Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Revenge Of The Sith

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohji
    Yoda owns.
    Mmmna. In my eyes Yoda will always be a string muppet like in Ep. 5- CGI Yoda just didn't make the grade in comparison because they pretty much made him into a joke in an attempt to give the series a bit more life :/

Palpatine was AWESOME though imo

Thanks
    [Spoilers]

I watched the film yesterday.
    I loved the opening battle between the droid’s fleet & the republic’s star destroyers.
    It looked amazing! They got that idea from the numerous Japanese Anime/Games, where huge SpaceShip fleets collidewith excessive use of lasers & various other weapons, like in Robotech/Macross, Gal Foce, etc… But most of all it reminded me of the battle between the 2 fleets in the 2nd level of RayForce, only this one was taking place very close to the planet’s surface.
    I Also liked General Grievous’ flagship, it was so cool the way it got right next to the StarDestroyer & both sides started firing the canons like in Captain Harlock in Arcadia, last battle scene.

Personally I was with the droid army. They looked cooler. Especially the 2 body guard-warrior droids with those cool energy spears. (Except for the basic droid soldiers. Their heads looked hilarious for an action epic film.)
    The General himself was both cool & funny. I kind of felt sorry for him in the end.

The 2 actors playing Obi-Wan & Anakin looked like wimps.Very bad choices for those roles. Luke Skywalker in the previous trilogy sucked & looked gay. The cheapest thing I noticed in this trilogy was how easily the Jedi Knights could reflect thousand’s of lasers with just one sword. I mean come on how fast can you get? Maybe if they were using the energy shield’s from Phantom Menace, but not with 1 sword!
    Most hilarious part was the Coliseum scene in part 2 where the 20 Jedi’s even though were overwhelmed & surrounded, they lasted with minimum loses against 1000 battle droids that were firing lasers at them simultaneously!
    Yeah right!
    This wasn’t as bad in the previous trilogy.

I didn’t feel sorry for the Jedi’s slaughtered in the end, but it felt very cheap of how easily & fast they were put down by the storm troopers in relation to when the droids were trying to. (They didn’t lack fire power either) Why couldn’t they reflect the lasers like they did with the droids? The storm troopers were much less in the assassination scenes.
    Most of the Jedi’s looked like retards imo.

The battle between the emperor & Master Yoda was cool.

I don’t understand why they showed the battle in the Yuki’s home planet? It was irrelevant to the rest of the plot.

Also I never imagined the way Anakin gets injured in the end. I found it lame. I always thought that he had been injured in the destruction a Star Destroyer or something similar & barely escaped with his life. The Volcano battle scenes were laughable! There is no way they could have survived over an active volcano & without even having a sweat!

It was stupid the way they put Anakin on the operating table & started operating, without even bothering to take off his burned clothes, clean him up or treat his 3rd degree burns that had covered most of his body.

Other than that, I agree that the scripts were very poor compared to “Attack of the Clones” (The conversation between Obi-Wan & Count Dukou were cool & the scripts involving Christopher Lee in general from the previous film, were perfect) it would have been better if Christopher Lee had played a larger role in SWIII, the dialogues would have been a lot better.

[End Spoilers]

If one loves excessive use of modern special effects & fan of the originals saga, then they will love SWIII, if not stay away!

Best actors in the series imo:

Ser Aleck Guiness
    Christopher Lee
    James Earl Jones (Voice)
    Ian McDiarmid

Best Star Wars films imo:

Star Wars II – Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars V – Empire Strikes Back
    STar Wars VI - Return of The Jedi

Sorry.
    But why was Vader forced to wear the black suit & helmet after his injury?

Also for such a highly advanced society, its surprising that they couldn't produce organic implants instead of robotic.
    They did make a 2million slave-clone army after all.
    Last edited by retroborg; 01-06-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Not *@!%in Postman Pat! Ruggerbugger's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Ruggerbugger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A7N8X-E deluxe
      • CPU:
      • XP 3200+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB Kingston PC3200 DDR2 dual channel
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 40GB OS, 1 x 320GB Data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 9800 Pro
      • PSU:
      • 400W Akasa (I think)
      • Case:
      • Antec Super Lanboy
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung LE32 LCD 720p
      • Internet:
      • VM 4Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by KBeee
    Ahhhhhhhh.. Hollywood Fodder
    ?

I will reserve final judgement of WOTW until I've seen it. I don't expect it to match up to the Richard Burton/Jeff Wayne CD, especially since I've heard it doesn't have Martians in it? WTF?

Click here for larger versions of photos

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo
    my a55 shoots great video in 1080i

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    Quote Originally Posted by retroborg
    [Spoilers]Sorry.
    But why was Vader forced to wear the black suit & helmet after his injury?
    Something to do with the fact he had lost both legs and arms and been burnt horribly then rescued by his evil master who entombed him in the black garb. It's a life support machine. It see, moves and breaths for him hence the famous Vader rasp. In Episode 6 Vader asks Luke to take the mask off so that "he may look upon him with his own eyes" to which Luke replies "but you'll die". Vader says" nothing can stop that now".

retroborg, pay more attention.

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by retroborg
    Luke Skywalker in the previous trilogy sucked & looked gay
    Is that gay as in happy, 1977 "gay", gay as in homosexual or chav "gay"?
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    Did anyone else feel that Yoda's whole 'backwards' thing was overdone? It was really noticeable and added to the already poor dialogue. He was dropping all these 'badass' one-liners which just sounded silly.

Thanks
    I thought it was pretty good - on of the best of the lot actually. There were some odd bits in there though.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    yoda = cool. no more, no less. he'd kick your arse any day too.