Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever RMA'd a tech product?

OwP
    Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Have you ever RMA'd a tech product?

USB memory flash drive, think it was kingston. Only worth £15, they still paid for dead one to be posted back to them. New one was sent quickly and was similar spec.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PsyaNyde's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Elite B560M
      • CPU:
      • i5-10600kf
      • Memory:
      • 32gb DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1tb WD SN550 M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSi RTX2080 Super Gaming x trio
      • Case:
      • 1st Player Steam Punk SP8 Gaming Case
      • Operating System:
      • W10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" 4k Electriq + Prolite E2483HS
      • Internet:
      • 300mb Virgin Broadband

RX 5700 XT Red Devil, couldn't get it to run stable at all. Returned it to Amazon and they credited my bank account the minute Hermes picked it up from the pick up point, well impressed.

Thanks

A few times over the years, most recently, Amazon. Price refunded upon return, without hesitation.

The only time there was an issue was with Scan, for a "missing" item in an order. Which I guess isn't quite an RMA. It turned out it wasn't missing, but a small item had been packed inside the packaging for a bigger item, so wasn't actually missing at all. Just in stealth mode.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

I've been unlucky with RAM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Norkay's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI x570 Unify
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5800X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB C14 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Too many to count
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2080Ti Strix
      • PSU:
      • 1kW XFX
      • Case:
      • Enthoo Primo
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer X34P
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbit Richard Branson

Acer X34P monitor. It was back with a new screen within 3 days. Amazing, right?
    Downside: it was not put back together that well - a part of the frame sticks away from the screen causing lightbleed, and the ambient LEDs are partially dimmed on one side.
    TL;DR: quick turnover, shoddy work.

Thanks

Sent several items back to Amazon, no problem at all in returning, sometimes the refund was issued before I had got back home.

Only issue I ever had has been with Scan and a graphics card. Not going into details but that "experience" makes me now buy pretty much everything I can tech wise from Amazon.
    Jon

Thanks

i've sent the odd HDD back for refund/replacement. PITA the hassle/delay etc usually. amazon CS is usually great tho, sometimes they just refund and let you keep it

but earlier in the year my nvidia sheild bricked during an update. i tried to fix myself but i think i couldn't do it as that new image wasn't available, and something was stopping you overwriting a newer image with old. so got in touch with nvidia, and whilst it was bought 3 years previously from ebay as second hand/refubished, they sent me a replacement by DHL/UPS from the other side of the world/asia, that arrived within a week, and asked me to return the bricked one in the prepaid label within 30 days of getting the replacement. it wasn't the very latest model they sent, but a newer one. due to combination of busy/lazy i didn't return in time so got a couple of gentle reminders and finally sent the other back, as i don't want to burn bridges in case i need to use them again. whilst it was bricked due to their update, maybe me unplugging a bit too soon when it was stuck, second hand and way out of warranty, it was an impressive service and saved me £100+ on a replacement. i did get another 4k firestick as backup, but the sheild is better (ethernet etc). i also now have a spare power supply for it as they just wanted the box back

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Logitech are great tell them it's gone wrong provide the serial number and BOOM new mouse.
    Couldn't agree more. Logitech are brilliant with this but to be fair Amazon has also been brlliant. Think the worst I've had is Corsair and Scan. Communication with these two are terrible.
    JABULANI NONKE

Thanks
    • jnutt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSi X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32gig DDR 3600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 1tb NVME M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2070Super
      • PSU:
      • Stock
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master
      • Operating System:
      • Windows10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 32" and 24"
      • Internet:
      • Cable 350mb

In the past I RMA'd an XFX graphics card. Luckily I had an older card to use meantime because the whole process was a nightmare. When after several weeks they (very reluctantly) decided they would replace it ( I never overclocked it and my PSU was way more than needed). Once the replacement card arrived I tested it was working and sold it. I've since only used MSi or EVGA cards and thankfully have had no other issues.

Registered+
    Thanks

13 years ago I had a Corsair twin kit of DDR2, 1 stick DOA for a new build, annoying but returned and replaced by Ebuyer in 5 days. Not quite a “tech product” - an all in one remote control returned to Amazon with a refund to my account within a couple of hours after Royal Mail reported they had it and it was on it’s way back to Amazon.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Caimbeul2000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro

Logitech are great tell them it's gone wrong provide the serial number and BOOM new mouse.

Iiyama are not (this is in the UK where they contract to a third party), bought a monitor with an on-site warranty and then was told I had to send it back for repairs. I had to phone their EU office in Germany to get my on-site warranty honoured, I was not impressed. The replacement was also defective (the remote doesn't work) but I couldn't be arsed to fight them for another replacement so I put up with it.

Moral of the story: never ever buy an Iiyama product.
    Agree, Iiyama are shocking in the UK for customer service. Bought a 34" ultrawide monitor that has VRR flickering issues at low FPS - issue acknowledged by Iiyama for all owners and a firmware update fixes it but i'd have to wait for a box to be sent out to me (up to 2 weeks - REALLY?) then arrange courier, then wait 6 weeks for them to update the firmware all the while looking at an empty space on the wall unabe to use my PC. Not possible when WFH. I think a lot of companies make things so difficult that customers just think sod it. So yes, the moral is never buy Iiyama products and make sure that whoever you buy from, they actually have decent customer services. The extra few £ you spend could potentially save you a boat load of issues.

Had to RMA a mobo adn CPU that both arrived dead. was relatively painless other than haviong to provide photosfor them to inspect before even accepting the RMA etc.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Caimbeul2000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro

OC are also terrible. Had to threaten legal action for not adhearing to consumer rights. They then said dont shop with us again and i never had. They've lost thousands from me alone.

Thanks

I've sent a few things back to Microsoft, had an Xbox that died and they sent me a new, newer model back in return, I've also sent back 2/3 Surfaces, all have gone smoothly.

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Iiyama are not (this is in the UK where they contract to a third party), bought a monitor with an on-site warranty and then was told I had to send it back for repairs. I had to phone their EU office in Germany to get my on-site warranty honoured, I was not impressed. The replacement was also defective (the remote doesn't work) but I couldn't be arsed to fight them for another replacement so I put up with it.

Moral of the story: never ever buy an Iiyama product.
    When was that?

We had an Iiyama monitor go faulty about a year ago. We boxed it up, they delivered the replacement and took the dead one away in the same delivery. Overall a good experience.

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

I've RMA'd two tech items that I can remember, the first was a Leadtek 7900GT way back in 2006 with Overclockers. It's been so long, I can't recall how long it took. I remember the process didn't seem too bad, as the card was quite clearly bad (it had major corruption that appeared within a month of the purchase).

The second RMA (with Scan) was for some faulty Corsair DDR3 RAM back in 2010, that wouldn't show the full amount of RAM on a cold boot. I had purchased some extra RAM to confirm the issue myself, and narrowed it down to one stick, and happily I received the replacement relatively quickly. Again, the exact timescales I do not remember, due to it being so long ago.

Spreadie

Loads.

GTX970, SFF PSU, Mech keyboard, RAM, Mice (plural), monitor, mobile phone, 4k TV... To name but a few.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information