Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    LOL? its just a football game, go play outside for a few mins. No one is right and no one is rwrong, why do you have to say everyone is wrong if they have a different opinion?. It isnt 10 times more realistic, i played both fifa 09 and pes 09 and I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL GAMES so my opinion is less bias and they both are OK nothing ground breaking and they are both similar.

Also pc is a pes 09 winner because fifa 09 is shocking on there but for consoles they are both similar, pros and cons.

Download fifa 09 on pc since you support them illegal torrents, will save you some money and you can find some more amazing points about it.
    I've got FIFA 09 on the PC, it's pish and if I didn't have a 360 i'd be stuck with PES2009 on the PC as the best football game available to me, however FIFA 09 on the 360 and PS3 wipes the floor with PES2009.

I've played alot of football games and was a massive fan of the old Pro Evo's but PES2008 was a massive step back whilst FIFA 08 was a leap forward. PES2009 is a step forward from PES2008 but doesn't have what it takes to get near FIFA 09, it's barely a tip toe past PES6.

I think the trade in market will pass the final judgement on PES2009.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

LOL? its just a football game, go play outside for a few mins. No one is right and no one is rwrong, why do you have to say everyone is wrong if they have a different opinion?. It isnt 10 times more realistic, i played both fifa 09 and pes 09 and I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL GAMES so my opinion is less bias and they both are OK nothing ground breaking and they are both similar.

Also pc is a pes 09 winner because fifa 09 is shocking on there but for consoles they are both similar, pros and cons.

Download fifa 09 on pc since you support them illegal torrents, will save you some money and you can find some more amazing points about it.

can u specify how they are similar please?

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

oh god, they are both football games and so far they both have their ups and downs so they even themselves out. I wouldnt say any of them are HUGELY better because that is certainly not true, its a matter of opinion which is why no one is completely wrong. GFX they are similar, gameplay they are similar apart from fifa has the paspaspaspas shoot sorta thing.

Im leaving this topic as its crap .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

oh god, they are both football games and so far they both have their ups and downs so they even themselves out. I wouldnt say any of them are HUGELY better because that is certainly not true, its a matter of opinion which is why no one is completely wrong. GFX they are similar, gameplay they are similar apart from fifa has the paspaspaspas shoot sorta thing.

Im leaving this topic as its crap .
    no1 is wrong but try and post reasons why instead of saying there both the same, end of post sort of thing lol.

6. Received thanks from:

Hicks12 (28-10-2008)

Thanks

Good points raised.

So to try and be constructive, here goes.

First, I played FIFA 2009 for a period of 2 weeks, before playing the new PES 2009. So I've immersed myself in both games.

I played both on my 360, I also have purchased both on the PS3, but traded them in, the PS3 simply does not compete, but thats another matter.

FIFA is actually pretty good, it looks lovely and has all the licences. I know this is important to some people. However, its gameplay is still flawed.
    It is slow, cumbersome, and doesn't allow for the skill of individual players to come into play fully. Players feel like they are on rails, perhaps following a pre-determined path, this thankfully is not the case with PES where the individual players move with a great deal more fluidity.

In essence, that is the core difference between the two, that and some AI issues with FIFA that remain from numerous editions in the past.

FIFA then is just not as skilled at presenting the beautiful game as it should be, there are those players that can forgive this because it looks shiny, some may accuse these players of being shallow, far be it for me to make such an assumption!

I however find myself unable to forgive this in FIFA, I always have preferred gameplay over looks, for this reason I remain a PES player. As I have done every couple of years, I have given FIFA a very thorough play, given it every chance to impress me. Again, it failed.

Mawson out.
    Last edited by Mawson; 06-11-2008 at 06:16 PM.

8. Received thanks from:

Hicks12 (05-11-2008)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information