• Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

First Serious Thread for a Long Long Time

Well guys, last night brought it all crashing home ...again

Zakky hit stuff hard but he failed to kill anything....again.

On the dogfight server I was less offended, cos sometimes I get lucky and waste a few of you, and last night wasn't gonna be like that. I did get into the Mig3 mind set again, and had a ball in it

But the accursed Spitfires that everynoe keeps flying are bugging the sh1t outta me

I was priviliedged to be shot down by Luke in a Yak1 last night. That was whole heartedly acceptable, but the constant devotion to what IS the best plane , the Spit, is making me......growl with anger.

Two reasons. A: I dont wanna fly the uber plane, never have never will...and B: I run out of ammo too soon cos I cant shoot straight. Hence my new found love for P40's and Hurris and my long term love of Yak9's.

But to be able to hit something like Luke does....from up close....equal E...gaining a bit at a time....always on the attack.....I just CANNOT SEE WHERE IT COMES FROM.

The ONLY time I can manage it is when I DONT turn tight. Last night was classic examples (over and over) of turning and burning NOT working for me. I thnik Luke MUST turn wider....he must keep his speed in a wider turn, cos although I am turning tighter, I never ever get on him. I cannot see it. I am blind to it. Where does it come from? Trig is back on a roll. Even Yamangman is on the hit a lot.

I need to re assess what is STILL wrong with my pilot skills. Lets not think I am stalling all over the place and losing E....I am now holding 5 or 6 full turns on max edge. I have control. But maybe out turning is not it. Last night I never gave away a height advantage. I was always bounced near my base while still climbing and I survived a lot of it for a while, but still, when it bois down to it, I never got a point and I did die several times. I never landed one.

Just gotta get round to HITTING something hard enough to make it count.

Now I dont get quite as frustrated as I used too, cos somedays I do have good ones. And having a few days off between "conflicts" settles my brain.

Next up: Dak Maps now the Mission Generator was simply superb. We ALL had no idea what was gonna drop on us, and when it came to it, I loaded up the Mig3 with rockets while everyone else jumped into what I thnik were Lagg's from memory. Now having Migged myself up for the last few dog fight servers I was prepared and I am happy to say the confidence was good. But HOW TIGHT DO I HAVE TO TURN to get a 109 off me? I had vapours and the plane was shaking...and they were with me for ages.

I hosed several, but with no impact at all....I saw the hits...I am simply not near enough.

Enjoyed it immensely BUT felt out of my depth again

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    The evening started out with a lot of us in Laggs and Yaks etc - before moving into jets (which I found very amusing) - shame you missed that bit.

I know what you mean about Spits - yes they're great, but if on a dogsight server you want to fly anything else, you'll be pretty much doomed.

It's a shame I missed the co-ops - sounds like fun.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    it was ace and we lasted a fair while too ...most of us

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    The ONLY time I can manage it is when I DONT turn tight. Last night was classic examples (over and over) of turning and burning NOT working for me. I thnik Luke MUST turn wider....he must keep his speed in a wider turn, cos although I am turning tighter, I never ever get on him. I cannot see it. I am blind to it. Where does it come from? Trig is back on a roll. Even Yamangman is on the hit a lot.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head; I must be turning wider and keeping the speed up - meaning that I'm going slightly faster and closer to the planes optimum turn-speed (Albeit through luck more than judgement - and it musta stuck that way in my style of flight). Remember IL2 Compare?? With the graphs showing the best turn speed at each flap settings etc?? I'm going to go check out some tracks and check how close I am to the best turn speeds according to that - and you can do the same if you want...

I'm guessing that, in an effort to out-turn people, you're turning TOO tight - and thus are sacrificing some airspeed and are slightly further off that optimum speed for whatever plane you're in.

Regarding that 109 whilst in a MiG - you weren't gonna out-turn with that thing The F series are pretty good turn-fighters on the whole, and MiG's aint. You needed to be b'n'z-ing from alt if you were planning on dogfighting, or staying low and actually FINDING the ground targets Also, you sure you ditched the rockets??

Yes, its a damn shame Trig is back on a roll - stealing kills after I've pk'd Dak whilst Dak's serving pudding for example

Good night fellas, enjoyed it

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Was a top night And Ive decided to Ban Spitfires from my DF maps for a bit For BoB its a Bader job in hurricanes

Thanks
    Is that cos you're embarrassed because you keep dying in em...

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luke313
    Is that cos you're embarrassed because you keep dying in em...
    Only cause I was eating my pudding

Jets was a laugh for a bit

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I just tried a 1 on 1 Quick Mission builder....me in the Uber La7 3x20 mm monster...

and an Ace in a 109 F4....

16 minutes.....and we evntually collided

Surely I musta hit...and NO I didnt record the frikkin thing....who woulda thought it.....16 minutes in a 1 on 1....

he never had a go, and I was turning less tight....

I had 3 or 4 pops but still "flinch" and wobble at the critical moment. Dunno why..I never "flinch" with a real gun.....its the weirdest thing...

oh well.....

aint shot an ace yet...but I'll get the bugger.

Cant make tonight....enjoy a Yak 9 for me

Shall read those turn stats Luke...pls pm them to me

cheers fellas

Thread Information