Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ongoing problems with Shuttle SB95Pv2 - random lockups

Thanks
    Hello,

Just registered especially for this problem.

I too have a Shuttle SB95PV2 and i'm also having EXACTLY the same problems the initial poster of this thread is having.

My computer locks up, I get a blue screen and after that my computer won't boot because no boot record can be found.

Only installing XP again will resolve this problem.

Although I don't have a physical harddisk problem. When checking the harddisk (Maxtor 250GB SATA), everything is fine.

First I thought it was a heat problem and that because of this my HD was damaged. I bought a new HD (Maxtor 300GB SATAII 16mb). However after one week I got exactly the same problem! This time the computer would boot again and after a very long time Windows started again. But my computer is still rather slow at the moment.

A friend of mine pointed me to this thread. I've exchanged the SATA cable but the S.M.A.R.T. option in Speedfan 4.0 still indicates I have a CRC error in the Ultra DMA and I should exchange my SATA cable for another one (which I've already done)

As an extra I would like to add that I have a ASUS video card with a Nvidea 6600 chipset installed as well.

What to do next. At the moment I'm very reluctant to put anything useful on my HD because I'm afraid it will crash again and all my data will be lost?

Thanks

Re: Ongoing problems with Shuttle SB95Pv2 - random lockups

Hi,

I TOO,... Just registered especially for this problem.

Azzlegog You are 100% right. This system is a DOG! I feel like your Zartan Twin Brother, since everything that you have experienced,.. so have I.

- Damaged HD = Yes, Twice.
    - Multiple random reboots = Yes.
    - BestBuy(where I bought it) GeekSquad is stumped, they suggest its an insufficient power supply.
    - Detecting Array Error msg on startup 80% of the time.
    - Multiple installing of XP.
    - One HD not being recognized on startup.

The Shuttle PR/Marketing/Customer Support are all in cahoots and are lying through their teeth. Can you game on this system?,.. yes. Should you depend on this system not giving you the above listed problems?... no. DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM! Those who already have it and think everything is fine, as I did, your days (hours?) are numbered until it conks out. Trust me. Sorry for the bad news, but I'd rather spare someone else from my fate.

ARGHGHGH!

Thanks

This cpu is a nightmare indeed. They're just selling a product that does not meet it's stated capabilities. Try some of the Shuttle links on this page, and then ask yourself why Shuttle.com has been slowly "removing" them.

Thanks

Hessel and ShuttleProblems,

I am sorry this is the case. I (through MONTHS hell and hard work) got my PC returned and my money back. Granted, I had to go to VISA to do it, but it was done all the same.

I am not a proud owner of a Dell, DuelCore PC running X2 7800 G-force cards in SLI mode for that same money.

Dell System is still running like a top and and not so much as had a hick up.

I have never felt so riped off by a company than my dealings with Shuttle.

I went from a very excited, loyal, customer (I had heard so much great things about them) to not wanting to wish them even on my worst enemy.

In a way I was really hoping I as just VERY unlucky and that my experience was unique and just a fluke.
    It seems that is not so, seeing as how people are still ordering this system only to have it show the same problems as it did over a year ago.

I am sad to see a company go form being nothing but GREAT to a total nightmare.

Please, IF you find a fix for this system (or anyone else for that matter), IE: CPU, Graphics cared, power supply combo.... whatever makes this system work... PLEASE for all that is sacred... post it here for other people.

I couldn't get it to work.
    Shuttle couldn't get it to work.

But this was over a year ago, and maybe now there are other parts that WILL make this dog work.

It would be a great system IF it only worked.

But so far, it doesn't see to.

Sorry for the continued news guys.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Azzlegog

Thanks

Azzlegog,

Thanks again for the heads up. Shuttle should open up a lemonade stand with all of the lemons that they have in hand and are trying to sell. They are the worst. Let you buy a "top of the line gaming machine", just to have it epxectedly conk out on you and then try to play stupid and play the blame game on you.

Hey Azzlegog, can you please send me a private post about how you went about getting your money back. I spent $1100.00 on mine last year, and I would rather know how to follow your success, then to start a meaningless letter writing campaign to Shuttle, Best Buy, Better Business Bureau, the devil, etc. Thanks alot. I would REALLY appreciate it.

Then maybe I could buy a real machine (any recommendations???) and get to playing some MOH, Halo3, and Bioshock (which I have been forced to stand on the sidelines, while my machine is kaput).

Thanks

[QUOTE=shuttleproblems;1202469]Azzlegog,

Hey Azzlegog, can you please send me a private post about how you went about getting your money back. I spent $1100.00 on mine last year, and I would rather know how to follow your success, then to start a meaningless letter writing campaign to Shuttle, Best Buy, Better Business Bureau, the devil, etc. Thanks alot. I would REALLY appreciate it.
    QUOTE]

p.s. I'm at : silverwave at hotmail dot com

Thanks Azzlegog,

Thanks

Thanks Azzlegog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information