Thread: Problems with Acer Aspire X1200

RAS
    Thanks

Angry Problems with Acer Aspire X1200

Recently I bought an Acer X1200 in USA for $450 and brought it to Europe. It will not boot correctly, and clearly the motherboard is not working correctly. To get it repaired Acer want me to send it to USA as they say they have no repair possibility in Europe. After it has been repaired they will only return it to an address in USA, which I donĀ“t have. To find a solution I asked if they could send me a new motherboard, if I paid the shipping costs and if needed parts of the cost of the motherboard. Acer Support was not prepared to find a solution on this as they can not send to adresses outside USA, and hence the PC can not be repaired. Acer was even not willing to tell me the brand and type of the motherboard in X1200, to make it easier for me to buy a new motherboard. I do not understand the support policy of Acer - this is simply not good enough and clearly I can not recommend others in Europe to buy an Acer PC in USA.

Now I hope that someone in the Hexus community can help me with information about where to buy a replacement motherboard for my faulty X1200 ?

Long Time Lurker
    Thanks

Re: Problems with Acer Aspire X1200

I'd go to ACER EU site and kick somone there. In this day and age of global economy its ludicrious that they insist you ship it back to the states. They have repair centers worldwide. (Their UK site is in portsmouth. I got a ACER 5920G i'm sending back to them due to dodgy mb)

I assume its in warrenty? If so its up to them to sort it.

RAS
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

In case it does not work with Acer Europe, I welcome any hints about a mb which could replace the faulty one in my X1200.

Thanks

I would STAY AWAY from ACER!!

I purchased this Acer Aspire X1200 and the audio did not work over HDMI. It took over 25 e-mail exchanges before they would take the PC back for repair. They kept asking me to perform the same steps over and over again!!!

When I shipped the PC back to them, they claimed it was damaged and it would cost $200 to fix. I spoke with Customer No Service and she informed me that the case around the modem port was cracked and that it would now cost only $75. I had inspected the PC very closely prior to shipping it and there was no damage. The PC was packed very well with Styrofoam on all sides of the system, so I doubt very seriously that FedEx damaged it. The modem port on it, is a card installed on the PC and attached to the metal card cage, so what plastic broke around the modem port. I am confident that this is a scam on ACER's part to offset the cost repairs.

When I asked the Service Rep to talk to a supervisor, she told me it was against "policy" and refused to put me in contact with a supervisor. That is unheard of!!!

Thanks
    • Barry's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 7700
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) Avexir 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 860 256GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 3D 500GB, LG BR Writer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Evga GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750I
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" Acer UHD 4K2K
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

year old bump, welcome...
    Someone left a note on a piece of cake in the fridge that said, "Do not eat!". I ate the cake and left a note saying, "Yuck, who the hell eats paper ?

Thanks

I have a problem with me aspire. my multi-card reader seemed to stop working. i contacted acer and they told me to do a system restore which in there explanation would restore my system without deleting important documents. well i did this and the problem was not fixed. i tried to email them back but they said i needed proof of purchase for further help and i do not have any. can someone please help?!

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

If you have no proof of purchase, probably not. But be aware that proof of purchase doesn't necessarily mean an actual receipt - you just need to be able to provide reasonable proof that you purchased the machine yourself and when you bought it (so they can check it's still in warranty, it didn't "fall off the back of a lorry" etc.). Retailers are not required to give receipts so they're not allowed to demand one for returns purposes. So if you can reasonably demonstrate when and where you got the machine, and it is still in warranty, they should take it back for repair.

oh, and as a little hint: it's generally considered bad form to ressurrect an ancient thread to ask a question - far better to start your own thread for it.

Thread Information