Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

Banned
    Thanks

Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

Quote Originally Posted by MouseMonkey View Post
    As Lucid is heavily funded by Intel and Intel are facing another round of lawsuits for uncompetitive behaviour it seems more likely that they would ask for the chip to be shelved as they are the ones responsible for trying to push Nvidia out of the chipset business, but blind prejudice cannot see the obvious it seems.
    Curse NVIDIA! Always pushing little companies like Intel around.......errrr......hmmm.......

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Curse NVIDIA! Always pushing little companies like Intel around.......errrr......hmmm.......

It's always amusing watching the Ati/AMD fanboys (and girls) going off half cocked. Back on topic, have AMD come forward yet with any proof that they did indeed provide the code that Eidos asked them for?

Long Time Lurker
    Thanks

As Lucid is heavily funded by Intel and Intel are facing another round of lawsuits for uncompetitive behaviour it seems more likely that they would ask for the chip to be shelved as they are the ones responsible for trying to push Nvidia out of the chipset business, but blind prejudice cannot see the obvious it seems.
    Push NV out of the chipset business? Thats a good one. I think they managed that themselves.

Pissed off Intel and thus are refused a licence. (and seriously folks... telling Intel you can do it better without putting your ducks in a row was just retarded)
    Dropped/fell behind AMD chipsets. (Thou tbh... Soundstorm and the NF2 was the peak. NF3 sucked in comparison)

NV should be praying for Lucid to get it properly working. Might be able to sell more GFX cards. Its got better scaling than straight SLI.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mercyground View Post
    Push NV out of the chipset business? Thats a good one. I think they managed that themselves.

Pissed off Intel and thus are refused a licence. (and seriously folks... telling Intel you can do it better without putting your ducks in a row was just retarded)
    Dropped/fell behind AMD chipsets. (Thou tbh... Soundstorm and the NF2 was the peak. NF3 sucked in comparison)

NV should be praying for Lucid to get it properly working. Might be able to sell more GFX cards. Its got better scaling than straight SLI.
    Yeah, silly me. If Nvidia felt that Intel was pushing them out of the chipset business they would have filed a lawsuit surely, oh wait they did!

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news...n-schedule.ars

Overclocking Since 1988 nightkhaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I could tell you that a manager at NVIDIA told me they've never even seen Hydra, much less tried to block it coming to market. (true)
    Prove it. Get someone at NVIDIA to give their offical position on NVIDIA then. Lars is yet to reply to Richard, and Richard is let to reply to Lars. We need some kind of break to the statemate we have no reached, and if changing topics to Lucid does it... well let's do it.

If you're in contact with a manager at NVIDIA surely you can make this happen.

Oh and finally, a manager is hardly conclusive when it comes to a company as large as NVIDIA. The left hand does not know what the right foot does now does it?

Yeah, silly me. If Nvidia felt that Intel was pushing them out of the chipset business they would have filed a lawsuit surely, oh wait they did!

Linkage
    Thanks, we are well aware of the Intel/NVIDIA suit going on at the moment. If Intel are being anti-competitive, that does not excuse NVIDIA. That's like saying "we should excuse Bob from stealing Alice's TV because Charlie stole Bob's DVD player."

Let's look at the state of play so far.

Are Intel being anticompetive by dropping NVIDIA out of the chipset market? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being anticompetive by dropping Lucid out of the multi-GPU load balancing market? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being anticompetive by preventing consumers using a dedicated PhysX card when their primary display adapter is not NVIDIA? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDA being anticompetive by locking out AMD from supplying AntiA code for Batman AA? Yes, if proved true. Also are AMD trying to underhanded tactics to hide the fact they failed to produce and provide AntiA code for Batman AA? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being unfair to consumers by proving poorly build modules that cannot handle multiple thermal cycles that will cause instablity and failure in systems after prolonged use shorter than a reasonable product lifetime, or constant cycling through the thermal cycle such as in laptops, which reduces the effective product lifetime even futher, and not offering replacements when they do fail? Yes, if proved true.

So those are the current points of contention. My view based upon the evidence posted to these this thread thus far.

NVIDIA v Intel; Re: Chipsets = True
    NVIDIA v Lucid = Contention, evidence points towards True
    NVIDIA PhysX = True
    NVIDIA v AMD; Re: Batman AA = Contention
    NVIDIA GPUs thermal lifecycle = True
    Desktop (Cy): Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz, Prolimatech Megahalems, Gigabyte X58-UD5, Patriot Viper DDR3 6GiB @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-20 2T, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 Co-Op, Asus Xonar D2X, Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD-500, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0, 4x Samsung EcoDrive 1.5TB F2s in RAID 5, Corsair HX 750W PSU, Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos Sport (Custom), 4x Noctua P12s, 6x Noctua S12Bs, Sony Optiarc DVD+/-RW, Windows 7 Professional Edition, Dell 2408WFP, Mirai 22" HDTV

MacBook Pro (Voyager): Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.6GHz, 4GiB DDR2 RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA 8600GTM 512MB, SuperDrive, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 15.4" Matte Display

HTPC (Delta-Flyer): Intel Core 2 Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Zotec GeForce 9300-ITX, 2GiB of DDR2 Corsair XMS2 RAM, KWorld PE355-2T, Samsung EcoDrive F2 1.5TB, In-Win BP655, Noctua NF-R8, LiteOn BluRay ROM Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium, 42" Sony 1080p Television

i7 (Bloomfield) Overclocking Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I am not our father.

6. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),Phage (09-11-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightkhaos View Post
    Prove it. Get someone at NVIDIA to give their offical position on NVIDIA then. Lars is yet to reply to Richard, and Richard is let to reply to Lars. We need some kind of break to the statemate we have no reached, and if changing topics to Lucid does it... well let's do it.

If you're in contact with a manager at NVIDIA surely you can make this happen.

Oh and finally, a manager is hardly conclusive when it comes to a company as large as NVIDIA. The left hand does not know what the right foot does now does it?

Thanks, we are well aware of the Intel/NVIDIA suit going on at the moment. If Intel are being anti-competitive, that does not excuse NVIDIA. That's like saying "we should excuse Bob from stealing Alice's TV because Charlie stole Bob's DVD player."

Let's look at the state of play so far.

Are Intel being anticompetive by dropping NVIDIA out of the chipset market? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being anticompetive by dropping Lucid out of the multi-GPU load balancing market? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being anticompetive by preventing consumers using a dedicated PhysX card when their primary display adapter is not NVIDIA? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDA being anticompetive by locking out AMD from supplying AntiA code for Batman AA? Yes, if proved true. Also are AMD trying to underhanded tactics to hide the fact they failed to produce and provide AntiA code for Batman AA? Yes, if proved true.

Are NVIDIA being unfair to consumers by proving poorly build modules that cannot handle multiple thermal cycles that will cause instablity and failure in systems after prolonged use shorter than a reasonable product lifetime, or constant cycling through the thermal cycle such as in laptops, which reduces the effective product lifetime even futher, and not offering replacements when they do fail? Yes, if proved true.

So those are the current points of contention. My view based upon the evidence posted to these this thread thus far.

NVIDIA v Intel; Re: Chipsets = True
    NVIDIA v Lucid = Contention, evidence points towards True
    NVIDIA PhysX = True
    NVIDIA v AMD; Re: Batman AA = Contention
    NVIDIA GPUs thermal lifecycle = True
    You may not believe this, but me telling NVIDIA staff "Some guy on the forums demands you prove you had nothiong to do with Lucid!" may not send them scrambling to put together a staement on the subject.

Even if they did, you wouldn't believe them most likely- you apparently think it's a crime of some sort for them to protect their IP on the Batman AA, and want them to pay for QA to test ATi products so their competitors can benefit from the work and expense they have put in to PhysX.

Overclocking Since 1988 nightkhaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You may not believe this, but me telling NVIDIA staff "Some guy on the forums demands you prove you had nothiong to do with Lucid!" may not send them scrambling to put together a staement on the subject.
    I doubt I am the only one who is asking for comment, and yes I am aware that if it were just me asking, NVIDIA wouldn't need to comment. But if they want to be an open company who cares about gamers, as this entire thread is dedicated to proving or disproving, would it not be a wise, in terms of personal representation, for the company to take 5 minutes of their time to comply and give an offical statement on the issues outlayed here to HEXUS?

Even if they did, you wouldn't believe them most likely- you apparently think it's a crime of some sort for them to protect their IP on the Batman AA, and want them to pay for QA to test ATi products so their competitors can benefit from the work and expense they have put in to PhysX.
    It's not a crime, if in fact AMD were given to oppertunity AND ability to submit their own AntiA code, which thus far we have not seen proof off. You seem to have completely ignored this fact, NVIDIA are not at fault by protecting their IP, but they are at fault if they used any tactic, technically, monotary, or otherwise, to prevent AMD submiting their own IP to achieve the same purpose on their hardware.

That is why I said that this particular issue is in contention. In order words, in light of the evidence, I see no wrong doing by either party, but we do not have the complete picture. Something else I would like cleared up, by either of the 3 parties involved. So here is what I have been waiting around intently to know, so let's ask these questions directly shall we:

Richard, did you infact submit code for review, and if so, why was it rejected? If not, why have you not done this?

Lars, did your company put forward any limitation to AMD submiting their own AntiA code, be it a legal clause in the licensing agreemnt with Eidos, a technical limitation by your code, or by paying for exclusivity rights with Eidos?
    Desktop (Cy): Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz, Prolimatech Megahalems, Gigabyte X58-UD5, Patriot Viper DDR3 6GiB @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-20 2T, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 Co-Op, Asus Xonar D2X, Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD-500, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0, 4x Samsung EcoDrive 1.5TB F2s in RAID 5, Corsair HX 750W PSU, Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos Sport (Custom), 4x Noctua P12s, 6x Noctua S12Bs, Sony Optiarc DVD+/-RW, Windows 7 Professional Edition, Dell 2408WFP, Mirai 22" HDTV

MacBook Pro (Voyager): Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.6GHz, 4GiB DDR2 RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA 8600GTM 512MB, SuperDrive, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 15.4" Matte Display

HTPC (Delta-Flyer): Intel Core 2 Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Zotec GeForce 9300-ITX, 2GiB of DDR2 Corsair XMS2 RAM, KWorld PE355-2T, Samsung EcoDrive F2 1.5TB, In-Win BP655, Noctua NF-R8, LiteOn BluRay ROM Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium, 42" Sony 1080p Television

i7 (Bloomfield) Overclocking Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I am not our father.

9. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),Zhaoman (09-11-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I cannot find the thread on the Official Batman: AA forums....

Is it me being blind or has nVidia forced it's removal?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    Added bold is mine, saw something on IRC recently and thought I just must share.

11. Received thanks from:

aidanjt (10-11-2009),ajones (09-11-2009),CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),mercyground (09-11-2009),nightkhaos (09-11-2009)

Thanks

1. Nobody is expecting nVidia to supply ATi with free IP for their Batman deliverables. We want to know whether AMD collaboration was in some way blocked or did not exist.
    2. Your comment regarding PhysX is ridiculous! If I thought I could purchase a cheepo nVidia card to run PhysX on (IF I wanted PhysX) along side a decent ATi card, then I would consider it. However, I'm not at this present time going to risk purchasing an nVidia card for PhysX processing if there is a chance that nVidia drivers will break the configuration. In other words, no one is complaining about PhysX being nVidias IP.

Why would I want to partner an nVidia card for PhysX with an AMD graphics card? Because quite frankly, AMDs cards *at this current moment in time* are better, assuming you are not interested in nVidia proprietary features.

Corsair Air 540, Asus Prime X570-Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R9 3900X, Corsair HX 750, EVGA 1080 Ti, 2x Corsair 2TB MP600, 2x 2TB WD20EZRX, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Corsair 550D, Asus X470-Prime Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R7 2700, Corsair RM750i, Asus GTX780 Poseidon, 2x Sammy 500GB 970 EVO, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Synology DS918+ w/ 2xWDC Green 3TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 6TB, N2200 w/ 2xSammy 1.5TB
    backup:
    Corsair 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, Win 10 Pro, i5 4690, Corsair HX750i, Sapphire Fury X, 256GB Sammy SM951 M.2 (System), WD SE16 640GB, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100i

13. Received thanks from:

aidanjt (10-11-2009),CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),nightkhaos (09-11-2009),Perfectionist (09-11-2009),Zhaoman (09-11-2009)

Thanks

OK nobody post any more crap, nightkhaos has it pretty much wrapped up in 2 posts so we just need answers now. And I hope we get them.

15. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),mercyground (09-11-2009),nightkhaos (09-11-2009),Perfectionist (09-11-2009),Phage (09-11-2009)

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaoman View Post
    OK nobody post any more crap, nightkhaos has it pretty much wrapped up in 2 posts so we just need answers now. And I hope we get them.
    No more crap ?
    Sheeeesh - There goes my whole persona...
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

17. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2009),nightkhaos (09-11-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

In truth Intel, AMD and Nvidia are all "greedy" by this notion and I have NO issue with this as they are so valuable to the US economy and to computing in general. Their contributions allow computing to grow and for the US to be strong, so as far as I am concerned more power to all companies concerned!

Last edited by peterb; 10-11-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dadan View Post
    In truth Intel, AMD and Nvidia are all "greedy" by this notion and I have NO issue with this as they are so valuable to the US economy and to computing in general. Their contributions allow computing to grow and for the US to be strong, so as far as I am concerned more power to all companies concerned!

OK this 'greedy' business has been dealt with before. All companies are 'greedy' and strive to make the most profits but there is a difference between being competitive (good for the market and consumers) and anti-competitive (bad for the market and consumers). There is evidence to suggest nVidia are guilty of the latter so that is really not good news for us, whether you like your companies 'greedy' or not. For elaboration please read the Hexus article.

And why on earth did you include a link to truck parts with your post?? I daren't suggest the S word because it's being branded around a lot lately but maybe just maybe...
    Last edited by peterb; 10-11-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

look at his other posts, its just a spammer

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread Information