Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.reviews :: WORLD EXCLUSIVE! INTEL CONROE BENCHMARKED

Thanks
    Ok I will wait and see the results in a few weeks and I will upgrade my system anyway to a faster one. The best results and the best reviews is to test your system self and see if it's fast or not.

Registered+
    Thanks
    lol of course it is allways best to test it ur self and i think everyone wud love to do that , get products for free and benchmark systems allways fun but when u gotta pay for it ur self u cant do that soo u have to rely on reviews on the net and then make up ur mind

Thanks
    "We found that it was faster than the current flagship Pentium Extreme Edition 965 processor in nearly every single-threaded scenario, but there were times where Conroe fell behind in multi-tasking scenarios."

From here

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...preview/7.html

I would rather wait till people are able to review Conroes bought from the open market. Besides AMD is expected to start shipping 65nm parts by year end and are predicted to ramp upto 50% capacity by end of Q1,07. They are said to extracted 30 to 40% performance jump when moving from 130nm to 90nm. How much jump will they be able to get this time around?

At the risk of being called a AMD fanboy I should say AMD too knows what we know and will have something up their sleeve unless they want to lose the market share they gained in past 8 to 10 quaters. AMD is ramping up its production capacity and Intel's roadmap has been in public domain for quite sometime, which means AMD is confident of grabbing more market share by competing on price or performance.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Don't forget that AMD are working on the 4X4 platform as well to get this launched at the same time as conroe appears.

As for the conroe results, while they all look well and good on paper, don't forget that they are essentially comparing the newest platform against an older one. It's like top gear going on the track with 2 astra's - 1 from 1998 and another from 2006. I am going to reserve judgement until AMD's 4x4 platform or whatever is up their sleeve is announced so we can essentially compare like-for-like.

Until then.... *puts fingers in ears* la-la-la-la-la

Thanks
    Sounds sensible to me...

Thanks
    As someone who typically only buys AMD CPUs, I only wish that I thought that AMD did have something up its sleeve and ready to arrive any time soon.

But I don't think it has - and almost certainly, nothing that's going to be anything like price-competitive with Conroe.

As for waiting for retail Intel product - of course, the only way to properly judge the performance of the Conroe CPUs that the public will be offered is to test those very CPUs.

AMD clearly will be wishing that the performance will turn out to be worse than our tests suggest - but will be knowing that this is highly unlikely and that, if anything, performance will be better.

Bob

Registered+
    Thanks
    amd no they dont have anything atleast till k8l and they aint gnana give conroe 6 months free air , soo thats wat the 4x4 platform is for , but who wants to buy two fx62 plus a insanely expensive motherboard , just to beat conroe ? that is ridioulous. lol wat r we servers or gamers ? geez whens it gnana stop really , in a few years we will have 8 gfx cards 4 processors and 32 gig of ram :| now i no that is a beast of a machine and we wud all love to have that but think of the cost ..... and its neva gnana stop and every day people wont b able to have a top of hte line computer anymore. maybe i cud afford to spend 20 grand on a pc , but my point is i dont want to and most people cant even afford 5 grand let alone 10 or 20 that its gnana be rasing to :| neways conroe is cheap u can buy a 2.6 gig for 500 bucks and over clock it to 3.2 easly on air , they r much better overclockers then amd and cheaper and faster , now wat happens if intel bring out a 4x4 platform ? lol , also moving from 90nm to 65nm dosen't give u a performance boost by much at all :| all it really allows u is to fight more on a smaller space , and useing less power , there for less heat , soo ull see 3.2 ghz fx processors by the end of this year , but intel has a 3.2 ghz conroe that will beat that and intel is much more overclockable cuse they dont have the memory controller on the chip soo it can take the cold for extreme clockin , soo either way its conroe for the win till k8l then we might see some kind of a battle but same time k8l comes out intel has kentsfield quad core processor to fight it soo k8l wud wnana b good

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    keta, please stop splurging vast single paragraphs of lower-case text at us.

Look at your last post, then at Bob Crabtree's above it. Which is easier to read? In fact I haven't even read your post, as it takes far too much effort to decipher it.

Thanks
    keta,

I think that schmunk is saying what a lot of people must be feeling.

Clearly, you want people to read what you write, or you wouldn't bother writing it.

That being so, please just go that little bit further and format it so it can be read - I can't be arsed putting in your paragraphs for you, but I've done it previously just to show you how much difference it makes.

What would also make your stuff easier to read is if you used UPPER CASE in appropriate places.

Bob

Registered+
    Thanks
    meh cant b bothered if u find it to much effort then dont read it , dont really care , dosen't take much effort to read its not like i didn't put spaces in ahahahha...

Thanks
    Fine, if that's how you feel, I guess you won't mind if we ban you from posting.

Or would you?

Thanks
    Since keta seems to think that it's a bonus for us that his postings have spaces in between words - even though they have no paragraphs or capital letters - I though that we might as well see how much difference to readability it would make if there were no spaces.

Here's his last substantive posting:

amd no they dont have anything atleast till k8l and they aint gnana give conroe 6 months free air , soo thats wat the 4x4 platform is for , but who wants to buy two fx62 plus a insanely expensive motherboard , just to beat conroe ? that is ridioulous. lol wat r we servers or gamers ? geez whens it gnana stop really , in a few years we will have 8 gfx cards 4 processors and 32 gig of ram :| now i no that is a beast of a machine and we wud all love to have that but think of the cost ..... and its neva gnana stop and every day people wont b able to have a top of hte line computer anymore. maybe i cud afford to spend 20 grand on a pc , but my point is i dont want to and most people cant even afford 5 grand let alone 10 or 20 that its gnana be rasing to :| neways conroe is cheap u can buy a 2.6 gig for 500 bucks and over clock it to 3.2 easly on air , they r much better overclockers then amd and cheaper and faster , now wat happens if intel bring out a 4x4 platform ? lol , also moving from 90nm to 65nm dosen't give u a performance boost by much at all :| all it really allows u is to fight more on a smaller space , and useing less power , there for less heat , soo ull see 3.2 ghz fx processors by the end of this year , but intel has a 3.2 ghz conroe that will beat that and intel is much more overclockable cuse they dont have the memory controller on the chip soo it can take the cold for extreme clockin , soo either way its conroe for the win till k8l then we might see some kind of a battle but same time k8l comes out intel has kentsfield quad core processor to fight it soo k8l wud wnana b good

And here it is with no spaces:

amdnotheydonthaveanythingatleasttillk8landtheyaintgnanagiveconroe6monthsfreeair,soothatswatthe4x4pla tformisfor,butwhowantstobuytwofx62plusainsanelyexpensivemotherboard,justtobeatconroe?thatisridioulou s.lolwatrweserversorgamers?geezwhensitgnanastopreally,inafewyearswewillhave8gfxcards4processorsand32 gigofram:|nowinothatisabeastofamachineandwewudalllovetohavethatbutthinkofthecost.....anditsnevagnana stopandeverydaypeoplewontbabletohaveatopofhtelinecomputeranymore.maybeicudaffordtospend20grandonapc, butmypointisidontwanttoandmostpeoplecantevenafford5grandletalone10or20thatitsgnanaberasingto:|neways conroeischeapucanbuya2.6gigfor500bucksandoverclockitto3.2easlyonair,theyrmuchbetteroverclockersthena mdandcheaperandfaster,nowwathappensifintelbringouta4x4platform?lol,alsomovingfrom90nmto65nmdosen'tgi veuaperformanceboostbymuchatall:|allitreallyallowsuistofightmoreonasmallerspace,anduseinglesspower,t hereforlessheat,sooullsee3.2ghzfxprocessorsbytheendofthisyear,butintelhasa3.2ghzconroethatwillbeatth atandintelismuchmoreoverclockablecusetheydonthavethememorycontrolleronthechipsooitcantakethecoldforext remeclockin,sooeitherwayitsconroeforthewintillk8lthenwemightseesomekindofabattlebutsametimek8lcomeso utintelhaskentsfieldquadcoreprocessortofightitsook8lwudwnanabgood

Don't know what others think, but I'm struggling to tell the difference - or would be if I could be arsed to attemp to read either.

Bob C

Thanks
    I've heard of this wonderful invention.... it is called a spell checker.

Thanks
    Inall honesty I didn't read his post above and I would have to say that both of those you've posted look about the same Bob
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    You know, sometimes, just sometimes, I wish this forum was more like a certain other more ban-happy UK forum.

Then I snap out of it and realise I love Hexus as it is

Thanks

Thumbs down Alternative

to keta

As far as I know the FX-62 stands around 1300$, because of performance Intel's conroes guess won't go cheaper..
    Alternative: How about a dual opteron 265 (dual core)? A cheap motherboard (like the K8N-DL) runs up to 250$, and the processors are 375 each, that would sum up to about 1000$. And I'm absolutely sure that 4 cores are better than any 2 at such small frequency differences when it comes to multi threaded applications

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information