Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    ther thermochill rads are just plain black, im not sure if they will custom paint them for you, but if you paint them yourself i think the warranty is void.

if you plan on going for the v1000 soon, i would suggest that you wait till you get it and then do the watercooling. the v1000 is an odd design and its doubtful that anything you make up for the silverstone will fit into the v1000 without re-doing all the tubing again.

i have the pump in the bottom of my v1000, but i had to remove one of the hard drive racks to fit it, but i think you could still do it, if you were to take a jigsaw to the part of the case where the wiring loom from the psu feeds through to the motherboard.

the type of psu doesnt matter because it is kind of sandwiched in anyway, there are little holes in the bottom of the case so that the psu can take in some fresh air, but like i said in my first post, i had to move the psu back a bit so that the tubing didnt kink.

the radbox just fits on to one of the 120mm fan fittings on your radiator and then to the rear of the case.

its all just a case of finding the easiest way of fitting the extra watercooling bits with the bits that you already have, and for me, that was part of the fun

Thanks
    thats not a v1000 by the way

Thanks
    Really, it looks like one???. Yer i was anticipating cutting a hole for the pump if i put it there. Im still not sure what a rad box does but ill google it after luch

Thanks
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    heres the radbox. click on the watercooling products, then accessories and youll see radbox on the left.

http://www.swiftnets.com/

i think thats a v1100 or 1200, the 1000 is not as deep.

well if you are ok with making a few cuts here and there, then that should make things even easier.

Thanks
    When you say deep do you mean how long it is or how wide it is when you are looking at it face on, what would be better, the 1000, 1100 or the 1200???

Also are there better water coooling cases that mabe i should be looking at.

I thinkn the rad box is probably the way to go - does it come with its own radiator or just the actual box?

Im willing to do a little cutting, just on the inside though.

EDIT: from the diagram it seems that for a dual rad u need to cut holes in the back? Also is the radbox with a dual rad ok to work with the li lian ie pci holes at the top??
    Last edited by nvening; 11-03-2006 at 06:07 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    You may be better off getting a v2000, although an intersting mounting location might be where the hdd cages are in that case you posted, if you shroud it off to stop too much air flowing back into the case you should be ok, that way, you put your rad and pump down there out of the way, and can run tubes through into the main section. Whatever you do though id go for a T-line, something like this:
    http://store.over-clock.com/Reservoirs.html (scroll down to the DD fillport)

Thanks
    sorry, by deep i mean from front to back. the v1000 is only a fraction bigger than a decent sized midi tower, whereas the 1100 is the same height and width, but is deeper, i think by about 4 inches if i remember rightly.

its just down to personal taste really. im not too bothered about having a 3 fan monstrosity hanging off the back, but others would be.

as for the v2000, its flaming huge!, and i mean huge. seriously, see if you can find some pics of the 2000 stood next to a case that you are familiar with and youll see

edit: no you dont need to cut any holes for the radbox. you will need to feed the tubes through the back somehow, but i just cut out 1 of the dividers between the 1st two pci slots and fed them through there. looks ok but im going to make a bracket to neaten it up.

edit 2: the pci slots wont be a problem if you use the spacers included in the radbox kit, or alternatively, use an old 120mm fan with the blades cut out as a spacer.
    Last edited by Clunk; 11-03-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks
    Well i was indeed thinking about putting the pump there as in my diagram but if i was to put the rad there then wouldnt it A - mean there is not space for a HDD and B - there would be very limited airflow for the radiator, making them have to work harder/louder?

Whats the difference between using a rad box and having it onto as well, if the tubes came from the back of the rad then it would be bacically the same? Mabe an inch more tubing? Or am i missing something there?

The v2000 is too expensive really.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nvening
    Whats the difference between using a rad box and having it onto as well, if the tubes came from the back of the rad then it would be bacically the same? Mabe an inch more tubing? Or am i missing something there?
    i dont understand what you mean there mate.

Thanks
    Whats the point of getting a rad box over just putting it on the top? surely it makes no difference? Also what should i shroud off herulach?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by nvening
    Whats the point of getting a rad box over just putting it on the top? surely it makes no difference? Also what should i shroud off herulach?
    THe front is full of holes, so my plan was remove HDD bays, cut a dirty grat hole for radiator, mount it in there as far forward as itll go with the pump donw there too, shroud round it so it doesnt suck warm air through itself. Jobs a good un. As far as putting it on top goes, you said you didnt want to cut the outside. also if you put it in the top of that case youre gonna have serious clearance issues, my rad is about 5 inches deep, i.e: itd cover a lot of your motherboard.

Thanks
    I meant putting it on the outside top of the case and then feeding the tubes through a pci slot on the back. Thatway i would think the radiator would need no more than some sticky fixers or whatever to make sure it stays in place.

So what your suggesting is to put the raditor vertically at the front, howerver wouldnt it be bartly behind the CD drive bezzels? And so there would be no holes?

EDIT: What CPU block is better; storm or apogee, the latter is cheaper so...
    Last edited by nvening; 11-03-2006 at 08:14 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    ok i see what you mean now. i had the rad on top initially, and worked fine like that, but i did need to keep lifting it off and letting the air out when i was bleeding it. there is no real benefit either way, i think again its just down to personal preference.

the storm is the one to have, but i couldnt get one, have a look on extremeprometia for the cooltechnica aquaxtreme mp-05 le. thats what i ended up with, and its the closest to a storm, performance wise as you can get at the moment aparently.

Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Storm certainly, apogee is designed to work better at lower flow, which isnt an issue if you get a 655 pump. I mean horizontally along the divider betweent the motherboard and the bottom bit.

To be honest though, with all the stuff you want to do, an aquacomputer set up might be easier, as they do external mounts for their rads, all the temp sensing etc also. PLus it looks pimp.

Thanks
    Those aqua computers look like the best idea actually. I notice it uses the Europe style small tubes instead of the fat US style ones. Whats better? The USA ones probably look better...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Auqacomputer stuff looks the best. But you get more flow with the fat stuff, however, the difference is only a couple of degrees, since the aquacomputer blocks are designed to work at low flow rates

Thread Information