Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: MV Ixius 3.6 Laptop and NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go 256MB

Thanks
    smoking and a games designer? id be dead within a week lol :-)

surprisingly enough, theres only 2 people here who smoke out of the 100 or so developers.

everyone drinks though :-D

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

i see you have strange behavours on your video cards...
    Do NOT push too far your cards with overclocking softwazres as a lot of people do it, if you go tooo far, the computer will hang and you will kill your video card.. It will work strange after and you will get strange green pixels on the screen after, a video cars swap might be necessayr after that..
    Powerstrip is adangerous application, i know lot of people use it but sometimes.....
    Hope this is just a little bug for your case..
    See ya,

Fabien

Thanks

Angry MV`s useless service, burn your money

I bought an MV 6 weeks ago. I ordered twin 60gb drives, imagine my suprise when it turned up with only one 60gb drive. Following taking a week to pickup the machine and replace the drive I thought all my bother was done.
    2 weeks later it blue screens, again and again.

Now all Ive done is update windows and install Office and Kotor 2 so I`m a little suprised. Also suprised by the screaching noise coming from the rear right of the machine and the vibrating dvd drive that sounds like a drill.
    Just over a week ago the whole thing crashes with a MBR failure, then then raid array refuses to install.

The "support" from mobile-support.net is a joke, the machine is in the workshop for the last 5 days and no one can give me an update, IE they havent looked at it yet. I`m supposed to be leaving the country tomorrow but dont want to go without the laptop as I use it for my business.

In short, take your cash elsewhere or burn it. Better than an MV any day.
    Anyone else with a similar experience should mail me and we can submit a document to MV demanding a refund on their shonky products

Peter Dunn - Sales order SO010422, Mobile support call SJ002449

MV R&D
    Thanks
    Peter,

I have just left you a voicemail message on your landline. Basically, I will take care of making sure this issue is resolved when I'm back in the office on Monday. I have checked our system and I can confirm we have your notebook for repair but I cannot check its status from home unfortunately. I will call you on Monday morning when I have more information.

Kind regards,
    Alasdair

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabien
    Hi Guys,

i see you have strange behavours on your video cards...
    Do NOT push too far your cards with overclocking softwazres as a lot of people do it, if you go tooo far, the computer will hang and you will kill your video card.. It will work strange after and you will get strange green pixels on the screen after, a video cars swap might be necessayr after that..
    Powerstrip is adangerous application, i know lot of people use it but sometimes.....
    Hope this is just a little bug for your case..
    See ya,

Fabien
    I dont overclock and I dont use powerstrip (whatever the hell it is).

I got my Ixius back at the weekend (having been gone for 3 weeks to mobile support) and all is working fine again.

Turns out the motherboard had indeed shagged itself so I've now got a new case, motherboard and screen.

Bit of a shame it took 3 weks to come back but so im told, this is actually pretty good for a return on laptops, some companies can take months.

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuyanMV
    and Kotor 2
    Thats probably whats done it, its awful what obsidian did to Kotor

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuyanMV
    the machine is in the workshop for the last 5 days and no one can give me an update, IE they havent looked at it yet.
    Yep I had the same, mine got to them on a Tuesday, I rang them on Saturday morning and they said it was booked in to be looked at on Wednesday.

Which isnt great tbh, but it could mean a few things, either mobile support are very busy (as they support more than just MV) or theyre lazy or their management needs to see the fact they need more technical staff...or a combination of all three.

Either way, its back, its working, I'm happy for the minute.

props def. go to Alasdair for pm'ing me about it all and giving me hope that MV do take concern at these things - maybe MV could get a forum on their site for MV users? t'would be a great help.

MV R&D
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

For your information, I have spoken to Mr Dunn (aka dontbuyanmv) and we are sorting out his repair as I write. We are committed to offering a good turnaround time on reapairs but unfortunately some jobs just take longer than others or the fault is harder to track down.

I would like to stress that threads like these will only attract the guys who have unfortunately had their notebooks break down. There are lots of happy users out there but they don't tend to post about being happy which I think is a pity!

We are currently discussing the options for an MV forum or Hexus hosted MV forum internally and I will post here once we've reached a descision.

Kind regards,
    Alasdair

MV R&D
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -pro-
    ...Which isnt great tbh, but it could mean a few things, either mobile support are very busy (as they support more than just MV) or theyre lazy or their management needs to see the fact they need more technical staff...or a combination of all three.
    As an insight into how we are leading the field in some areas of support, we are now deploying the latest Windows updates directly to machines as part of the production process. This is done in an automated manner and will mean that when our customers receive their machines, they won't then have the usual 50MB of Windows Updates to perform. Our support website at http://www.mobile-support.net is also better than most others and is even quite honest about the shortcomings of our products.

props def. go to Alasdair for pm'ing me about it all and giving me hope that MV do take concern at these things - maybe MV could get a forum on their site for MV users? t'would be a great help.
    what are props?
    Last edited by Alasdair @ MV; 23-05-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair @ MV
    As an insight into how we are leading the field in some areas of support, we are now deploying the latest Windows updates directly to machines as part of the production process. This is done in an automated manner and will mean that when our customers receive their machines, they won't then have the usual 50MB of Windows Updates to perform.
    Funnily enough this was the first thing i noticed when I hooked my Ixius back up - all bios' were up to date and all windows updates (apart from .net v1.1 for obvious reasons) were already on

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair @ MV
    what are props?
    Kudos, props, respect - its the same thing and a good thing

Thanks
    I accept computers, especially very hot running laptops such as my 3.4 Ixius may develop faults. Its how those faults are then dealt with by the company thats makes the difference.

The only time I had some action on my laptop was after my posting on this forum. We shouldnt have to do that. Thats why we buy a machine with a "service contract".

Alasdair@MV has been kind enough to contact me to try and resolve the issue and my thanks go to him. I should have my laptop back in a couple of days, although Im still waiting for the phonecall about that!

Thanks
    I have received my laptop in a new chassis and with new hard drives. All seems to be back as it should be. My thanks to Alasdair@MV.

Lets hope other users get to enjoy great mobile power from MV without hardware faults and poor service.

MV R&D
    Thanks
    Glad to hear the issue is resolved, sorry that we took a little longer than usual to process your repair. Our usual turnaround is 5 working days and we do hit this most of the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information