a pre determined series of events play out, what happened was down to me.

Also it was the right balance of arcady and sim. Enough sim to be a believable game of football, arcady enough to actually be enjoyable to play, and not feel like a job.

FIFA was the game I'd played a million times before, with the same little niggles that annoy me. PES was fresh, the ball fizzes and pops around in a more pleasing fashion, and was more enjoyable.

I've been playing video games for many a year, and it was very clear to my trained eye after an hour or two with the respective demos that FIFA looked better, PES played better. In my opinion, the looks, whilst nice, are not as important as actually enjoying the game, 6 months down the line.

And that, me old cocker, in a nutshell, was why I got PES.

Thanks

I can only assume you are on a wind up on both points.

PES is a joke compared to FIFA, an arcade game for people who have little understanding of football or who do but just want cheap easy thrills over realism and pay off.
    Not at all, both are informed opinions having played both games and both formats.

FIFA continues to lack the flare and gameplay of PES, yes, sure, FIFA looks shiny but (yawn) thats not enough for the true football fan.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mawson View Post
    Not at all, both are informed opinions having played both games and both formats.

FIFA continues to lack the flare and gameplay of PES, yes, sure, FIFA looks shiny but (yawn) thats not enough for the true football fan.
    LOL, have you played FIF 09 on the PS3 or 360, it's ten times more realistic than PES2009 and I say that as someone who was a PES player till 2008.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

LOL, have you played FIF 09 on the PS3 or 360, it's ten times more realistic than PES2009 and I say that as someone who was a PES player till 2008.
    LOL? its just a football game, go play outside for a few mins. No one is right and no one is rwrong, why do you have to say everyone is wrong if they have a different opinion?. It isnt 10 times more realistic, i played both fifa 09 and pes 09 and I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL GAMES so my opinion is less bias and they both are OK nothing ground breaking and they are both similar.

Also pc is a pes 09 winner because fifa 09 is shocking on there but for consoles they are both similar, pros and cons.

Download fifa 09 on pc since you support them illegal torrents, will save you some money and you can find some more amazing points about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information