Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,167
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,672 times in 581 posts

    Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Among the features of the G500 are built-in memory, 200-5700 Dpi, a weight cartridge and 10 programmable buttons.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,211
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked
    277 times in 193 posts

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    This ones on my shortlist as well, how does it compair to the Kone reviewed a while back?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked
    368 times in 278 posts
    • matty-hodgson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 4GHz (59'C Under a TRUE Black)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ DDR2 890MHz (5-4-4-15)
      • Storage:
      • Intel 80GB - Games. Intel 80GB - OS. 1TB Samsung - Storage.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Zotac GTX 275: 728 Core, 1614 Shader, 1340 Memory
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU82+ 625w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SM2343BW (2048x1152)
      • Internet:
      • Smallworld 4Mbps

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    This ones on my shortlist as well, how does it compair to the Kone reviewed a while back?
    I reviewed the Kone.. This review was done by Steven. So a comparison will be difficult I'm afraid .

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    48 times in 42 posts
    • sadbuttrue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55 UD5
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 @ 3.8ghz + Megahalems + GT1450 @ 5v
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill ECO 4GB 1.4v
      • Storage:
      • Intel 320 120gb + Samsung F4 2tb in Scythe Quiet Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 @ 940/1350/1.175v + Shaman @ 20%
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750
      • Case:
      • Raven RV02 with 3xPhobya G-Silent Fans @ 210rpm + Scythe S-Flex 1200 @ 5v
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2233rz, Dell 2209wa, Panasonic AX200 Projector
      • Internet:
      • BeThere 24mb

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Logitech sent me a G500 to replace my faulty G5. Here are my thoughts:

    Pros
    1. Feels more responsive than the G5
    2. Has a funky wheel that one can annoy other gamers with by constantly spamming the same bind as it spins and spins (maybe this is a con? )

    Cons
    1. 16g heavier than the G5
    2. Sensor has built in acceleration of 5-10% that no firmware can or will fix. This causes jitter at lower sensitivities. There is a huge thread about this on Logitechs forum.
    3. x/y sensitivity is no longer linked. Even when you set them to be linked in Logitechs software, the up/down movement is much slower than left/right.
    4. Thumb buttons are impossible to hit accurately. One will need to bind the first 2 buttons to the same key to avoid miss-hits. The need to actually think about which button you're hitting makes them less useful for fast toggles.
    5. If you use your middle finger on mouse2, tilt left is now much harder to hit and also requires one to lift middle finger slightly (G5 is a simple push to left).
    6. Placement of the sensor at the top of mouse exagerates jitter if you aren't a *palmer.
    7. DPI buttons cannot be rebound for fast weapon switch or other toggles due to their height. One needs to lift index finger to push them.
    8. One needs to become a semi-*palmer to grip this mouse

    *palmer - grips mouse like a baseball

  5. #5
    HEXUS.gaming Steven W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,593
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    59 times in 50 posts

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue View Post
    Logitech sent me a G500 to replace my faulty G5. Here are my thoughts:

    Pros
    1. Feels more responsive than the G5
    2. Has a funky wheel that one can annoy other gamers with by constantly spamming the same bind as it spins and spins (maybe this is a con? )

    Cons
    1. 16g heavier than the G5
    2. Sensor has built in acceleration of 5-10% that no firmware can or will fix. This causes jitter at lower sensitivities. There is a huge thread about this on Logitechs forum.
    3. x/y sensitivity is no longer linked. Even when you set them to be linked in Logitechs software, the up/down movement is much slower than left/right.
    4. Thumb buttons are impossible to hit accurately. One will need to bind the first 2 buttons to the same key to avoid miss-hits. The need to actually think about which button you're hitting makes them less useful for fast toggles.
    5. If you use your middle finger on mouse2, tilt left is now much harder to hit and also requires one to lift middle finger slightly (G5 is a simple push to left).
    6. Placement of the sensor at the top of mouse exagerates jitter if you aren't a *palmer.
    7. DPI buttons cannot be rebound for fast weapon switch or other toggles due to their height. One needs to lift index finger to push them.
    8. One needs to become a semi-*palmer to grip this mouse

    *palmer - grips mouse like a baseball
    I must have big hands. I like to grip a mouse like a baseball but the action that I'd have to do to activate the scroll wheel is too immense because my fingers are practically touching the mouse mat.Semi-palmer, i like it!

    I took me a while to hit thumb buttons with accuracy but I can manage it now.

    LOL @ no 2.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,211
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked
    277 times in 193 posts

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by matty-hodgson View Post
    I reviewed the Kone.. This review was done by Steven. So a comparison will be difficult I'm afraid .
    Yeah I know, mice are pretty user biased tbh but if the pair of you could swap devices and see how you get on with them, just an idea like..

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pob255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of Brum
    Posts
    9,930
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked
    1,195 times in 1,098 posts
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • PhenomII x4 955 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 250gb SATA Westerndigital + 500gb samsung +1tb Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560ti CuII
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet E9 680w
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 21" ips something

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    I quite like the paint finish, looks like it's a hammered metal effect.

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    thats cool

  9. #9
    HEXUS.gaming Steven W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,593
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    59 times in 50 posts

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    I quite like the paint finish, looks like it's a hammered metal effect.
    I heard some people like it. I think I'd prefer it plain black. It's all personal preference though.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked
    368 times in 278 posts
    • matty-hodgson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 4GHz (59'C Under a TRUE Black)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ DDR2 890MHz (5-4-4-15)
      • Storage:
      • Intel 80GB - Games. Intel 80GB - OS. 1TB Samsung - Storage.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Zotac GTX 275: 728 Core, 1614 Shader, 1340 Memory
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU82+ 625w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SM2343BW (2048x1152)
      • Internet:
      • Smallworld 4Mbps

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    I heard some people like it. I think I'd prefer it plain black. It's all personal preference though.
    I'd personally like something that you could take off and swap for other styles.. How expensive could a new fascia be? And it'd allow you to personalise the mouse to how you want it .

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts
    • Avenger1324's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Pro iP45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 & 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS 512MB HD4850 IceQ 4 Turbo
      • PSU:
      • 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker STC-01
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 17" NEC70GX2

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Looks like they've kept to the same similar shape they've had since the MX518 / MX700

    which for me is a good thing as I find it very comfortable. I've tried others like the sidewinder, and some of the Razer mice, but I keep coming back to Logitech as they get the side buttons right.

    Currently using a Logitech G9x

  12. #12
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,285
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked
    672 times in 550 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: Reviews - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

    Picked one of these up from Scan today. The 'on the fly' DPI setting works wonders when your on BC2 using the mounted weapons vehicles because now I don't turn at turtle speed - Also helps as my desk is currently my right knee
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reviews - Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard
    By HEXUS in forum HEXUS Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. Logitech Wireless Mouse
    By Tripitaka in forum Help! Quick Relief From Tech Headaches
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-11-2008, 06:18 PM
  3. logitech mx1000 mouse problems
    By Fraz in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-07-2008, 03:07 PM
  4. New gaming mouse. Lachesis, G9, Habu or Sidewinder?
    By Ciber in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 12:53 PM
  5. Logitech G3 laser mouse 2000DPI £19.99
    By Mithrandir in forum Retail Therapy and Bargains
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •