Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which is faster: My Opteron 165@ 2.65Ghz or Core2 Duo E6300

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DecomposingStar View Post
    Not really... I've seen alot of X1950's holding up against the 8800's, ".
    No, but you haven't. Why do people talk crap like this. The 8800GTX is head and shoulders faster and better than the X1950. Are you really that much of a lame fanboy? Also factor in, the 8800 is a totally new GPU, the X1900/1950 has been around for a years, with mature drivers. The 8800 should get better.

Anyways you want some benchmarks?

Serious Sam 2:

LOL, in HL2 the 8800GTX is 4 frames slower than Crossfire X1950XTX.

Please stop your crap.
    Last edited by Smokey21; 13-03-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
    • DecomposingStar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • E6400 C2D Intel @ OC'd to 2.91ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4x 1GB OCZ Platinum Edition (800mhz - 4/4/12) (32bit Vista runs it at 3.3gb)
      • Storage:
      • 1 Maxtor DiamondMax 80gb HDD, 1x Western Caviar 250gb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 2900XT HIS Oc'd 810/899
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 - Customised.
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey21 View Post
    No, but you haven't. Why do people talk crap like this. The 8800GTX is head and shoulders faster and better than the X1950. Are you really that much of a lame fanboy? Also factor in, the 8800 is a totally new GPU, the X1900/1950 has been around for a years, with mature drivers. The 8800 should get better.

Anyways you want some benchmarks?

Serious Sam 2:

LOL, in HL2 the 8800GTX is 4 frames slower than Crossfire X1950XTX.

Please stop your crap.

get violent much?

If i was a huge fan boy i would have posted a load of benchmarks disproving you. But to be honest i have better things to do... Like eat ****.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks

If i was a huge fan boy i would have posted a load of benchmarks disproving you. But to be honest i have better things to do... Like eat ****.
    But there so few and far between your going to take a long time to find them, and they will only be under extreme certain conditions.

In 99.9% of benchies the 8800GTX dominates. Why is it, that every review out there states the same thing, yet you seem to think differently.

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin
    But there so few and far between your going to take a long time to find them, and they will only be under extreme certain conditions.

In 99.9% of benchies the 8800GTX dominates. Why is it, that every review out there states the same thing, yet you seem to think differently.
    It's an opinion...
    I did credit the card as being one of the most powerful, but at the moment, with its current driver state, and its price, i don't think it's necessarily the best card on the market.

Thanks
    It's an opinion...
    I did credit the card as being one of the most powerful, but at the moment, with its current driver state, and its price, i don't think it's necessarily the best card on the market.
    How are benchmarks an opinion? :|

Seriously, in Vista the 8800GTx gives poor scores because the drivers suck. They suck out of the box, the most recent ones I tested suck, and I presume the latest suck nearly as much. ATi have had much better Vista drivers available since day 1. However most people are running XP, and it's much, much faster than any ATi card in XP. It's much faster than in Vista, just not as clearly.

I can't argue the 8800GTx as value for money, but there is simply no arguing that it is easily the fastest card in a stupidly vast majority, if not all cases.

And DX10 is a load of crap anyway. Vista doesn't use DX10 as its gauge for performance. It also doesn't use it in aero.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with DX10.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How are benchmarks an opinion? :|

Seriously, in Vista the 8800GTx gives poor scores because the drivers suck. They suck out of the box, the most recent ones I tested suck, and I presume the latest suck nearly as much. ATi have had much better Vista drivers available since day 1. However most people are running XP, and it's much, much faster than any ATi card in XP. It's much faster than in Vista, just not as clearly.

I can't argue the 8800GTx as value for money, but there is simply no arguing that it is easily the fastest card in a stupidly vast majority, if not all cases.

And DX10 is a load of crap anyway. Vista doesn't use DX10 as its gauge for performance. It also doesn't use it in aero.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with DX10.
    Thank you, someone with a brain.

Id also like to know how it's opinion. I suggest you bury your head in the sand DecomposingStar.

Edit: Mind you he is a hairdresser so i think that sums it up.

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin

Id also like to know how it's opinion. I suggest you bury your head in the sand DecomposingStar.

That's very patronising of you.

I said my thought on the two cards was opinion. Not the benchmarking results.

Fact of the matter is, it's debateably one of the best cards on the market. We are currently debating that fact, thus proving my point.

I personally think some of the previous nVidia cards can hold up a nice lot against the 8800, at least in Vista. The example i used was an X1950, as i know slightly more about ATI cards than nVidia.

Calling me a fan boy has nothing to do with anything, as i actually CREDITED the 8800. By me saying "debateably one of the best cards on the market... although i don't think so" shows that it was an OPINION.
    My OPINION (i'm using capitals to try get my point accross, as you don't seem to follow me here) is based on, firstly, value for money, and secondly, support for the card (including drivers).
    - Now seeing as nVidia's drivers suck, and no-one is debating that fact, lets face it, they aren't brilliant, and certainly not what you'd expect for a card of that price, I don't consider their support to be brilliant.
    As for value, the difference in performance that you get per Pound Sterling isn't HUGE, and seeing as there is no DX10 as of yet, it only has it's head above the crowd on paper. Granted, the 8800's performance will increase when it gets better drivers, but at the current time, i don't see it being great value.

Now i'm not even going to bother discussing this anymore, becuase you're being a total prick. You've brought personal attacks into the equation so i don't see it worth my while.
    (and yes, i do realise i just attacked you personally.)

Thanks

Fact of the matter is, it's debateably one of the best cards on the market. We are currently debating that fact, thus proving my point.
    This isn't a debate, far from it. This is you talking crap, and being proven wrong.

Thanks
    • Flewis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P45 Platinum
      • CPU:
      • Intel E7200 @ 3.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB Corsair PC5400 @ 720MHz 4-4-4-11
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x ATI HD4850
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Zeus
      • Case:
      • AOpen H700B custom watercooled
      • Operating System:
      • Vista HP x64
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet fibre
    word.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    That's very patronising of you.

I said my thought on the two cards was opinion. Not the benchmarking results.

I personally think some of the previous nVidia cards can hold up a nice lot against the 8800, at least in Vista. The example i used was an X1950, as i know slightly more about ATI cards than nVidia.

Calling me a fan boy has nothing to do with anything, as i actually CREDITED the 8800. By me saying "debateably one of the best cards on the market... although i don't think so" shows that it was an OPINION.
    My OPINION (i'm using capitals to try get my point accross, as you don't seem to follow me here) is based on, firstly, value for money, and secondly, support for the card (including drivers).
    - Now seeing as nVidia's drivers suck, and no-one is debating that fact, lets face it, they aren't brilliant, and certainly not what you'd expect for a card of that price, I don't consider their support to be brilliant.
    As for value, the difference in performance that you get per Pound Sterling isn't HUGE, and seeing as there is no DX10 as of yet, it only has it's head above the crowd on paper. Granted, the 8800's performance will increase when it gets better drivers, but at the current time, i don't see it being great value.

Now i'm not even going to bother discussing this anymore, becuase you're being a total prick. You've brought personal attacks into the equation so i don't see it worth my while.
    (and yes, i do realise i just attacked you personally.)

You have a very valid point, though I wouldn't say Vista is 'production ready' anyway, drivers aside. I expect Windows XP performance (and drivers) to be substantially better, same goes for Linux as well.

By any means, there's no need for trolling from a certain person *aghm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks

This isn't a debate, far from it. This is you talking crap, and being proven wrong.
    You have just come back from a suspension for posts going along the same lines. Why do you have to be so aggressive towards people?
    I am getting tired of having my inbox full of reports of your rude posts. Attacking someone’s profession is something I would expect from year 7 students. How someone’s current job listed in their profile can suddenly and magically tell you all of their experience in a given field, I’m yet to figure out.
    Regardless of if DecomposingStar’s opinion on the 8800 series (which I don’t agree with myself), telling people to ‘stop their crap’ and other aggressive posts is unacceptable – you know this. Stop it. I’m not having hardware turned into a school playground because you decide to go mental every time you disagree with someone.

Disagree by all means, but just do it like all the other regular posters are able too. If you don’t want to spend the time writing a proper post, then don’t bother.
    Last edited by Agent; 14-03-2007 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Edited, meh.
    Last edited by Smokey21; 14-03-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre
    Most people aren't debating it here because they are either not running an 8800 with Vista or are HAPPILY running an 8800 with Vista.

I have had ZERO issues with the nVidia vista drivers thus far, 100.64 and 100.65 on both 32 and 64 bit Vista tested and haven't even bothered with the new release yet due to not needing to.

Perhaps some people have issues with some very specific parts of the driver and are being vocal about it somewhere other then here? I've used mine so far in multiple games and for playing HD films onto a plasma screen using the second DVI output.......has done everything I have asked of it without any noticeable issues and also at a MUCH higher framerate then my 1950XTX CF setup was doing under XP.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Ask me stuff
    Thanks
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Premium Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 670W HiperPower
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19" HW191D
      • Internet:
      • 2mb NTL/Virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Most people aren't debating it here because they are either not running an 8800 with Vista or are HAPPILY running an 8800 with Vista.

I have had ZERO issues with the nVidia vista drivers thus far, 100.64 and 100.65 on both 32 and 64 bit Vista tested and haven't even bothered with the new release yet due to not needing to.

Perhaps some people have issues with some very specific parts of the driver and are being vocal about it somewhere other then here? I've used mine so far in multiple games and for playing HD films onto a plasma screen using the second DVI output.......has done everything I have asked of it without any noticeable issues and also at a MUCH higher framerate then my 1950XTX CF setup was doing under XP.
    Good, I'm actually GLAD to hear that. It's a shame to see the card go to waste on some peoples systems.
    Obviously, as with anything, more people complain than priase, but still, the complaints i've heard aren't usually minor ones.

Thanks
    • excalibur2's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z77-d3h
      • CPU:
      • Intel 2500k @4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2X4gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • WD 2tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R290
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 750
      • Case:
      • Haf-x tower
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2410
      • Internet:
      • broadband with Plusnet
    Good, I'm actually GLAD to hear that. It's a shame to see the card go to waste on some peoples systems.
    Obviously, as with anything, more people complain than priase, but still, the complaints i've heard aren't usually minor ones.
    Well an easy one for you guys:- Once the drivers are optimised for the 88s, would the cheapest 88 be better than the dearest x1950 for dx9c games?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information