• Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by keta
    dangel , depends wat games

rad , how am i misinforming people ? im talkin about the prices today , yes when conroe releases amd will drop prices.

5000+ will drop about 40 percent , but E6600 is still cheaper and faster then a fx62

now fx 62 wont drop much , the fx 57 is still an expensive processor and that is old

but it will drop but not much cuse fx 62 , amd will feel that it will fight against conroe XE which is 999 US soo ull seee amd drop prices from 1200 to 999 with there fx 62 , but still i wud rather buy a conroe for 316 dollars that beats a fx62

soo yes amd will drop prices but still they just cant beat intels price performance range , cuse 316 for a processor that beats fx 62??

i mean seriously they will neva drop there fx 62 to 316 from 1200 , but they will drop the 5000 + to about 400 us , but in my books conroe beats fx 62 with such a cheap cpu ,

i wudn't waste my money buying amd just cuse its a brand i like or somethin like that , when conroe is soo damn good and soo cheap
    Think about it dude, Intel was loitering around its XE processors before for $999 as well when the FX is clearly outperforming it by the same margin as Conroe is to FX now.. But did Intel drop prices? Nooooo...

And if you think back a wee bit, a simple Opteron 146 which is 1/5 of the price of an FX57 or Pentium XE 3.73Ghz, can run so much faster when u throw in a little OC witch-craft. The money is dropped on the 'slightly' better binning and the unlock multiplier.. Whether or nto that is worth the 4/5 more price? Thats entirely up to you.. Same applies to cheaper models of the X2 versus the newer FX-60,62 or 955XE and 965XE..

And if you want to count critical.. when Conroe E6600 comes off at $316, you can have a comparing model 4200+ X2 for so $240 (I know its slower, but its alot cheaper as well).. And thats not even considering the inflation due to larger OEM sucking up most of the low end Conroe stocks.. Leaving you to pay a premium for scarce stocks. X2 is by far more market mature and should in theory remain price competitive..

You can go for Conroe thats fine, but do give sound judgements and add a little intuition to your response. You just sound like a kid back there.
    Last edited by sawyen; 16-06-2006 at 08:50 AM.
    Me want Ultrabook

Registered+
    Thanks
    dont really see how u can compare 4200+ when its a fair way before fx 62 and conroe E6600 beats fx 62 , and with stock air cooler u can oveer clock it from 2.4 ghz to 3.1 easly

sooo with such great overclocking and good stock performance , i guess u cud compare it cuse there both midrange parts , but the performance differnce is massive.

oh and umm at 240 ? well if ur sayin people will by that cuse they cant afford 316 and only 240 , there is a conroe for 224 hehe
    Last edited by keta; 17-06-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by PD HEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel
    Or there's an extreme edition of the conroe as well, which is even faster.
    Looks like the cat got the cream methinks

Keta, please, take a little time to learn/use the written English language correctly - it will help keep the proffesional readability of this respected forum. It's not all that hard:

Sentences begin with capital letters and end with full stops. New subjects or more than three or four sentences should begin on new paragraphs. 'I' should always be capitalised. 'U' is not a word. Correct spellings of several words you use frequently are 'what' 'wouldn't' 'because' 'never' 'could' and 'your'.

No-one's expecting perfection every time and I'm certainly not a great example, but you should at least make the effort.

From your friendly Dyslexic Grammer PC

Thanks
    hammer time chill out and lets keep it O/T

Thanks
    Speaking of the Core 2 Extreme, here are some comparisons of the Intel X6800 to the AMD FX-62, as well as to the Intel Pentium EE 965. The second link also provides the results of overclocking the X6800 to 3.6GHz on the same tests.

http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/x6800vsfx62-10.htm
    http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/x6800vsfx62-11.htm

The full article starts here: http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/x6800vsfx62-1.htm

(Now is the time to learn Chinese.)
    Last edited by mxyztplk; 20-06-2006 at 12:26 AM.

rad
    Thanks
    I am starting to think that conroe is not going to be that great.
    I have just had another look at some benchmarks.

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/91...a_r/index.html

On FEAR at 640 x 480 the Conroe X6800 extreme scores 109 FPS and the FX 62 scores 103 FPS.
    At higher resolutions the difference will be even smaller.

I know that conroe has a killer super pi score, but who cares really.
    I think for most people, games are the reason they upgrade their computer, and who plays games at 640 x 480 anyway.
    I am confident Conroe will still outperform AMD, but not by much in games, espescially at high resolution (eg 1600 x 1200).
    My prediction is that it will only be 5-10%.
    Anyway I hope I am wrong, and if I am right at least there is going to be a good reduction on cpu pricing, for us consumers.

Rad

Registered+
    Thanks
    lol rad umm u seriously need to read alot more reviews before posting , intel beats amd by 20 percent with the E6700 in fear at 1000x800 lines and the reason they use those lines is cuse its more cpu limited not gfx limited at those res , and at 1600 lines it best it by 14 percent

so yea u r wrong lol u got wat u hoped for but yea read more reviews.

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    PC Perspective have done an (allegedly) unrestricted test of Conroe, which seems to be fairly comprehensive and well performed, and compares to FX-62, X2 4800+ and Pentium XE 965, and they seem to think that Conroe is better than the equivalent AMD offerings, particularly when price and performance/watt are considered...

rad
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keta
    lol rad umm u seriously need to read alot more reviews before posting , intel beats amd by 20 percent with the E6700 in fear at 1000x800 lines and the reason they use those lines is cuse its more cpu limited not gfx limited at those res , and at 1600 lines it best it by 14 percent

so yea u r wrong lol u got wat u hoped for but yea read more reviews.

Keta you sound like a child.
    I have read about 6 different reviews mate. The one mentioned is the most thorough out of all the reviews I have read. So I tend to believe them more so than the others.
    I know why they test at lower resolutions mate.
    I try to remain unbiased in my opinions. On the other hand you talk a lot ****.
    You have got a real attitude problem, and only half a brain which is gonna get u kicked out of here quick smart.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a resolution of 1000x800 even exists.
    Last edited by rad; 22-06-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacQuest
    Seriously?!

Do you guys pronounce it that way too? I'm just asking.

With all the british artists I've heard say booty/booti, I have never heard it pronounced botty.

Is it just spelled that way over there [UK] but still pronounced properly, the way it's spelled over here [US] with the elongated o's?

I really would like to know.
    If your reffering to music, lets face it, there are alot of brittish artists that think they are/want to be......American! (i nearly said black then, but thats just socially incorrect isn't it). so yea i think booty is used in 'brittish' music (sadly)
    But 'botty' is just a mock-name for bottom, and its all pronounced exactly as it looks!

Its your fault for taking our perfectly good language and changing it!
    ok you might spell things a little more sensibly!! but what the hell are galoshes? and who came up with the idea of calling jelly jello? if you just stuck with our perfectly good (ish) language these problems, such as the hilarious schmunk 'bum' problem, wouldnt arise

PS sorry i mistook a different page as being the last page.
    Last edited by DeMilo; 22-06-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Wrong post placement
    And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMilo
    Its your fault for taking our perfectly good language and changing it!
    Actually, they took our language, THEN we changed it.

Anyway, back OT.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMilo
    if you just stuck with our perfectly good (ish) language these problems, such as the hilarious schmunk 'bum' problem, wouldnt arise
    Who told you about my hilarious bum problems....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunk
    Who told you about my hilarious bum problems....

Its your fault now that when i think about the intel/amd faceoff, i think of two chips with legs beating up eachothers 'bums' and hailing "take that! aha!"
    And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Thanks

Conroe UK retail prices are out

Overclockers are taking pre-orders for the Conroe series - and taking a bit too much of our money I feel.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...Core_Duo2.html

Prices inc. VAT:
    E6300 1.86GHz £152.69
    E6400 2.13GHz £182.07
    E6600 2.40GHz £252.57
    E6700 2.67GHz £411.19

oh and
    X6800 Extreme Edition 2.93GHz £775.44!

Surely that E6600 is overpriced - maybe not for it's (alleged) performance, but certainly compared to $316? And ditto for the others really. How disappointing - still, plenty of time for the prices to come down between the retailers before they're actually released.

DM

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    dancingmatt, note you've quoted inc VAT prices, so that $316 should really be $371, or roughly £200.

Add a bit of shipping to the UK and the fact that the $316 is presumably the tray-of-1000 price, so no retailer profit/cost has been included, and the price of £252.57 for the E6600 isn't too unreasonable.

And anyway, if this chip can easily keep pace with an X2 4800+ (currently at £431.50 inc VAT at a random supplier), it's still a bargain even at £250!

Registered+
    Thanks

AMD? I remember them...

That's what people will be saying after Core 2 "Woodcrest" [server class] is announced this Monday the 26th, and Core 2 "Conroe" [desktop class] is announced in a month.

"Woodcrest will be the first Intel Core Microarchitecture processor to be launched on the market; it will be a server version of the Intel Core 2 processor. It will be released on June 26th, 2006. Intel claims that it will provide an 80% boost in performance, while reducing power consumption by 20% relative to the Pentium D. It will fill in the 51xx line at launch.
    The Woodcrest will sport a 1333 MT/s FSB, with the fastest processor clocking in at 3.0 GHz. All Woodcrests will use LGA 771 and have a TDP of 80 W, which is much less than the previous generation of 130 W. All models will support EM64T, the XD bit, and Virtualization Technology with Demand-Based Switching only on Dual-Core Xeon 5140 or above."

Core 2 "Kentsfield" Quad Core @ 3.2 Ghz benchmarks anyone? [shipping January '07... maybe sooner] http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/....php?p=1527913

Or maybe everyone would rather hold out for "Cloverton"?

"Clovertown, a quad-core version of Woodcrest, consisting of two Woodcrest dies on a multi-chip module. Rumoured to use a 1066 MT/s FSB. Intel plans to release Clovertown towards the end of 2006, and the clock speeds will likely be a step or two down from Woodcrest. There will also be an MP-capable version of Clovertown, codenamed Clovertown-MP."

For more "AMD gettin' it's botty spanked and then handed back to itself by Intel" goodness, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeon

Sooooo ... NEW professional class [and priced] Mac Pro desktops [PowerMac replacement] with Woodcrest chips AND [hopefully, this is my prediction] a BRAND NEW consumer class [and priced] mini tower Mac Pro desktop with Conroe chips no later than the week of August 7th. Probably sooner for the pro Woodcrest models since Intel has again beat it's preliminary deadline.

Good times [and a MAJOR pre-emptive strike by Macs on pc hardware manufacturers] coming soon, VERY soon. MARK MY WORDS!

The actual WAR is when Mac OS 10.5 Leopard and windows xp sp3 ... I mean "wannabe Mac OS" ... I mean vista are both available at the same time. Leopard will be out by the holidays.

vista? '05. No wait. '06. Hold on. Did we say '06? Because we meant January 07. Wait, wait, wait... make it April instead. How 'bout pre 2010 just to be safe?

Who knows, maybe by that time AMD might be catching back up to Intel.

Last edited by MacQuest; 23-06-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Thread Information