Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: QOTW: How do you feel after the EU referendum?

Thanks

Re: QOTW: How do you feel after the EU referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by outwar6010 View Post
    Pissed off and think that for the best of the uk, each Londoners vote should be worth more in the future.
    Absolutely. We are the wealth creators. The regions who voted out would have reduced wealth if the handouts from the EU and London were to stop.

I'm a proud Londoner and a shamed English man after this referendum. Time for London to have its devolution. Let's do the out on the outers.

Oh yeah, just one last thing - London voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and considering London has a bigger population than Northern Ireland and Scotland put together then we should have our own separate chart alongside with the other regions on the Hexus news page.

2. Received thanks from:

outwar6010 (03-07-2016),Pleiades (03-07-2016)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sykobee View Post

...killed off Boris...
    No it hasn't - like a bad penny he'll be back when he thinks the dust has settled.

4. Received thanks from:

Phage (03-07-2016),Pleiades (03-07-2016)

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Top_gun View Post
    Absolutely. We are the wealth creators. The regions who voted out would have reduced wealth if the handouts from the EU and London were to stop.

I'm a proud Londoner and a shamed English man after this referendum. Time for London to have its devolution. Let's do the out on the outers.

Oh yeah, just one last thing - London voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and considering London has a bigger population than Northern Ireland and Scotland put together then we should have our own separate chart alongside with the other regions on the Hexus news page.
    Whilst I understand your sentiment, it would be a dangerous road to go down "I earn more, therefore my vote is worth more". In fact, as you said, London has a large population and favoured Remain but was still outnumbered by the rest of the country. London as a city state has been proposed but I can't see it working. A lot of people commute and with controlled borders (you know, to stop those pesky Europeans sneaking in via London!) It would quickly deteriorate; if you thought London property prices were high before...

6. Received thanks from:

Phage (03-07-2016)

Thanks

If you're going to tell a lie, tell a big one.

Registered+
    Thanks

Feel like us Scot's were sold a pup!Vote leave to the UK & you can't stay in EU the biggest stick we were beaten with,we vote stay both times & get screwed twice.

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Scotland still looking more attractive than England to me right now.
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

10. Received thanks from:

Corky34 (03-07-2016),outwar6010 (03-07-2016),Pleiades (03-07-2016)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noxvayl View Post
    I'm ashamed to have heritage from this sorry island, and glad to be able to identify as African having grown up on the continent.

1 for nationalistic fervor - 0 for cooperation (at least in Europe).

I need some work experience (Civil Engineering student) and I'm now considering using the family I have back home to live with while I get some site based work experience. I'm also seriously considering whether living in the Northern Hemisphere is a good idea.

Lastly I'm glad I didn't waste any money on becoming a British citizen... who knows what good that is going to be in the future now.
    Bye, close the door on your way out. Insulting my homeland is your way of commenting on the referendum? And you wonder why people want to put a stop to uncontrolled migration because people like yourself admit to not liking the UK but was quite willing to use it to better yourself. Typical!
    Last edited by wobbly; 03-07-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Cheers

Wobbly

A pint in a glass is worth 2 in a can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    Whilst I understand your sentiment, it would be a dangerous road to go down "I earn more, therefore my vote is worth more". In fact, as you said, London has a large population and favoured Remain but was still outnumbered by the rest of the country. London as a city state has been proposed but I can't see it working. A lot of people commute and with controlled borders (you know, to stop those pesky Europeans sneaking in via London!) It would quickly deteriorate; if you thought London property prices were high before...
    For me, we have regions who are not pulling their economic weight. Whose people who are set on causing economic harm for the rest of the UK. It's like they're saying "we are not benefiting from the economy so neither will you". Leaving the EU will not all of a sudden make them prosper. Blaming immigrants for their shortfall is just a self-delusional thinking.

It makes sense to separate London from the rest of England on the basis of diametric reasons. We are different politically and intellectually.

13. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    • Bagpuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9-9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3400
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 512GB NVMe SSD, Crucial 1Tb NVMe SSD, 6Tb Seagate 7200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Black Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850 RMx 850 Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify C Copper Front Panel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG UK850 27in 4K HDR Freesync/Gsync
      • Internet:
      • Three Mobile 4G Unlimited Data (35-45Mbit)

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Scotland still looking more attractive than England to me right now.
    Wait until they lose all of their money from the rUK. they'll have to endure Greek levels of cutbacks and tax rises to fund their £15bn deficit if they leave the UK.

The only thing keeping Scotland afloat right now is the £10bn from the rUK.

Thanks
    • wazzickle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus H470M-itx
      • CPU:
      • i5 10500
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 HyperX Fury
      • Storage:
      • Barracuda 510 1TB M.2, WD Blue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 3070 Twin Edge
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SFX 600
      • Case:
      • Ghost S1 V2
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG IPS 27" 144Hz QHD
      • Internet:
      • three4g & nighthawk MR1100

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Bye, close the door on your way out. Insulting my homeland is your way of commenting on the referendum? And you wonder why people want to put a stop to uncontrolled migration because people like yourself admit to not liking the UK but was quite willing to use it to better yourself. Typical!
    It's people like you who give brits a bad name. I want you out.

16. Received thanks from:

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

For me, we have regions who are not pulling their economic weight. Whose people who are set on causing economic harm for the rest of the UK. It's like they're saying "we are not benefiting from the economy so neither will you".
    We have seem some evidence that some votes were a protest against the Government, but I don't think the majority of the Leave votes were that. Most people thought they would be better off leaving. If the campaigns had been done more competently, maybe people would have had a better idea of whether that would be true or not. However, I think the whole thing is to complex to say for definite for individual cases.

Leaving the EU will not all of a sudden make them prosper. Blaming immigrants for their shortfall is just a self-delusional thinking.
    Agreed, although I am sure there will be a couple of cases where this does come true.

It makes sense to separate London from the rest of England on the basis of diametric reasons. We are different politically and intellectually.
    The same could be said for the UK with regards to the EU! And I am sure you could break London down further if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Wait until they lose all of their money from the rUK. they'll have to endure Greek levels of cutbacks and tax rises to fund their £15bn deficit if they leave the UK.

The only thing keeping Scotland afloat right now is the £10bn from the rUK.
    Funny enough, I am sure the EU was thinking similar things about the UK! One of the reasons Scotland remained was that the Independant campaign originally said they would remain part of the EU by default, to which the EU basically said they would have to go through the same application process as any other country outside the EU. It will be interesting if they change their minds about that now and allow them to remain by default?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    They can have water from the north at 1 million pounds a gallon.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wazzickle View Post
    It's people like you who give brits a bad name. I want you out.
    How do I give "Brit"s a bad name? Come on really, I would like to know. I was just stating that some people in the UK feel that they are being taken for a ride. This is my opinion on how some people feel and believe it or not other people do have views which do not align with your own. However, as I have learnt recently, you are branded a racist, old, or fascist if you voted out. I'm not against free movement of people nor am I against the EU principle as a whole. What I am concerned for is my country's well being and that doesn't make me a racist, fascist but I can't change being old. The EU could have worked if they were willing to change with the times but it isn't willing to do that.

Would you stay with a woman that always said no and didn't want to entertain your ideas on how to keep your relationship in one piece? No, you would probably divorce her.

Ah well, you lost the vote and yet you all want another referendum? That's modern day democracy at it's best and knowing how the British are nowadays you will probably get it. However, iof it happens you will have far bigger problems to worry about that Scotland leaving as it will probably trigger riots across the UK.

However, as I said that's my opinion which is obviously not allowed on here anymore so I will STFU and not bother contributing. Same tree hugging bull#### everywhere.

Cheers

Wobbly

A pint in a glass is worth 2 in a can.

20. Received thanks from:

peterb (03-07-2016),TeePee (03-07-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    That was fantastic...

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband

Brilliant. Haven't laughed so much in years. People throwing their toys out the pram and panicking over nothing and the establishment getting a bloody nose has been thoroughly entertaining.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    • Roobubba's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55 GD60
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 860 @ 3.58GHz (Megahalems + Apache)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Patriot Viper DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Intel X25-M + bunch of HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5870 + Earplugs.
      • PSU:
      • TAGAN 800W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1110 (bit disappointing)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" LCD (TN)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MBit

It's a national disgrace. I'm utterly sickened by the lies from leave - yes remain was terrible, but almost nothing leave said was true, and they have immediately back-tracked on their 'key' points. Aaron Banks admitted early on that "remain has all the facts" - ie leave was all about emotion and stirring up anger at Cameron.
    Cameron's call for a referendum was a power grab tactic in 2015 of the lowest order. The reason it really backfired was that he didn't care which way it went (he's got his millions anyway thanks), it served its purpose of getting Tory power without any form of control from eg Lib Dems as in the previous term.
    But all leaders in the last few decades have been 'blaming' the EU and claiming they've had to have really tough negotiations for Britain, but they won (!), so there has been a stirring up of resentment against the EU, based largely (but not exclusively) on falsehoods, for decades.
    Couple that innate bias against the EU with the years of austerity that have left the poorest in society in a far worse state, with a widening wealth gap, and a PM they can finally blame, and a campaign from the absolute pits of hell, and you have a perfect storm to trick as many people into hating the EU instead of seeing the very real benefits - as well as some of the negative sides - which have helped us get to the 5th largest economy globally. Oh sorry, 6th now. GJ outers. :/

The real problem is right wing politics, unchallenged on the left in large part due to massive right-wing bias in the media, but also a 'left' which is composed heavily of blairite labour MPs - ie tory-lite!

Before very recently starting out as an indie developer, I spent many years in academic drug discovery working on cancer and tuberculosis therapeutics. I may have to give up my very new career as an indie developer if the country's state doesn't improve. Almost the entire science community was for remain, not because they have noses in the trough, but because of the very real organisational and leadership benefits our EU membership brings, along with free movement of people which is absolutely critical in scientific research. But this wasn't a vote about facts. It wasn't a vote about the EU, it was for many a vote about 'do you like Cameron and Osborne,' and the obvious answer to *that* question is NO.

I feel devastated by the lack of ability of people to see how they were played by the clever leave campaign. If leave had been selling something, they'd be in prison now for the lies they told, but because they were not held accountable for anything they said or printed, they could just go gung-ho on the bollocks to deceive as many as possible.
    Couple of useful links about what we may still be able to do to maintain our EU membership:

https://www.facebook.com/Universityo...4633102897424/

https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/2016/07/...y-1-july-2016/

And the most important one PLEASE SIGN THIS!
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133767

24. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (04-07-2016),Corky34 (04-07-2016),Noxvayl (04-07-2016),Phage (04-07-2016)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information